Forums

Topic: Remembering 9/11

Posts 1 to 20 of 45

JadeGirl

I did not lose or know anyone in 9/11. Here's is my story of 9/11.

This is the day we all remember very well and also sad day. I remember I was 8 at the time and it was a very beautiful day, my dad was teaching at a College and my brother was with him also when the tragedy accord, I was home with my mom and my mother turned on the TV and that's when we saw it live the first plane hit the North Tower, I started crying a little bit and asked my mom was it going to crumble and my mother said she didn't know, and then bomb 9:03 the South Tower was hit and my mother screamed a little at the site of the second hit to the South Tower. And then the Pentagon and the North Tower and South Tower collapsed, my mom and I both started crying because I knew a lot of people were killed as it seemed only a few minutes, while it was happening my mom called my dad and brother we were all in shock. I feared myself that America was being attacked which we were.

I just want to take time to Remember all who were lost. God Bless America.

Untitled
we can do without the graphic imagery -- TBD

Edited on by theblackdragon

Love is the Answer!
My meditation of him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the Lord. Psalm 104:34
So many Awesome video games coming out this year! So many games so little money! Crap!

Twitter:

Punny

Twas a tragic day. To everyone who lost their lives on September 11, 2001, rest in peace. To the families who lost their loved ones on 9/11, have many blessings.

I'm back (for the moment)!

chadthegamer

I pray for all those that lost their lives on this day nine years ago. It was a very tragic day, even though I was very young when it happened.

Judge games by what they have and not what they could have had
Wii Number: 3670 7978 6538 8640
PSN ID ~ chadthegamer
Currently Awaiting: Skyward Sword, Dead Space 2, 3DS, Kirby, Vanquish, AC2 Brotherhood, DK

the_shpydar

I live in Long Island, about 20 miles at best from NYC. While i personally didn't lose anyone, a lot of people from my hometown died in the Towers. One of my friends from college actually worked in Tower 2, but thankfully got out in time. He later told us his harrowing tale of evacuating the building, racing down the street and losing his shoes somehow, before ducking into an ATM vestibule to avoid the debris from the crumbling buildings.

It was my second day working as an attorney at a new firm (my first job out of law school), and one of the secretaries was near hysterical, as her husband worked right in the area (he was thankfully okay, but no phone calls could get through in those early hours). When i first heard that a plane hit the first Tower (when info was still sketchy and we didn't know it was a passenger plane), my first thought was that it was someone in a private plane that got off course (it had happened many many years ago -- the 1940s -- that a military plane had hit the Empire State Building). As it became clear that it was intentional, my first thought was "Bin Laden, there's no one else that has it out for us so strongly" -- of course, back then, he wasn't such a household name, but still on the US's radar. We closed the office shortly afterwards, and it was crazy being able to see the smoke and dust cloud while driving home -- again, about 20 miles from ground zero.

What i remember most is what it was like around here in the days and weeks afterwards. It was much quieter (there being no air traffic), and people were, as a whole, much nicer to each other (with a few exceptions that i witnessed of jagoffs harassing people of Middle Eastern descent). I kept wondering how long that "niceness" would last before we all got back to "normal". It was a very surreal time in this area.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

StuffyStuff

@theshpydar - How long did the the niceness last? It seems in our country people have forgotten that we are the UNITED States and we are very divided at this point: Left vs Right, Secular vs Religion, it's pretty sad.

My memory was living in small town, showing up to school and hearing the news and many of the kids thinking it was a good reason to not do anything at school that day. That irritated me to no end. I was 16 at the time and realized what was going on. I had plans that day to buy P.O.D.'s Satellite album and nobody being on the streets or in the shops, and this was in Oregon, far from the scene. I'm not big on sentiment, but that album reminds me of 9/11 and always will. My parents were in Hawaii at the time and I was wondering how they were going to get back. Pretty crazy day, and it's something that I think about fairly often. I know this is a touchy subject, but I'd really like to know the complete truth as there are so many conspiracy theories and loose ends that don't make sense.

StuffyStuff

JadeGirl

I know some people like that Pastor Jones do not care for Muslims. But I care about them, there were Muslims also on that faithful day in the World Trade centers that lost there lives and some who were almost killed, but had nothing to do with a attack on the US. I wish everyone cared about each other and there would just be peace and no more hate and people dying and wars, It would be such a blessing to the human race and a beautiful place as well.

JadeGirl.

Edited on by JadeGirl

Love is the Answer!
My meditation of him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the Lord. Psalm 104:34
So many Awesome video games coming out this year! So many games so little money! Crap!

Twitter:

cheapogamer4life

..... .....

Edited on by cheapogamer4life

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2558-1701
http://passid.ca/N4Life
PSN id: cheapO4life
Xbox gamertag: cheapogamer

Not_a_Tapir

Oh. It was 9/11 yesterday. Totally forgot. Whoops.

