Forums

Topic: RPG’s Gamer Hangout

Posts 141 to 157 of 157

Magician

Balta666 wrote:

I played Vesperia (the one on Switch if not that) and really disliked the combat and had to trade it after 5h. The way the characters move was really odd and I could not grasp how to use the team mates in a proper way.

@Balta666

Vesperia combat is kind of similar to FFXII, you can select presets for what the AI-controlled companions can and cannot do.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Vortexeo

@VoidofLight ahhh I see. I've only every played Vesperia and I am interested in getting deeper into the series. I've been eyeing Berseria for a little while now so keep me posted on what you think

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

Snatcher

So Avatar last air bender is finally getting an RPG at long last, The kickstarter was funded in 16 min, Lets see how this goes.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

VoidofLight

@Vortexeo Will do! The first two hours are honestly pretty solid story-wise, so I hope it keeps going strong.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

dmcc0

@Snatcher Sounds interesting. It's a show I've been meaning to watch for a long time now and my son's been watching it on Netflix recently and loves it.

dmcc0

RR529

I got a gaming laptop recently & downloaded Ys Seven from Steam earlier. I really liked VIII on Switch, so I'm looking forward to it.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

kkslider5552000

Xenoblade 2 has doubled down my opinion that RPGs are too long. The amount of hours they could've easily cut out from this game is incredible (this is arguably true of the other Xenoblades, but this is the peak of this issue, by far).

Most great games are like 30 hours at absolute most, Chrono Trigger is 20, y'all don't need to make your game 60-120 hours long every time.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

VoidofLight

@Buizel All Persona games are pretty long, but it's pretty understandable, given the structure of the game. Persona 5 somewhat drags on, and has way too many party members, but other than that it's pretty good.

I don't usually take issue with how long JRPG's can get, and I even enjoy the longer ones. Xenoblade 2 does feel a bit lackluster though.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

kkslider5552000

I just realized, by sheer coincidence, three of the most recent JRPGs I've played have had a real environmental theme going for them. All three handle this theme better maybe any fiction I grew up with (barring that one of those JRPGs is FFVII, a game I grew up with).

damien33ad wrote:

Hey everyone what is an RPG that you could recommend that is decently accessible? I mean one that doesn't require a TON of skill or learning curve. Don't laugh but TTYD was a blast for me and I know prolly aren't any RPGS that are that simple but curious as to what isn't Xenoblade level. I like turn based but not a hard-core RPG guy that has played for years. Thanks in advance. I do have Billy Fables BTW

I think most of the SNES era RPGs that people still love are fairly easy recommendations. Especially Super Mario RPG and Chrono Trigger.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Ralizah

@damien33ad Dragon Quest XI S. A beautiful and accessible RPG with simple battle mechanics and a fairly straight-forward story. Also one of the most visually demanding titles on the system.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Ralizah

@Bizaster It's mentioned somewhere in the article that same-sex options are going to be patched into the Japanese release of the game.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

MarioVillager92

@Bizaster Doing pretty good myself. I preordered Metroid Dread not too long ago and I'm stoked to play it when it arrives.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic