General Discussion Forum

Topic: Sad News From The Boston Marathon....

Showing 41 to 60 of 83

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Aviator

41. Posted:

RudyBelmont wrote:

Now 3 bombs.

Two bombs. The JFK Library blast was actually a fire.

In a way exhausting
we're problem solving
Drink 'til she's attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
Talking 'bout diplomatic
I brought my plastic
Making that peace attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

42. Posted:

I'm very saddened by this news. My only brother's in Boston. Luckily he seems to be okay, when we talked before they turned off Cell service...

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

FOREST_RANGER

43. Posted:

Just for some updates:

  • While there was a 3rd explosion reported to happen by the JFK Library and Museum, its relation to the Boston explosion is refuted and deemed as a coincidence (was only a fire incident in the boiler room)
  • As was reported in this thread, around 100 people were injured (some unfortunately worse than others) while 2 people were killed
  • Two more bombs were discovered and were immediately disarmed
  • Cellphone service had been temporarily shut down in the area to prevent remote detonation of any more bombs that might be lurking around
  • The two bombs were said to be detonated roughly 5 seconds apart in time, and roughly 50-100 meters apart in physical distance
  • I am terribly sorry to announce that one of the casualties involves an 8 year-old child

And I decided to watch footage of the incident including the explosions, and it's not for the faint of heart.

I will do what was recommended by Obama and approach this news cautiously and make conclusions later.

Edited on by FOREST_RANGER

Formely known as bobbiKat

Awesome graphing calculator

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Electricmastro

44. Posted:

Close-up of the actual explosion in question...
YouTube video

Edited on by theblackdragon

Backloggery. Now playing: Batman: Arkham City - Armored Edition, Tomb Raider: Anniversary, Pac-Man World, Golden Sun, Kirby & the Amazing Mirror, Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure and Final Fantasy II (Final Fantasy IV).

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SomeBitTripFan

45. Posted:

I also hope everyone else survives. The fact that two of my sisters close friends would have likely been injured had they not decided to leave yesterday makes me so sad for the ones who were injured, and especially the two who were killed. It just makes you think about how soon and unexpectedly your life can end. Why is violence the only solution to problems nowadays? Why can't people find new solutions to problems? The world needs to reevaluate itself and change for the best of all people.

Just Someloggery
Current Projects: Beloved Titan
On the Back Burner: The Machine, Ascending Entity, Antumbra, Between Two Causes, Heaven's Point, Binary, A Pixel and a Dot, Base O-70, A Wakeful Purgatory
A Vacation is a Click Away!
My Avatar: Where Doge Coin is Going
Where's the Poetry? I'm lazy.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Drobotic

46. Posted:

I know it's tragic and all,but couldn't they include the story along with the local news instead of taking all the time up for it.Seriously,sometimes I need to know what's happening near me and not over in some other state.

Currently playing:A little bit of everything :D
Fan of:Adventure Time,MLP:FiM,and gaming on handhelds,consoles,and the PC.

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8187-4581 | Nintendo Network ID: Bubblenom

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Vincent294

47. Posted:

Why does this stuff always happen? All these shootings and now this? We need to crack down on these psychopaths doing this stuff. Clearly we aren't doing enough. This many disasters is just too many.

Vincent294

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1229-3077 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Electricmastro

48. Posted:

SomeBitTripFan wrote:

I also hope everyone else survives. The fact that two of my sisters close friends would have likely been injured had they not decided to leave yesterday makes me so sad for the ones who were injured, and especially the two who were killed. It just makes you think about how soon and unexpectedly your life can end. Why is violence the only solution to problems nowadays? Why can't people find new solutions to problems? The world needs to reevaluate itself and change for the best of all people.

I hope the majority of everyone ran away at the least...

I mean...it was at a marathon after all...

Edited on by Electricmastro

Backloggery. Now playing: Batman: Arkham City - Armored Edition, Tomb Raider: Anniversary, Pac-Man World, Golden Sun, Kirby & the Amazing Mirror, Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure and Final Fantasy II (Final Fantasy IV).

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Inazuma_Pikpik

49. Posted:

@VincentV As long as mankind exists, this crap will happen.

Make sure to grab your umbrella, it's raining puns out there.
I'm so punny I should be sent to the state punitentiary.

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Vincent294

50. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

I've been following this on the news all afternoon. It's a horrific event, and I pray for those injured & their families.

Also, lets hope this doesn't make North Korea more desperate for attention. Today was supposed to be their big day (the birthday of the first generation dictator), and I'm sure they're not too pleased to be taken out of the headlines after their weeks of blustering.

What if this was connected? It might not be, but this could've been done to get them attention or to attract attention away from that dictator by one of his enemies.

Vincent294

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1229-3077 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Vincent294

51. Posted:

Sensei_PikPik wrote:

@VincentV As long as mankind exists, this crap will happen.

True, but I believe we can reduce this considerably.

Vincent294

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1229-3077 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Mickey

52. Posted:

I can't even begin to imagine how frightening it must have been for the people that were there. They'll be in my prayers.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

Whoomp! There it is! -God, when he created the universe.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter: TheMercuryMouse

AuthorMessage
Avatar

FOREST_RANGER

53. Posted:

NOTICE!
In case somebody must find out or inform, they can use Google Person Finder to get info about somebody or report something. Click here.

Edited on by FOREST_RANGER

Formely known as bobbiKat

Awesome graphing calculator

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

54. Posted:

VincentV wrote:

RR529 wrote:

I've been following this on the news all afternoon. It's a horrific event, and I pray for those injured & their families.

Also, lets hope this doesn't make North Korea more desperate for attention. Today was supposed to be their big day (the birthday of the first generation dictator), and I'm sure they're not too pleased to be taken out of the headlines after their weeks of blustering.

What if this was connected? It might not be, but this could've been done to get them attention or to attract attention away from that dictator by one of his enemies.

I highly doubt the explosions had any connection to NK whatsoever.

If they're going to do something, it's going to be something that draws attention to themselves (Kim-Jong Un, and their previous leaders, feed off of the attention). Furthermore, they would have done something that would have had a greater impact, and would have been easier for them to accomplish (such as launching a missle at South Korea or Japan).

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Tank Hero (AND)

Avatar: Happy Independence Day!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Dark-Luigi

55. Posted:

Untitled
Let's pray for them...

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it myself!
My Bio. <- Created by True Hero!
The Luigiloggery <- Take a visit and leave a comment if you want.
"Don't expect mouth to mouth!" -Waluigi.
Super Mario awesomeness and here too. <- Glad to be a Mario fan.
Darkness is a thing I adore the most, it's in my blood.

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Electricmastro

56. Posted:

Sensei_PikPik wrote:

@VincentV As long as mankind exists, this crap will happen.

"For this very reason, make every effort to supplement your faith with virtue, and virtue with knowledge, and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with steadfastness, and steadfastness with godliness, and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love. For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they keep you from being ineffective or unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ." - 2 Peter 1:5-8

Edited on by Electricmastro

Backloggery. Now playing: Batman: Arkham City - Armored Edition, Tomb Raider: Anniversary, Pac-Man World, Golden Sun, Kirby & the Amazing Mirror, Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure and Final Fantasy II (Final Fantasy IV).

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage
Avatar

FOREST_RANGER

57. Posted:

Minor update

Formely known as bobbiKat

Awesome graphing calculator

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Birdman

58. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

VincentV wrote:

RR529 wrote:

I've been following this on the news all afternoon. It's a horrific event, and I pray for those injured & their families.

Also, lets hope this doesn't make North Korea more desperate for attention. Today was supposed to be their big day (the birthday of the first generation dictator), and I'm sure they're not too pleased to be taken out of the headlines after their weeks of blustering.

What if this was connected? It might not be, but this could've been done to get them attention or to attract attention away from that dictator by one of his enemies.

I highly doubt the explosions had any connection to NK whatsoever.

If they're going to do something, it's going to be something that draws attention to themselves (Kim-Jong Un, and their previous leaders, feed off of the attention). Furthermore, they would have done something that would have had a greater impact, and would have been easier for them to accomplish (such as launching a missle at South Korea or Japan).

According to my math (and some help from Google), it was about 2:00 A.M. tomorrow (i.e., the 16th) when the explosion occurred, the day after the 101st anniversary of Kim Il-Sung's birthday. I'm doing my best not to draw conclusions about this event, but it seems highly unlikely that North Korea is involved with these attacks. Just doesn't seem likely in my book.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage
Avatar

FOREST_RANGER

59. Posted:

NOTICE!

U.S. President Obama recently spoke in a video about the situation, but doesn't seem to be noticed by the public. Here is the video.

Formely known as bobbiKat

Awesome graphing calculator

AuthorMessage
Avatar

FOREST_RANGER

60. Posted:

Minor update

  • It is now estimated at this point that around 125 people 140 people were injured from the detonations
  • Here is a map of the approximate points of the bomb detonations:
    Untitled

Edited on by FOREST_RANGER

Formely known as bobbiKat

Awesome graphing calculator

Sorry, this topic has been locked.