Forums

Topic: Rate That Game! Week #39 Professor Layton and the Curious Village, LittleBigPlanet, Mario Kart Wii

Posts 381 to 400 of 902

Yasume

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks ~ 9/10

The second Zelda game I played and the one that really got me into the series. At first it felt a little weird controlling the entire game with your stylus, but it worked really well and I got used to it quickly. For some reason gamers think that the DS Zelda games are the weakest entries so far, but I honestly don't understand why. Maybe because it is targeting a younger audience as well and the difficulty is therefore a bit on the easy side. It was perfect for me though.

Nominations

Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg
Donkey Kong 64
Donkey Kong Country
DoReMi Fantasy: Milon's DokiDoki Adventure
Hotel Dusk: Room 215
Klonoa
Mario Golf
Shantae: Risky's Revenge
Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
Wario Land 4

Edited on by Yasume

Steam ID: Yasume
PSN: Yasume90

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1277-5074 | Nintendo Network ID: Yasume2

Cia

Silent Hill 3: 9/10, Chrono Trigger 10/10
ST and PH are the worst Zeldas of them all. I've played through every entry numerous times. Spirit Tracks: 8/10

Edited on by Cia

Cia

Cia

zezhyrule wrote:

Faron wrote:

ST is worst Zelda of them all. Spirit Tracks: 8/10

I know, it sounds funny . But seriously, even the worst Zelda game is not worse than 8. (and i'm not counting those CD-I aberrations).

Cia

TeeJay

Spirit Tracks: 8.5/10
Love the game, love the fact that you can replay bosses and hack and slash to your hearts content in a Mini game. Hate the limited movement of the train, and hate the speed of the train. Love the different outfits and shields, hate the fact that YOU CAN'T HAVE A FLAMING SWORD!!

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

_mikero_

Chrono Trigger - 9.5/10 One of the best RPGs ever.
Spirit Tracks - 7.5/10 Good game but a bit of a disappointment when compared with other Zelda titles. I'm not a big fan of either the stylus controls or the train itself.

_mikero_

JeanLuc_Vaycard

Faron wrote:

zezhyrule wrote:

Faron wrote:

I know, it sounds funny . But seriously, even the worst Zelda game is not worse than 8. (and i'm not counting those CD-I aberrations).

Your opinion. I give TP a 5 and Phantom Hourglass a freakin 4. I love how everyone slobbers all over the Zelda series like every single one is a magnificent masterpiece.

THERE... ARE... 4 LIGHTS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSn2JuDQSc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

kevohki

Silent Hill 3 - 9.5/10
Chrono Trigger - 9.5/10

PSN ID: PhantomSauce
3DS Friend Code: 2105-8814-0225

retired_account

Vaynard wrote:

Faron wrote:

zezhyrule wrote:

Faron wrote:

Your opinion. I give TP a 5 and Phantom Hourglass a freakin 4. I love how everyone slobbers all over the Zelda series like every single one is a magnificent masterpiece.

Same dude. Ocarina of Time was almost a masterpiece for me, but I couldn't get past the dated visuals. Headaches + nausea = lamesauce. I guess my favorite is Wind Waker, but even that one had its boring spots.

None of the Zelda games really stand out as amazing games IMHO. I hope OoT3D and Skyward Sword change that. :3

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

Yasume

End of week #14

Silent Hill 3 was rated 6 times and ended up with a score of 9.1 (9,08). Current position is 7th place.
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks was rated 14 times and ended up with a score of 7.6 (7,64). Current position is 39th place.
Chrono Trigger was rated 21 times and ended up with a score of 8.9 (8,88). Current position is 17th place.

Nominations results

Mario Golf (14)
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories (13)
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (13)
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow (13)
Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg (12)
Cave Story (12)
DoReMi Fantasy: Milon's DokiDoki Adventure (12)
Hotel Dusk: Room 215 (12)
Super Mario World (12)

Edit: The next update is going to be on a Saturday, because I'm on vacation this week.

Edited on by Yasume

Steam ID: Yasume
PSN: Yasume90

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1277-5074 | Nintendo Network ID: Yasume2

JeanLuc_Vaycard

Mario Golf 8/10. Decent game. Plays almost exactly like Hot Shots Golf on the PS1.
Sonic 2 8/10. The only Sonic game I really even like.

THERE... ARE... 4 LIGHTS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSn2JuDQSc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

_mikero_

Mario Golf - 8/10 - Fun game. One of the best Mario sports titles.

_mikero_

StarBoy91

Mario Golf (GBC) - N/A Haven't played it in years, but from what I remember it's a decent game, but nowhere near as good as Mario Tennis
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - 9/10 A very great game, and the best MegaDrive Sonic game I've played

Nominations:
Ristar the Shooting Star
SoulBlazer
Croc: Legend of the Gobbos
Adventures of Lolo

Edited on by StarBoy91

To each their own

cheetahman91

Mario Golf- 8/10: Fun little golf game.
Sonic the Hedgehog 2- 10/10: The best Sonic game.

Nominations:

Super Mario World
Wario Land 4
Axelay
Sonic Advance
Shining Force
Bit.Trip Runner
Ristar
Cave Story
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Shinobi

Edited on by cheetahman91

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

The_Fox

Sonic 2: 7/10 I honestly preferred parts 1 and 3.
Silent Hill Shattered Memories: 5/10 Way too tedious.
Mario Golf: NA/10

Nominations
Batman Arkam Asylum
Mass Effect 2
Super Mario World
Half Life
Donkey Kong Country
Ristar
Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Jnes4

Mario golf: n/a
I only played "toadstool tour" on gamecube on a demo booth but only for a bit...

Silent hill: shatered memories: 9/10
My second favorite silent hill game (the first one being silent hill 3 of course !). I thought the gameplay was very unique and great with the whole psychology moments the game includes and how you ran away from enemies rather than killing them like in other survival-horror games, and it had a great story as well being a re-telling of the first game, and it had a sad but great ending too ! the only problems I had with the game is that the whole experience feels really short and the atmosphere feels very "meh..." sometimes, but overall It's a great and fun re-telling of the first silent hill game !

Sonic the hedgehog 2: n/a
Never played this...

My nominations:
Kirby's epic yarn (Wii)
Fragile dreams: farewell ruins of the moon (Wii)
Megaman 64 (N64)
Star fox: assault (GCN)
Prince of persia: the sands of time (GCN)
Donkey kong 64 (N64)
Silent hill: homecoming (PS3)
Timesplitters: future perfect (XBOX)
Splinter cell: pandora tomorrow (XBOX)
Jet force gemini (N64)

Do games need to be epic ?... or fun ?...
Game reviewer of http://wiiwarewave.forumotion.com
Wii #: 0018 2269 1524 9019 (codename Jnes)
Also on PSN ! PSN: jnesDX

Spoony_Tech

Mario golf 9/10. One of the best golf games I've ever played and I've played a lot of them. Love the course selection as well as the characters to choose from. A little better then the gamecube version IMO.
Sonic 2 6/10 Not a big sonic fan.
Nomination
Ico
Resident evil 2
Advanced wars-days of ruin
Mario kart
Blaster master
Metroid
Metal gear

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.