Not_a_Tapir

Joetherocker

I was six years old, and getting up for school, I saw it on the TV. I didn't understand what had happened, but I felt sad when I saw it. My parents noticed that I had come into the room and rushed me out while they were crying. I didn't fully understand it for a little while, because adults wouldn't talk about it near me and kids had no clue what it was. My parents eventually explained it and I was pretty shaken up, knowing that there were people out there who would do something like that. I wasn't sheltered, I knew what murder and stuff was, but something like that was in someway almost incomprehensible to me.

About a week or two later, my parents organized a huge drive with my school and local businesses to send care packages and gifts to the firefighters and police who risked their lives out there. That was when most people I knew learned the full impact of it. On 9/12 an ambulance drove past the school and we had a moment of silence in class.

Two years ago I found out that a friend of mine's mom worked in one of the towers at the time and was able to help get 20 employees out of there in time. I thought it was incredible, but my friend didn't talk about it like it was anything too special. That same day they showed video of it in homeroom and I noticed some people just sitting listening to their iPods or doing homework as if it didn't matter. It depressed me then and it depresses me now that people don't seem to care anymore.

Politicians are using it for political gain, Christian extremists and racists are using it to attack all muslims and people from the middle east. The Bush Administration used it as an excuse to attack Iraq. It's been 9 years and some people just don't seem to realize just how horrible it was anymore. How in the hell does burning the Koran honor victims of 9/11? How does pissing off the extremists who caused it and disrespecting the beliefs of some of the innocent people who died in the attacks honorable in any way? It pisses me off.

Sorry for the long post, but I needed to say all that somewhere. I always think about a lot on this day.

Wild signature appeared!

3DS FC: 4270-1110-7770

Not_a_Tapir

Joetherocker wrote:

I was six years old, and getting up for school...
Sorry for the long post, but I needed to say all that somewhere. I always think about a lot on this day.

Manly tears were shed.

Not_a_Tapir

FunderThucker

My story is a kind of weird one. I was 6 years old on 9/11/2001, in fact, I just turned 6 as it was my birthday. The school has this special tradition where the birthday boy/girl, brings cup cakes to school and shares it with everyone. My parents and I wasn't aware at what happened, so we brought cupcakes and party favors and balloons to school. Walking in through the front door in a room full of people crying and grieving with a smile on my face is, needless to say, really awkward. That's my story though, kind of weird.

I am the hero that Gotham deserves.

Chris720

I don't really understand the point in mourning or remembering this... aren't you just sending a message to the terrorists that what they've done has affected us all even after NINE years? If we keep mourning, crying etc. about something we can never change your just giving terrorists more reason to feel proud about what they've done...

Its good to remember I suppose, but its been nine years since it happened... and we're still going on about it... yes, a lot of people died, but we can't change what happened. Just be glad the last plane didn't hit its destined target...

But, anyways, I was 8 when this happened and I didn't really blink an eyelid... until America retaliated...

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

Aviator

@Demon I guess the point of you not understanding is the fact that you are not American.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

StarBoy91

Hard to believe it's already been nine years since it happened (I was ten back in 2001). It's so sad.

Edited on by StarBoy91

To each their own

zezhyrule

Dragoon wrote:

chadthegamer wrote:

I pray for all those that lost their lives on this day nine years ago. It was a very tragic day, even though I was very young when it happened.

No point in praying for dead people; they're already dead.

9/11 is my friend's birthday.

I don't really remeber that much about the day itself, but the history channel specials I watched on it were sad.

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

xAlias

9/11 is my brother's birthday, and I have an ironic story related to that day. My uncle usually went there to do business, but the morning when the towers were struck, he slept in, therefore missing his death.

xAlias

Nintendo Network ID: xAlias

RandomWiiPlayer

labrat7 wrote:

9/11 is my brother's birthday, and I have an ironic story related to that day. My uncle usually went there to do business, but the morning when the towers were struck, he slept in, therefore missing his death.

I've heard that the same thing happened to Seth McFarlane, except he was supposed to catch one of the planes.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

Chris720

Aviator wrote:

@Demon I guess the point of you not understanding is the fact that you are not American.

True... and neither are you actually. .-.

@NintyFan I thought America captured Bin Laden and hung him? o.0

Edited on by Chris720

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

LuWiiGi

I thought this thread would be deleted, but I guess not. Threads like these tend to be deemed too sensitive for discussion. I was very young when 9/11 happened, but I watched a documentary about the disaster on British telly the other day and it was so tragic. I feel so sorry for the families who lost people.

No animals were harmed in the making of this post.

WarioWare: DIY: FC - 0904 7088 3011
Favourite users: PunnyGuy, StarBoy91, cloudcult10, Xkhaoz, Dragoon, DannyBoy, NintyFan, NintendoPurist, Sadman, Wooperman1, Golgo, GamesX99, turtlelink. The rest of you are cool too, though.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.