Forums

Topic: Question of the Day II: #511: What 2014 release are you looking most forward too?

Posts 626 to 645 of 1,620

DreamyViridi

DLC that offers new experiences and meaningful content is fine by me. Small but free DLC is great too; it's rare but they're in some games. As for Day One DLC, if it's not free; it's just greedy. Granted, I've never purchased day one stuff, but even I know it's not good.

For the most part, it kinda depends on the game in question.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Jani-Koblaney

Day one dlc I don't like one bit. However, if it comes out a while later and is reasonably affordable, then I don't mind it.

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852 | Nintendo Network ID: NJanders

8BitSamurai

Depends on the kind of DLC, but overall I don't like it one bit. (Unless it's free, of course)

Disc-locked content - Horrible, terrible business practice, putting the content on the disc and making people pay for it.
Day-one DLC - Also horrible. Having customers that supported the game at full price day-one being "rewarded" by having to pay more money.
"Nickel and diming DLC" - Terrible as well. Being nickeled and dimed at every corner for stuff like character costumes and whatnot.
Extra content - As long as it's made after the game is out, and is good value on top of a good game, I don't mind it, but it's too often wasted effort that could be made on a whole new game.

Overall, I really do not like it. I think it's one of the worst thing to happen to gaming, and I don't hesitate to avoid games with bad DLC practices solely for that reason.

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

Snagrio

For the most part, I see it as a money-grabbing blight upon in industry. But there are a few examples, and Nintendo has been doing well with this so far, where it can lengthen the longevity of a game by adding onto a finished product, which is certainly a good thing.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

CanisWolfred

They're fine, so long as they don't do anything stupid, like restricting the true ending to DLC...that's really where I draw the line. Otherwise, if I think it's worth it, I'll pay for it. If I don't, I won't.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

RR529

As long as I can play through the game from beginning to end without it, I don't mind it, even if it's day one.

Just because it's day one doesn't mean it could be fit on the disc. You always hear stories about old games, and how content had to be cut prior to release due to time or space limits (day one DLC allows them to put in that extra, non essential content, that they would have had to cut completely if it weren't an option).

Of course, I'm sure there are companies that exploit the practice, but I'm a glass half full kind of guy.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Tasuki

Question #457: Where do you usually buy your games at?

Yeah kinda a lame question but I really couldn't think of anything else right now.

I usually get mine from Amazon.com when they have them on sale. I also bought a few from Target and a used stored like Gamestop that I have near me.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Knux

Amazon, Gamestop, or Walmart.

Knux

SubBronze

Amazon most of the time. Ebay also, and I check in CeX whenever I'm in town. I used I have a GAME near me, but it closed down.

Edited on by SubBronze

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

DreamyViridi

I often find myself buying at GAME. Been doing so for years.
For some reason, I don't trust my luck with Amazon and buying new games.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Sleepingmudkip

gamestop or bestbuy

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

TheKingOfTown

Amazon and GameStop mostly. Occasionally places like Target and Walmart

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

RR529

GameStop when possible (I'm a member of their Power Up Rewards Program), but I've picked up my fair share of titles from Wal-Mart & K-Mart as well.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Ryno

Retro - eBay
Modern- Amazon, Target, Fred Meyer, Wal Mart. Who ever has a sale.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

KingDunsparce

Half.com for used games. GameStop for brand new ones.

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

AlexSays

CanisWolfred wrote:

Amazon, Gamestop, or a small company in New York that I shall not name.

lol is it a secret place? Does it double as an adult toy store?

If so we won't judge

AlexSays

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.