General Discussion Forum

Topic: Question of the Day II: #511: What 2014 release are you looking most forward too?

Showing 881 to 900 of 1,638

AuthorMessage

Mickey

881. Posted:

Making it through Sonic 1 all the way to the Labryinth Zone and dying.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

Whoomp! There it is! -God, when he created the universe.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter: TheMercuryMouse

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

882. Posted:

I think I raged in Super Meat Boy for a bit in hell. That's it. One time my brother kept beating me in Modern Warfare 2 and I through my hands up like "screw this!" And the controller flew out of my hands and hit the TV. That was an accident though.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

SomeBitTripFan

883. Posted:

In Super Mario World (the GBA version, I always used Star Road to skip to Bowser's Castle (I couldn't beat one of the levels in World 3). I spent hundreds of lives trying to beat the level, so I was already frustrated, but then when I finally reached Bowser, I died. I reached him again, and then died. I thought it was impossible to kill him, as I couldn't even hit him. I tried to kill him every way I thought possible and it always did the same thing, nothing. So, I did what any 7/8 year old would do, beat the game and console that held it... physically. I sunk my teeth into my Silver DS Phat carving lines into its soft plastic and then slammed it shut breaking the right side of the hinge. It still works, in fact I used it for years until the 3DS came out, but I still use it for GBA games. Unrelated to rage quitting though, I later used a metal led pencil as a stylus because I couldn't find my stylus. I was playing Goomba Wrangler in Mario Party DS and carved a semi-circle into the glass part of the screen. In other words, my DS is worth $5 at most.

Just Someloggery
Current Projects: Beloved Titan
On the Back Burner: The Machine, Ascending Entity, Antumbra, Between Two Causes, Heaven's Point, Binary, A Pixel and a Dot, Base O-70, A Wakeful Purgatory
A Vacation is a Click Away!
My Avatar: Where Doge Coin is Going
Where's the Poetry? I'm lazy.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

AuthorMessage

WildMan

884. Posted:

The only time I remember actually getting angry at a game was when I lost a game in Backyard Hockey. I was usually unbeatable in that game, so losing made me very angry. I was so mad I actually started crying (I was like 8 or 9). Other than that, I can't remember anything. I usually don't get mad when I play games.

Mmm Chicken

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852

AuthorMessage

KingDunsparce

885. Posted:

The only rage-quit in recent memory was when I was playing Mario Galaxy 2 on the Flip Switch Galaxy (Or whatever that one is called) and I kept accidentally switching. I had like 40 lives left (more or less) but I just got a bit frustrated and turned it off. Then, I turned it on later that week to try again. I had no lives left for some reason (reset to 3). I was pretty annoyed to say the least. :P

Edited on by KingDunsparce

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P
Behold: My Sparceloggery
Needs more Dunsparce. Much better

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

886. Posted:

mariobro4 wrote:

Every RPG boss that uses cheap tactics....

looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
running away from reality is betraying yourself and those who care about you

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

SkywardLink98

887. Posted:

I guess Monster Hunter 3 Tri. I couldn't beat the Gobul and after 5 or so tries I just gave up. I had other games on my backlog so it was awhile before I made my way back to MH3.

There are no stupid questions, except for the ones that are.
Bergmite, Piloswine and Snover safari.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

888. Posted:

Mario Party 2...
My friend's bro got a star from a hidden block on Turn 1. On Turn 2, it happened again! I said "F*** it, we're playing Double Dash now!" and we haven't played Mario Party 2 since... XD

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel
Viridi Avatar

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

Sheikah_stone1

889. Posted:

I hate it when Bowser kills me -_- especially the time I played Paper Mario: sticker star and Bowser was in his final form with only ONE life left >.< then he burned all my stickers and killed me... Arghhh...

What do you suppose this stone is?
I feel like it's trying to tell us something...

I think there's a fairy hiding inside it, too.
Maybe you can lure it out somehow!

