Forums

Topic: Question of the Day II: #511: What 2014 release are you looking most forward too?

Posts 861 to 880 of 1,620

Auracle

Untitled

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

Big_Boy_Chubs

Yes all over my body.....like an art project!

tumblr's better...

-Kurt Cobain
X&Y safari: Fire; Charmeleon; Ninetales; Growlithe

3DS Friend Code: 4441-9172-6626 | Nintendo Network ID: BigBoyChubs

TheKingOfTown

No, I don't like tattoos on anyone personally.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

Tasuki

Ok so another late question but thats cause I have been playing Ducktales: Remastered and lost track of time today lol.

Question #468: What was your worst rage quit moment in a game?

Mine would have to be when I was playing Metal Gear Solid on the Playstation years ago. I dont remember what part I was at but all I remember is that I couldn't get past it for the longest time. I got so frustrated at it that I took the controller while it was still plugged into the console and swung it around like a fail smashing it over and over into the floor until there was nothing left of the controller but broken plastic and circuit boards.

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Big_Boy_Chubs

Ummm.... I'd say in th Legend of zelda ocarina of time 3ds....Sold it out of rage too....then felt even more rage when i sold it for 10$.

tumblr's better...

-Kurt Cobain
X&Y safari: Fire; Charmeleon; Ninetales; Growlithe

3DS Friend Code: 4441-9172-6626 | Nintendo Network ID: BigBoyChubs

8BitSamurai

Wonder Boy in Monster World on the Genesis. The game is pretty easy until one of the later bosses, which I thought was the final one until I looked it up. The boss is so difficult, even abusing save states that are available on some of the re-releases doesn't give me enough of an edge to beat him. Even with the best possible equipment, maximum life, I can just barely get to his last form, let alone beat him! Worse yet, on the original version, if you die on the boss, you're going all the way back to the beginning of the dungeon. Tried for hours, until I just gave the whole game up. Only time I've ever done that. No broken keyboard (Steam version for me), at least.

But wow, your story sure does sound... intense.

Edited on by 8BitSamurai

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

Captain_Toad

Every RPG boss that uses cheap tactics....

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Captain_Toad

CrimsonFire13 wrote:

Playing Sonic Fighters and fighting the final boss when i was about 7 years old.

Heh, that final boss is the stuff of frustration for me too. Have you conquered it yet?

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Mickey

Making it through Sonic 1 all the way to the Labryinth Zone and dying.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

SomeBitTripFan

In Super Mario World (the GBA version, I always used Star Road to skip to Bowser's Castle (I couldn't beat one of the levels in World 3). I spent hundreds of lives trying to beat the level, so I was already frustrated, but then when I finally reached Bowser, I died. I reached him again, and then died. I thought it was impossible to kill him, as I couldn't even hit him. I tried to kill him every way I thought possible and it always did the same thing, nothing. So, I did what any 7/8 year old would do, beat the game and console that held it... physically. I sunk my teeth into my Silver DS Phat carving lines into its soft plastic and then slammed it shut breaking the right side of the hinge. It still works, in fact I used it for years until the 3DS came out, but I still use it for GBA games. Unrelated to rage quitting though, I later used a metal led pencil as a stylus because I couldn't find my stylus. I was playing Goomba Wrangler in Mario Party DS and carved a semi-circle into the glass part of the screen. In other words, my DS is worth $5 at most.

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

Jani-Koblaney

The only time I remember actually getting angry at a game was when I lost a game in Backyard Hockey. I was usually unbeatable in that game, so losing made me very angry. I was so mad I actually started crying (I was like 8 or 9). Other than that, I can't remember anything. I usually don't get mad when I play games.

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852 | Nintendo Network ID: NJanders

KingDunsparce

The only rage-quit in recent memory was when I was playing Mario Galaxy 2 on the Flip Switch Galaxy (Or whatever that one is called) and I kept accidentally switching. I had like 40 lives left (more or less) but I just got a bit frustrated and turned it off. Then, I turned it on later that week to try again. I had no lives left for some reason (reset to 3). I was pretty annoyed to say the least.

Edited on by KingDunsparce

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

GuSolarFlare

mariobro4 wrote:

Every RPG boss that uses cheap tactics....

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

SkywardLink98

I guess Monster Hunter 3 Tri. I couldn't beat the Gobul and after 5 or so tries I just gave up. I had other games on my backlog so it was awhile before I made my way back to MH3.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

DreamyViridi

Mario Party 2...
My friend's bro got a star from a hidden block on Turn 1. On Turn 2, it happened again! I said "F*** it, we're playing Double Dash now!" and we haven't played Mario Party 2 since... XD

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.