QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

sonic_brawler95

I was in kindergarden when it happend, but I still remember watch the building collaspe on TV that day. Tragic.

3DS FC: 5412-9891-8712

ToadFan

On 9/11/2001 I just turned 2 about a month ago so I never really knew what happened... But I watched a YouTube video yesterday and It was very sad. I feel very sorry about people who lost lives and I wish them luck.

ToadFan

theblackdragon

LuWiiGi wrote:

I thought this thread would be deleted, but I guess not. Threads like these tend to be deemed too sensitive for discussion.

i am watching it very closely.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Incognito_D

@Demon ...and it wasn't America who hanged Saddam, it was Iraqis.

シェンムー

Xkhaoz

I was only like 3 when it happened, so I don't remember much. Terrorists suck.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

rustythekid

LuWiiGi wrote:

I thought this thread would be deleted, but I guess not. Threads like these tend to be deemed too sensitive for discussion. I was very young when 9/11 happened, but I watched a documentary about the disaster on British telly the other day and it was so tragic. I feel so sorry for the families who lost people.

Call me crazy but I think this place in specific, so community driven, is mature enough (even if its visited by a lot of kids) that people can share their stories and feelings, besides, call me one sided but Nintendo fanboys are less prone to act like douches .

I was in college but that day my classes started late in the afternoon, I woke up and I see the news anchor from one of the major TV stations in the country (now the president of my country, go figure), basically spurting incoherent words at the camera and then out of nowhere the second plane hits, my dad was watching and I just sit by his side and no one said a word for what I felt it was several minutes, then one of his best friends came to the house with his wife and they started talking about what was obviously by now a terrorist attack. All I know is that I couldn't move off the couch, I literally stood there until my sister called and asked me what was going on, in that precise moment the first tower came down and I'm telling her what's going on and she couldn't believe it, she kept asking me if I was b.s.ing her, until she reached a TV and saw it.

Let me tell you something from a non-American point of view: No matter your views or opinions on politics, religion, etc, it's impossible not to shed a tear when you witness something like that, even if you are thousands of miles away from it.

rustythekid

Tasuki

I was actually asleep when it all happened. I live in California so when the first plane hit it was like almost 6 am here and at that time I worked the closing shift at a Round Table Pizza. After work I went out with some friends for a beer and a few rounds of pool so I didnt go to bed till about 3 or 4 am that day.

Anyway I got woke up by my friend calling me up to tell me what happened I thought at first he was joking or talking about some movie since I was still half asleep. I than turned the TV on just in time to see the first tower collapse. I remember that for the next few days I was glued to the TV.

Thankfully I dont know anyone who died but I felt really bad for all the people that died that day or who had loved ones that died that day. I still cant believe that its been nine years already to me it still seems like yesturday.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

JadeGirl

What hit me so hard was seeing people jumping from so high to a sure death, I asked my mom why and she said many of them don't want to burn up in the building so they rather jump. That's what hurt me so.

Terrorism will never end, children who pick at other children and attack them at school are a terrorist, then you have people who shot each other or steal or kidnap or any of does types of things are being a terrorist. But we can't let them get away we must bring them to justice.

I know some of us don't understand why we keep thinking and remembering about 9/11 but its just to had not to, I would not want to ever forget this day, I believe that the people who would want us to never forget what happened also. I mean we never forgot when our parents die or a friend, sibling or someone famous like MJ dies.

@TheBlackDragoon, I will try not to let this topic get out of control

Edited on by JadeGirl

Love is the Answer!
My meditation of him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the Lord. Psalm 104:34
So many Awesome video games coming out this year! So many games so little money! Crap!

Twitter:

IanMage

I was in Kindergarten when it happened and i remember it very well. Horrible event.
A friend of mine knew someone who was going to go to the building on the day 9/11 occured, but they were saved thanks to their alarm clock that didn't work that day.

3DS friend code: 1160-9727-7802
Wii U ID: ianmage1
I'm working on an animated feature film called "WhiteLand." Check out my progress: http://www.youtube.com/user/ianmage1

IAmNotWill

I was only five, but I remember the day very well. In South Western Connecticut we could see the smoke. I was in kindergarden and my dad had just dropped me off at school. He came back an hour later to get me. I found out the news from my teacher, but I didn't understand what was going on. I came home and watched the news and was still confused.

One of my best friends lived in NYC at the time, and she lived 2 blocks from WTC. Her dad picked her up and ran, told her not to look back and she saw of the planes fall. She lost an uncle who was there at the wrong time. It really sucks.