-Navi the fairy

AuthorMessage

HawkeyeWii

890. Posted:

Probably anytime I am playing Mario Kart Wii and I am absolutely owning everyone in the race, all 3 laps and then inches from the finish line I will be pummeled with lighting, then a blue shell and then 1 or 2 red shells and end up pulling 4th or 5th. That is why Mario Kart Wii is by far my least favorite of all the MKs. They abused the Blue shell!!!!!!

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

891. Posted:

Not exactly related to the games themselves, but way before I was introduced to console gaming I played simple PC stuff, most notably the Roller Coaster Tycoon and Zoo Tycoon series. Well the computer I used to play on had a tendency to freeze quite often, so if I didn't save often enough, I would lose a ton of progress and get very upset. I think I broke the slide-out desk once, but that's about it as far as physical damage.

Oh wait; I don't remember how but I did hit a Classic Controller so hard it wouldn't work anymore. Can't recall what I was playing at the time.

Edited on by WingedSnagret

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

892. Posted:

I don't quit when I get mad, I persevere, and it increases the satisfaction of completing the task.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

893. Posted:

Happy_Mask wrote:

I don't quit when I get mad, I persevere, and it increases the satisfaction of completing the task.

what!? you don't even take a break to lower the stress?!?!? that's being strong.......

my Backloggery

AuthorMessage

swordx

894. Posted:

Happy_Mask wrote:

I'm like that on every single game except fo when I face Mr. Dream/Mike Tyson. In that case, I just stop and try later.

swordx

AuthorMessage

Miss_Dark

895. Posted:

perfect dark: when sims stole your weapon by beating you, the screen would become very vague, it always made me feel sick and it took ages for the screen to be back "normal", in the mean time they were shooting you in your back with your own gun WHOHAGOHOMSLDHFOMH

Edited on by Miss_Dark

"Il y a un adage qui dit qu'on fait du mal à ceux qu'on aime, mais il oublie de dire qu'on aime ceux qui nous font du mal."

Wii U name: Miss_Dark feel free to add me (but let me know who you are @ NL)
DS code: 1177 8262 3599 Please add me! ^^ (and let me know your code so I can add you too!)

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

896. Posted:

GustavoSF wrote:

Happy_Mask wrote:

what!? you don't even take a break to lower the stress?!?!? that's being strong.......

Well I really only get annoyed when a mechanic/ boss is poor in design to the point of being difficult. With moments like those, it can mostly come down to dumb luck, or repitition, and I can be almost robotic when it comes to repitition, so yeah. Difficulty is fun though, and I often see my own error and learn from it next time, so it's no big deal. :3

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

897. Posted:

Happy_Mask wrote:

GustavoSF wrote:

Happy_Mask wrote:

Well I really only get annoyed when a mechanic/ boss is poor in design to the point of being difficult. With moments like those, it can mostly come down to dumb luck, or repitition, and I can be almost robotic when it comes to repitition, so yeah. Difficulty is fun though, and I often see my own error and learn from it next time, so it's no big deal. :3

that makes sense. I normally take a break and when I'm thinking properly again I give it another try.

my Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

898. Posted:

"Purple Coins on the Rainbow Road" in Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Backloggery. Now playing: Rayman 2: The Great Escape, Pac-Man World, SteamWorld Dig, Klonoa: Empire of Dreams, Kirby & the Amazing Mirror, Final Fantasy II (Final Fantasy IV) and Ufouria: The Saga.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage

RR529

899. Posted:

Many bosses throughout the years (stuff like the Ansem-Riku boss fight in KH & KH:CoM, a giant spider boss in NG:DS, and Alpha-152 in DOA4 stick out, though).

Another thing that gets under my skin (although not enough to quit), is when I get through a really tough part of a game, I sometimes go back to an earlier area to unwind, and I manage to die there, after beating the hard area (that just really grates me).

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Tank Hero (AND)

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

900. Posted:

Question# 469: Other than Nintendo Life where do you usually get your video game news from?

Me I go to a few places mainly Gamespot.com.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311