Forums

Topic: Relieving Stress/Anxiety and Ways to Relax

Posts 41 to 51 of 51

TsunamiSensei

It depends on the person. My anxiety issues were uncontrollable until I started taking medicine for it, but my bro can just talk through stuff. But just for small things, sitting down and reading can really help calm you down.

"Books are the real treasures of the world!"
-Skeletor

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

darkfenrir

I suddenly get depressed today (probably because I'm sick), and all I can feel is just 'if I'm gone, does anybody even care?', I want to talk with somebody, but there's no one, although I very much should doubt there's anyone that's going to care anyway.

I've just been doing some breathing exercises and meditates a bit and it helps a lot, but the one that I really need is truly talking to someone online (the last time I did that, is a few years ago and it helps immensely... now? Nobody to talk with)

darkfenrir

e-love

When I suffer from manic depression and anxiety attacks I usually take to the computer to calm myself down.

In the room I will light a candle, grab a blanket, put the fan on high. I'll then usually type out my thoughts, usually in poems, just to let everything out. I stopped calling friends as these incidents usually happen very late at night and I don't want to become one of those friends to them.

Music.
Music really helps.

I try to stay clear of the songs that make me sad to begin with, and focus on the type of music that gives me a warm and comforting feeling. This may sometimes be show tunes, old Disney songs- something I can sing along with. It usually makes me feel a lot better and I forget everything else.

I also paint and draw when I'm feeling a lot of emotion coming on me.

Sometimes I find a lot of peace in sitting outside and looking at the moon and the stars (again, stress really only is a problem for me at night)

What it comes down to, is finding inner serenity in the small things. You don't have to really go out of your way- even if people aren't available to talk to-there's a lot of little things in life that can make us smile, calm us down, and give us peace.

Edited on by e-love

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Drawdler

My parents have been arguing (and I mean full-on yelling, utterly irrationally) my entire life and the majority of my sister's. I have a lot of rage inside of me because of it, even though I've not been getting involved for the past few months which has made it much better. All of my anger is still here, and I'm always too afraid to vent it, because I get punished for it, even by my mum who goes through the same kind of thing when my dad is yelling at her. The worst things are that I'm way too impatient to do stuff like meditation(I know that I need to relax much more for my wellbeing, but failing at meditation annoys me), and sometimes my mum lets me go to the psychiatrist with her- but I always feel like she takes my thoughts and feels third to my mum's. I just feel like my whole life is being controlled since I can't even go anywhere to escape from it(I hate being at school even with my friends, and I'm too young to drive out somewhere). Video games, puzzles and watching WIR or Letters and Numbers are the only things that can ease me much(and rarely, sometimes I'll just sit in the backyard, but the problem is that option is not free much). I really wish that I could just get help, but whenever I ask for it, I'm always disappointed. I do draw, but sometimes actually trying to study that, or even just drawing but getting something wrong makes me more frustrated instead of happy with what I did. It's simply becoming harder to appreciate the little things. After all these years I still have yet to find an outlet for me that can keep up with my accumulation of emotions.

(I'm sorry OP! I know that you asked for no rambling, but I'm just getting increasingly tired of this weekly routine...)

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.