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

JadeGirl

WhoKnew wrote:

I was only five, but I remember the day very well. In South Western Connecticut we could see the smoke. I was in kindergarden and my dad had just dropped me off at school. He came back an hour later to get me. I found out the news from my teacher, but I didn't understand what was going on. I came home and watched the news and was still confused.

One of my best friends lived in NYC at the time, and she lived 2 blocks from WTC. Her dad picked her up and ran, told her not to look back and she saw of the planes fall. She lost an uncle who was there at the wrong time. It really sucks.

That's so terrible. I'm sorry to hear that.

Love is the Answer!
So many Awesome video games coming out this year! So many games so little money! Crap!

Twitter:

LordJumpMad

Happen to me when i was 11 or 12,

I was on a Feld Trip to Manhattan, to play at Carnegie Hall for the School Band.
Before we got to play one Song, My Teacher came in yelling, "Get on the Bus!" and soon after, the ground started to shake.
Onice we got outside, there was people running, screaming, and Panic all around. My class mate were all on the bus already, but me not knowing whats going on, I was taking my Sweet time with packing up my Stuff, and when I got outside, I see a glmps of The Twin Towers cover in smoke, but befor I can see anymore. My Teacher grab me by the ear to rush me into the Bus , but a Girl in my Class came running out the bus yelling that her Farther works in that buliding.
My Teacher when running to bring her, but she was too fast, so I came running after her and pull her by the hair so she can stop, but then I hear a explosion, it may me look up at the Towers, to see the smoke turning into flames.
It gave me a chill that brun from the inside, after, I drag the Girl back to the bus, with my Teacher's help.

When we got back to Queens, when my School is, My Parents were there to take me home quckly.

So yeah, that why I live in Florida now.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

theblackdragon

JadeGirl wrote:

I mean we never forgot when our parents die or a friend, sibling or someone famous like MJ dies.

I do believe that is the most offensive thing I've seen you post on these forums yet. A celebrity is just a famous person, but a loved one is someone much more special than that, and what happened that day was far more important to the entire nation than the overdose-induced death of Michael Jackson. How dare you.

JadeGirl wrote:

@TheBlackDragoon, I will try not to let this topic get out of control

No offense, but your assistance is not required.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

JadeGirl

JumpMad wrote:

Happen to me when i was 11 or 12,

I was on a Feld Trip to Manhattan, to play at Carnegie Hall for the School Band.
Before we got to play one Song, My Teacher came in yelling, "Get on the Bus!" and soon after, the ground started to shake.
Onice we got outside, there was people running, screaming, and Panic all around. My class mate were all on the bus already, but me not knowing whats going on, I was taking my Sweet time with packing up my Stuff, and when I got outside, I see a glmps of The Twin Towers cover in smoke, but befor I can see anymore. My Teacher grab me by the ear to rush me into the Bus , but a Girl in my Class came running out the bus yelling that her Farther works in that buliding.
My Teacher when running to bring her, but she was too fast, so I came running after her and pull her by the hair so she can stop, but then I hear a explosion, it may me look up at the Towers, to see the smoke turning into flames.
It gave me a chill that brun from the inside, after, I drag the Girl back to the bus, with my Teacher's help.

When we got back to Queens, when my School is, My Parents were there to take me home quckly.

So yeah, that why I live in Florida now.

Wow what amazing story.

@TheBlackDragon, what I mean is I will try not to start a arugment or anything of the sort. I'm sorry if I did not make myself clear

Love is the Answer!

Twitter:

LordJumpMad

Thanks JadeGirl.

But that how life was in NY, it still not a safe place to live

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

JadeGirl

theblackdragon wrote:

JadeGirl wrote:

I mean we never forgot when our parents die or a friend, sibling or someone famous like MJ dies.

I do believe that is the most offensive thing I've seen you post on these forums yet. A celebrity is just a famous person, but a loved one is someone much more special than that, and what happened that day was far more important to the entire nation than the overdose-induced death of Michael Jackson. How dare you.

I'm really sorry I was just trying to point out that people never forget certain events like losing your love ones, you can never forget those kinds of event, because some people were saying that they could not understand why we still were remembering 9/11, and I was trying to say that 9/11 was a very sad day and the worse thing that could happen, and that it was a tragic day. With a lot of people it really hurt and it was tragic when he died, one reason he was mistreated as a child and he never had a happy life.

I'm sorry if I sounded like I was saying something els.

@JumpMad, No problem, my cousin lives in New Jersey but at the time he was to young to remember.

Edited on by JadeGirl

Love is the Answer!

Twitter:

JadeGirl

theblackdragon wrote:

@JadeGirl: You do not understand, and you are just digging the hole deeper. Please stop.

Ok, I'll stop.

Love is the Answer!

Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.