Forums

Topic: RPG’s Gamer Hangout

Posts 101 to 120 of 157

BruceCM

It's particularly good if you missed out on it originally, @theJGG .... & at least with FFVII Remake, they have done a lot of work on that, although we'll have to see just how much they do change the story when it's all finished I often only get to games with later remakes/ enhanced ports/ remasters, so I have to be in favour of them getting done! Also, it's a good way for the people fresh out of college, etc, to start learning how to do it all, so the 'simpler' ones don't tie up all the senior devs that need to be working on new games

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

MarioVillager92

@Bizaster Thanks! I just finished a couple battles in FE:3H. Did some side quests too. As with Awakening and Echoes, I'm liking it quite a bit.

On a side note, I love Animal Crossing: New Horizons as well. I had the game since launch and I put a ton of time into it. Hopefully I'll get my hands on those Mario items!

@theJGG That's cool, I've been hearing good things about those games so I'm looking forward to playing more of them. Had some prior experience with the DQXI S demo, too!

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

jedgamesguy

@BruceCM For sure. I hope we get some cool surprises from the Unknown Journey, since the original story is pretty much a gaming legend.

@MarioLover92 Best of luck to you, they will be both worth it!

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

BruceCM

Which is that, sorry, @theJGG ....?

SW-4357-9287-0699

jedgamesguy

@BruceCM Sorry, I was making a reference to FF7 Remake, because during the final cutscene we see the words: "The Unknown Journey Will Continue", which implies that the rest of the Remake continuity won't be tied to the plot of the original. We might see one main character die while another lives, and so on.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

BruceCM

Well, I'm waiting for that on Steam, @theJGG .... Also looking forward to SMT Nocturne for Switch, unless they add a Steam version & V!

SW-4357-9287-0699

jedgamesguy

@BruceCM I used to be part of the "casual scum" Rog called us. I started with P5R this year but I want to really become a fan of the whole Megami Tensei... thing. With this drive I playing Persona 4 on PC, and now I really want to "play a real Shin Megoomi Tensay game like Nocturne or Strange Journey" and this is my chance!

Just in case you don't know what I mean, here: https://youtu.be/9nGWEb5QxGA?t=37
I share Big Man Tyrone's view of Chie being the best girl.

Edited on by jedgamesguy

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

BruceCM

While I wasn't really a big fan of P4G, @theJGG .... I think SMT should be better suited to me! Only heard about series so far but definitely interested in them

SW-4357-9287-0699

scoobdoo

So who here downloaded the Ys IX: Monstrum Nox demo, or are we waiting for the Switch version?

FC: SW-3470-2213-1835

Vortexeo

@scoobdoo I do plan on trying the Ys IX demo...I just don't have a playstation 😅 Hopefully they have one for the switch as well when the time comes! I'm super excited!

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

BruceCM

I'm sure the Steam & Switch versions will also have the demo .... Did I see it was only 10 minutes & it didn't have save transfer? That'd be unusual for Falcom games

SW-4357-9287-0699

jedgamesguy

@damien33ad I got interested in SMT by playing Persona 5, which I didn't buy because of the Smash exposure. I had always kept tabs on the game and decided last summer; now is the time. Hopefully I can enjoy SMT 3, that looks like a very dark game. At least with RPGs there's no risk of getting jumpscared, like in a horror game. Bring it!

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

jedgamesguy

@Balta666 Well that's why they added Easy Mode! I absolutely sucked at Persona 5 but that didn't stop me from beating the whole game with a smile! Despite using Safe mode for half the game...

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Dezzy

theJGG wrote:

@BruceCM Sorry, I was making a reference to FF7 Remake, because during the final cutscene we see the words: "The Unknown Journey Will Continue", which implies that the rest of the Remake continuity won't be tied to the plot of the original. We might see one main character die while another lives, and so on.

BruceCM wrote:

Well, I'm waiting for that on Steam, @theJGG .... Also looking forward to SMT Nocturne for Switch, unless they add a Steam version & V!

Basically, they make a few major changes to the story in Remake, and so people are left not knowing how the next games will proceed. Whether they will just completely depart from the story of the original, or whether it will be a bit of a bluff just to keep us guessing, and in reality it will be very similar to the original in the end.

I'm betting on the latter. I think it will mostly be a bluff because they just don't want people too confident they know what's going to happen going forward.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

jedgamesguy

@Dezzy Either way it'll be fascinating seeing how the story'll evolve after twenty-five years. A lot of social issues and norms have changed since then, and I can't wait to see how the characters are redesigned and fleshed out with writing and voice.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Ralizah

@scoobdoo Played the demo three times. It's... fun. Aside from the wall climbing and gliding, it plays identically to Ys VIII, except it doesn't feature the vibrant island setting.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

TheFrenchiestFry

@BruceCM Actually based on the datamining of the JP release in October, there were references to Steam in the game's code so Nocturne is pretty much as good as confirmed to be getting the PC treatment

SMTV is likely not going to be a similar story given how exclusively tied to Nintendo the main series has been for years. In fact Nocturne coming to Switch now means that Nintendo systems have had every mainline SMT game playable on them at some point

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

TheFrenchiestFry

@theJGG I wouldn't say that the ending text in FFVII R actually implies that the rest of the story is going to be a blank slate. They're probably going to take the Resident Evil 2 approach of having the narrative be familiar in terms of locales and scenarios, but it'll be rearranged in a sense where it doesn't feel too attached to the original game's continuity. We also don't even know if Zack is actually still alive beyond that flashback in the ending so that's definitely something they're likely taking creative liberties with

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic