Forums

Topic: Sabi leaks Paper Mario and 2d Metroid 2020

Posts 1 to 10 of 10

NotTelevision

Paper Mario is a franchise I forgot about. Seems likely as the list of franchises without representation on Switch slims out. At least from the ones represented on WiiU and 3DS.

NotTelevision

NintendoByNature

Pretty excited about this leak/rumor. Really hoping it holds true.

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

I really hope this one is true, though if nothing surfaces I won't be disappointed. IMO we're about due for another 2D Metroid soon; after finishing Metroid: Samus Returns recently, I'd love to see another Metroid game done in a similar style.

As for Paper Mario....I've only played two of the later games in the series (Super Paper Mario and Paper Mario: Color Splash) and enjoyed them both, though each has its flaws. However, I've heard that earlier games in the series were very different and closer to what the Mario & Luigi series is in its current state.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

judaspete

If true, I hope they let Mercury Steam make a new Metroid, not a remake of Super or Fusion.

judaspete

My Nintendo: judaspete | Nintendo Network ID: judaspete

tzahn

I'd like a new 2D Metroid. Personally, I much prefer those to 3D ones. I'm sure one is in the pipeline, as it's been rumored basically since Samus Returns came out.

As for Paper Mario, I'm one of the weirdos that actually really liked Super Paper Mario. I've dabbled in the other games from the series, but not seriously. Seems about time for one of those on the Switch.

Love anything Zelda. Most other Ninty franchises too! Purposely vague...

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7039-2998 | Nintendo Network ID: tzahn88

NintendoByNature

I'm just getting my feet wet with the original paper mario on Wii u. It's been cool for 45 minutes I've played so far.

NintendoByNature

toiletduck

@tzahn I loved Super Paper Mario on Wii! Weirdly enough it was one of my favourites on the platform. A new game in the same style would be awesome.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Heavyarms55

I'd love an HD remaster of the Gamecube Paper Mario. I have heard lots of positive things about it but it's one of the games from that era that I missed out on. Of course a new one would be cool too - if it was more like the classic ones. But I don't want to get burned again, like I did with Sticker Star...

I would love a port of Samus Returns for Switch. It looked like a great game but going back to 3DS right now just feels like watching the episode of your favorite show from 2 weeks ago. Yeah it was great, but it's old news - yet not old enough to be nostalgic or anything. I really don't think we'll be getting MP4 this year, they seem to really want to get the game right, and since they had to start over, I just don't see it happening until maybe next year. We could also get the Prime trilogy - that rumor has been floating around for a while. Or of course a new 2D game. Maybe a remaster or sequel to the GBA Metroid Fusion game?

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

minecraftemery

Both of these came true. Origami King and Metroid Dread.

Currently Playing:

Idk

Switch Friend Code: SA-2504-2595-1902 | My Nintendo: Emery

• Page 1 of 1

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic