Forums

Topic: Remembering 9/11

Posts 41 to 45 of 45

Sylverstone

Well, I'm proud to be a New Yorker.

I was in Jamaica when this happened, it was the first week of third grade and when my uncle told me what happened, I was stunned.
I was just watching the news up until bedtime.

I didn't lose anyone, but we still lost something inside.

Website | SYLVER.STREAM on Twitch | SK+SE on Ko-fi

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9715-1818 | Nintendo Network ID: Sylverstone14 | Twitter:

SuperMarioFan96

I was only 5 and don't really remember it that well. I had only been in Kindergarden for a week or 2 and my mom, who tends to worry a lot as it is, was watching the news just as the story broke. As I said I really don't remember it well but I remember all the teachers in the school were asked to explain the situation to their students in the best way they thought possible. My kindergarden teacher simply told us that their was a big plane crashed into a tower in New York City. Of course I found out the rest eventually but that's all I really remember happening. I'm sorry to anyone (even if they're not on the forums) who may have lost someone they know in that tragic event.

"Oooh, yes I said it! I said it! I said it 'cause I caaan!"
My Backloggery

Machu

So weird hearin' young'ns talk of their vague memories. Is it really nine years?

I told my story on here last year, so won't bother again. Needless to say, I'll never forget.

Edited on by Machu

Rawr!

the_shpydar

Machu wrote:

So weird hearin' young'ns talk of their vague memories. Is it really nine years?

Yeah, weird, that. It was going through my head as i passed a number of the various local ceremonies/gatherings held this weekend and i saw many kids who have been born since then or were only infants at the time. Still seems to me like it was yesterday. I can't pass over the Throgs Neck Bridge (connects Queens to the Bronx, most recently drove it this past Tuesday when i went to the Yanks game; you can see the famed Manhattan skyline clearly as you cross) without looking over and feeling "something's missing over there".

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

TLOZfreak

I had no school for the rest of the week.. twas kind of awesome.. except for the dead people.. you know

TLOZfreak

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.