General Discussion Forum

Topic: Question of the Day II: #511: What 2014 release are you looking most forward too?

Showing 821 to 840 of 1,638

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

821. Posted:

@Mickey: I am very sorry about my Lex comment early I had no idea that you were doing that. It wont happen again and I apologize if I upsetted you.

So let's move on to today's question.

What do you think of HD remakes of games from older generations like Ducktales for example?

I really like them to be honest. As long as they are a remake and not so much a reboot. Just in case you were wondering what the difference is a reboot is where the start the series over examples would be Castlevania Lord of Shadows, Tomb Raider, DMC. A remake is where its the same game but they updated the graphics maybe add a level or two etc.

Games like Ducktales Remastered for example I enjoy. It has all the charm story wise of the game from the previous generation but its interesting to see how the game would look using today's graphics/music capabilities.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

822. Posted:

I like them too, I think they are great way to play games from a generation past. They also allow you to replay games how you remember them, instead of how they actually are. I feel like there wasn't was a difference between Sly 2 on PS2 on and the HD remake, I know there is, it simply looked how I remember which was better than it actually was, so they preserve memories as well.

I'm gonna try again.
Currently playing: Rune Factory 4, inFamous: Second Son, and Uncharted 2..

AuthorMessage

Big_Boy_Chubs

823. Posted:

meh......got okami in hd......looked cool, but cost me another 40$

tumblr's better...

-Kurt Cobain
X&Y safari: Fire; Charmeleon; Ninetales; Growlithe

3DS Friend Code: 4441-9172-6626 | Nintendo Network ID: BigBoyChubs

AuthorMessage

RR529

824. Posted:

I think they're really great. I personally haven't played any, but as they usually throw 2-3 games into these collections, for only $40 (whilst new games cost $60), that's a lot of gaming content for a little price.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

Mickey

825. Posted:

@Tasuki There's absolutely no need to apologize, it was an accident. You had no idea that I was trying to distance myself from Lex and I understand that. To clarify: I don't dislike the Lex Luthor thing I had going on. It was fun for awhile but, thing is, I got into a rather heated argument and immediately afterward I realized I didn't want to be known as that guy who gets into the arguments and generally ruins everything for everyone else. So I decided I'd be nicer... which I realized, after a couple of months, was impossible unless I distanced myself from the "Lex ball" and Lex Luthor image. Which is why I've been trying to distance myself from it.
Untitled

Back on-topic: Yes, I love HD remakes. It's always fun for me to revisit old games with better graphics.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

Whoomp! There it is! -God, when he created the universe.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter: TheMercuryMouse

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

826. Posted:

OK sorry for missing a day with the QotD but I had to be in work early today after doing a closing shift last night which meant I didnt get a whole lot of sleep. So this will count as tomorrows question as well as today's since I am doing it a bit late today.

Question# 466: What is the most important aspect of a video game to you. (example graphics, storyline, play control etc.)

For me its the storyline. Honestly I am not a big graphic person as long as the game has a great story I am a happy man.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

RR529

827. Posted:

Probably cliché, but I'll say gameplay. I do enjoy a good, lengthy story though.

As for graphics, as long as they're good enough to get the point across.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

Mickey

828. Posted:

Gameplay and play-control. I can overlook graphics and story, but if I'm bored while playing the game or the game is just impossible to play, I just can't play the game.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

Whoomp! There it is! -God, when he created the universe.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter: TheMercuryMouse

AuthorMessage

Dark-Luigi

829. Posted:

Gamplay, Story, Graphics.

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it myself!
My Bio. <- Created by True Hero!
The Luigiloggery <- Take a visit and leave a comment if you want.
"Don't expect mouth to mouth!" -Waluigi.
Super Mario awesomeness and here too. <- Glad to be a Mario fan.
Darkness is a thing I adore the most, it's in my blood.

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

AuthorMessage

Splat

830. Posted:

I really like games to have replay value.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

AuthorMessage

AddADashOfSalt

831. Posted:

Replay value, story and playability(essentially controls and how simple long it takes to pull something off. Like hitting the D pad to change equiptment in ACNL adds to playability.)

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

"I'd not open that if I were you. My mortis glyphs have proven to be surprisingly effective in the past."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter: KiDasharus

AuthorMessage

Sheikah_stone1

832. Posted:

I think the story is pretty important. But what would a good story be without fun and interisting characters?! Boring ofcourse! The conversation would be lame and what's the fun about saving the universe with a pokerface hero? :|

I know there are exceptions... Some games only need good gameplay like Monster Hunter or Mario kart (I don't mean that Mario kart has no fun characters... But you get what I mean)

What do you suppose this stone is?
I feel like it's trying to tell us something...

I think there's a fairy hiding inside it, too.
Maybe you can lure it out somehow!

-Navi the fairy

AuthorMessage

TheKingOfTown

833. Posted:

Whether it's fun or not

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

834. Posted:

Whether or not a video game has strobing, seizure inducing elephants in it can make or break the experience for me. Which is why I don't like video games. ;)

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

835. Posted:

well it may sound a little abstract but for me it is the fun I have with that game for how much time it can keep my attention, some games are fun for the first 5 minutes but get boring soon, games that are REALLY long and fun from start to AFTER the end are the best

looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

GamecubeMan

836. Posted:

Probably music and gameplay. :P

Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
I only see GC 4.0 happening if I become a English major. Yeah... not happening.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407

AuthorMessage

Squid

837. Posted:

I'm really not sure. I do appreciate good gameplay and story, but I don't think it is as necessary as I would like to think, because I can play games with generic gameplay or games with no to minimal story and still have a good time. Honestly, I think maybe it's music. The music to a game can really help set the mood of a game if it's done right, and I especially enjoy and appreciate it when it is. I mean, games like Xenoblade, Mega Man, Sonic, Mario Galaxy, Animal Crossing, etc. etc. etc... all have great soundtracks that really help with the mood and tone of the game. Not to mention, music is something about games that you can have and listen to and enjoy outside of actually playing the game, like having a CD of it or putting in iTunes... anything like that. And especially if a game has bad or annoying music, then I really just can't stand to listen to it, and I don't like to mute a game very much. Additionally, though it's not necessary, I do like when a game has some good writing to it (if the characters have lines) and humor if it fits. And I also like a good variety of interesting/likeable characters, they can really get me attached to a game.

A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
Long live the King of Pop!
Ze Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

AuthorMessage

Emaan

838. Posted:

While I hold all other aspects in high regard, I always find myself either drawn to or losing interest in a game based on the music. It's not the complete deciding factor though. I would say also whether the game is fun or not and has a good value in terms of content.

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

Captain_Toad

839. Posted:

Diversity and heh, gameplay execution.

Edited on by Captain_Toad

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack.....it's important.
Toadloggery and a Youtube Channel
Retro Clue!
Games are games ppl. Enjoy 'em.
Captain Toad 4 Smash!
I gave in to darkness to have this bio.
Net neutrality is dead. Pls use revive.
Bad day? listen to this.

3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

840. Posted:

I would really have to say the atmosphere. Games that have a great atmosphere really draw me into their world and create something special. Some of my favorite games are Donkey Kong Country 2 and Metroid Prime because of the engrossing and unique atmosphere they have.

I do love a game with a great soundtrack though.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes