Forums

Topic: Remembering 9/11

Posts 1 to 20 of 28

TKOWL

The most tragic day in American history. Watch the History Channel tonight for probably the most depressing show ever, 108 minutes that changed the world. Uncut videos with no commentary. Seriously, you dont want to miss this show

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter:

tonyp415

I seen this thread coming

Only a fool wouldn't strategize before a fight MUA HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA

Corbs

The 9/11 anniversary to me is just another reminder of how unprepared as a country we were and probably still are if the truth be told. I just feel for all of the people who lost their lives and loved ones in the debacle. But I'm sure they'd rather not be reminded each year of it.

Plain old gamer :)

StarBoy91

The day everything started to change (for better or worse).

To each their own

IAmNotWill

Corbie wrote:

The 9/11 anniversary to me is just another reminder of how unprepared as a country we were and probably still are if the truth be told. I just feel for all of the people who lost their lives and loved ones in the debacle. But I'm sure they'd rather not be reminded each year of it.

Yeah tell me about it...

I remember this day on 2001, I was in kindergarden and my mom came to pick me up from school early. She told me what happened. When I got home, turned to the news on TV and the rest is pretty self explanatory

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

Vendetta

Each will commemorate in his own way. I hope against hope this thread doesn't devolve into a political discussion, and wouldn't mind seeing it locked 'ere it does. Some topics don't need threads.

Vendetta

Metang

StarBoy91 wrote:

The day everything started to change (for better or worse).

Stole the words right out of my mouth.

Images speak louder than words.
YouTube: TheLegendaryPirate
Email: e.&...

ryanknight717 wrote:

The most tragic day in American history.

Eh, that's debatable.

AlexSays

Devil_Hunter_Dante

I was setting up a Wal Mart Super Center and I had no idea what was going on as I was using drills and other tools and the part of the store I was in was not open to the public. We all took a break where we were working and it came across the Wal Mart Television Network that was set up in the store and I was shocked, stunned and completely in disbelief. I could not wait to get home to turn on the news and hear what had fully happened. Unfortunately when I heard about it I was on hour 5 out of the 16 hour shift. When I left work the gas pumps were full all the way to the other side of the parking lot. It was truly a sad day in American history and I hope it never happens to the United States or any other country for that matter. I just wished we could all find a common ground to where we could all get along and not war with one another. But unfortunately the real world has some bad people that want to do bad things. Sorry for being so long I just wished humanity could get along and work together instead of against one another.

Edited on by Devil_Hunter_Dante

Devil_Hunter_Dante

Supermarioman

I've always found it very odd that Bush was reading to school children (insert Bush Joke here) But it really was a tragic day and I hope they get the new building built though!

Supermarioman

Metang

AlexSays wrote:

ryanknight717 wrote:

The most tragic day in American history.

Eh, that's debatable.

True that. I don't think 9/11 was quite as tragic as the Great Depression, or World War II. (Even though we won WWII, many lives were lost. )

Edited on by Metang

Images speak louder than words.
YouTube: TheLegendaryPirate
Email: e.&...

ryanknight717 wrote:

The most tragic day in American history. Watch the History Channel tonight for probably the most depressing show ever, 108 minutes that changed the world. Uncut videos with no commentary. Seriously, you dont want to miss this show

I think I saw it last year, was it something kinda like Blair Witch Project and Cloverfield (the filming-style)? Anyway, yeah, my god, I still can't believe it all happened and already 8 years ago

Who Are You?

SMEXIZELDAMAN

This was a sad day so many lost
I don't get why it keeps having anniversaries though? Its kinda sad and im not sure i wanna keep being reminded of it every year

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

tylero09

SUPERZELDAMAN wrote:

This was a sad day so many lost
I don't get why it keeps having anniversaries though? Its kinda sad and im not sure i wanna keep being reminded of it every year

That's true of all disasters, but the dates will always be remembered - especially when, as in this instance, it's been named after the date
But although it's not nice having to remember these things year-in-year-out, it at least gives us a chance to take a moment each year to remember those lost, and think of their loved ones.
These things can be painful to remember, but should not be forgotten.

Wii: 4057-1101-4172-6642
Mario Kart Wii: 5069-4059-7720

Machu

Well said ROB. It will be a painful day for the friends and families of those lost, but it would be even more painful if they thought the rest of the world had forgotten. I don't think we ever will.

Here's to a brighter future eh, though as others have mentioned, I fear we are ill-prepared to defend ourselves in the future.

Rawr!

MrPinguy

Metang wrote:

Even though we won WWII, many lives were lost. )

In a War, nobody wins.

MrPinguy

Magi

I was at work went it all went to heck. I left for a bit until I could get in touch with a good friend of mine, who's dad worked at the Pentagon. Once I heard he was ok, I went back to work and sent almost everyone else home. It was a very somber day. Strangely, outdoors, it was a gorgeous day. I remember it well. It was a little on the cool side, but it was clear and the sky was super blue. The sun shining down on your face was so warming and comforting.

The part that got me the most, was when they were showing the videos in the beginning where the debris was falling from the buildings. As the camera crews zoomed in, we all learned that it wasn't debris, it was people jumping from the top of the building. They seriously curbed the camera views after that. The heat from the floors below where the planes crashed were rising from the buildings and the only way out was to jump. Then the folks on the second tower had to watch in horror as the first tower collapsed. I don't really know what the words are I'm looking for but it's got to be a very "heavy" decision to choose the person you are going to die with, clasp hands, and then leap to your death. I guess it's a pretty intimate decision, ultimately.

Edited on by Magi

Magi

JTC-Pingas

MrPinguy wrote:

Metang wrote:

Even though we won WWII, many lives were lost. )

In a War, nobody wins.

You got that right.

Edited on by JTC-Pingas

JTC-Pingas

Mabbit

does 9/11 have anything to do with 911?

Heisenberg says "relax!"
The user formerly known as briunj04
PSN=mabbit04/Summoner name(LoL)=briunj04

skywake

briunj04 wrote:

does 9/11 have anything to do with 911?

terrorists did it for the lolz

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.