General Discussion Forum

Topic: Question of the Day II: #511: What 2014 release are you looking most forward too?

Showing 621 to 640 of 1,638

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

621. Posted:

I had a few nightmares that were random.

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
Nintendo Friends website/forums I eShop Gurus I Random Game Thread I The graveyard (backloggery)
Currently owns a Mario & Luigi Dream Team 3DS XL and a Wii U Deluxe.

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

RR529

622. Posted:

Too many to list (or accurately remember).

Currently Playing:

Quiz RPG: Legend of Mystic Wiz (AND)
Popcork! (AND)
B.B. Bear Danmaku (AND)

AuthorMessage

Yellowgerbil

623. Posted:

I had one where I was being chased by a vampire thing and I had that feeling in a dream where I was running very slowly and out of breath within seconds, there was a tower in the mist and I locked myself inside it. Strangely there was a friendly werewolf in it and lead me out, but the vampire was there but was friendly now and gave me a chocolate biscuit and a donut. Yeah I have pretty weird nightmares.

I am an avid monster hunter player that started quite recently on Ultimate, (Blue Rath Armor currently) the gameplay just keeps me coming back for more!
Currently playing;
Super Mario 3D World
Wind Waker HD
Pokemon X
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0142-5860 | Nintendo Network ID: Paddingt0n

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

624. Posted:

Last night; I had a random dream. I was walking downstairs and in the dining room, a zombie was chewing on my older brother. I run to the back garden shed; and grab a 'Mario & Luigi' style Hammer. Swinging at the zombie, everyone (including my bro) is oddly very calm and for some reason, my parents were questioning my actions. I curl up in a corner... and then I wake up.

Makes no sense, what does it mean?!

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature (or Light for the holidays).
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

Bulbousaur

625. Posted:

I once had a dream that I was a Roman Emperor and after watching a battle at the Colosseum, I went to my room but a tiger started chasing me and killed me in the emperor's bedroom just as I was closing the door to keep it from coming in. Then my perspective changed to one of the emperor's servants and a time traveller came and we went in some crazy Matrix-like world. Then another servant came with the emperor's dead body in wheelbarrow, but no one cared. Then I woke up.

Crazy.

Edited on by Bulbousaur

Bulbousaur

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

626. Posted:

Not one that I can remember. I'm not a dream reader, but I can guess where most of my dreams came from if I think hard enough.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

627. Posted:

Ok so this question came about a conversation that my friend and I were having and I thought it would make an interesting question, so here we go

Question #456: What do you think of DLC on video games?

Me, I dont know I guess I am old school but I see DLC as a cop out for game companies to release unfinished games. I mean I see the point in DLC to add longevity to a game but I feel that we shouldn't be charged for it. If I pay $60 I should get a full game. It be like a movie studio releasing half a movie on DVD and than saying want to see more ok pay another $20. Thats one reason I usually wait for Game of the Year Editions to come out and buy games then.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Bulbousaur

628. Posted:

Day One DLC is one of the worst things to come out of this generation, it's just greedy and wrong. I do like things like expansions such as the new Rapture DLC for BioShock Infinite and the Citadel DLC for Mass Effect 3. Additional characters for fighting games, as long as development for the DLC was early in development or hadn't started yet when the original game was released.

However, I do prefer to pay for brand new experiences than more content for games I've already spend time with. GOTY editions are great.

Edited on by Bulbousaur

Bulbousaur

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

AuthorMessage

Dark-Luigi

629. Posted:

Some of it is good, because you can get move content, like level's, costume's, etc.

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it myself!
My Bio. <- Created by True Hero!
The Luigiloggery <- Take a visit and leave a comment if you want.
"Don't expect mouth to mouth!" -Waluigi.
Super Mario awesomeness and here too. <- Glad to be a Mario fan.
Darkness is a thing I adore the most, it's in my blood.

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

630. Posted:

I'm not a big fan of alternative colors DLC, but I like it overall. It can be a good way to give a game additional content after it's initial release.

Currently playing: Super Smash Bros: Wii U and Mount & Blade: Warband: Viking Conquest.

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

631. Posted:

DLC that included a bundle of maps or items is alright, individual DLC like one costume that's like 5 bucks I don't like, and day one DLC...couldn't put that in the game?

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
Nintendo Friends website/forums I eShop Gurus I Random Game Thread I The graveyard (backloggery)
Currently owns a Mario & Luigi Dream Team 3DS XL and a Wii U Deluxe.

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

Midnight3DS

632. Posted:

Case by case basis, depending on the game and content.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

633. Posted:

DLC that offers new experiences and meaningful content is fine by me. Small but free DLC is great too; it's rare but they're in some games. As for Day One DLC, if it's not free; it's just greedy. Granted, I've never purchased day one stuff, but even I know it's not good.

For the most part, it kinda depends on the game in question.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature (or Light for the holidays).
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

WildMan

634. Posted:

Day one dlc I don't like one bit. However, if it comes out a while later and is reasonably affordable, then I don't mind it.

Mmm Chicken

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852

AuthorMessage

8BitSamurai

635. Posted:

Depends on the kind of DLC, but overall I don't like it one bit. (Unless it's free, of course)

Disc-locked content - Horrible, terrible business practice, putting the content on the disc and making people pay for it.
Day-one DLC - Also horrible. Having customers that supported the game at full price day-one being "rewarded" by having to pay more money.
"Nickel and diming DLC" - Terrible as well. Being nickeled and dimed at every corner for stuff like character costumes and whatnot.
Extra content - As long as it's made after the game is out, and is good value on top of a good game, I don't mind it, but it's too often wasted effort that could be made on a whole new game.

Overall, I really do not like it. I think it's one of the worst thing to happen to gaming, and I don't hesitate to avoid games with bad DLC practices solely for that reason.

Currently retired indefinitely
Official "rare download" Assistant
Best YT show here!
Beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai | Twitter: PrinnySamurai

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

636. Posted:

For the most part, I see it as a money-grabbing blight upon in industry. But there are a few examples, and Nintendo has been doing well with this so far, where it can lengthen the longevity of a game by adding onto a finished product, which is certainly a good thing.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

637. Posted:

They're fine, so long as they don't do anything stupid, like restricting the true ending to DLC...that's really where I draw the line. Otherwise, if I think it's worth it, I'll pay for it. If I don't, I won't.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

RR529

638. Posted:

As long as I can play through the game from beginning to end without it, I don't mind it, even if it's day one.

Just because it's day one doesn't mean it could be fit on the disc. You always hear stories about old games, and how content had to be cut prior to release due to time or space limits (day one DLC allows them to put in that extra, non essential content, that they would have had to cut completely if it weren't an option).

Of course, I'm sure there are companies that exploit the practice, but I'm a glass half full kind of guy.

Currently Playing:

Quiz RPG: Legend of Mystic Wiz (AND)
Popcork! (AND)
B.B. Bear Danmaku (AND)

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

639. Posted:

Question #457: Where do you usually buy your games at?

Yeah kinda a lame question but I really couldn't think of anything else right now.

I usually get mine from Amazon.com when they have them on sale. I also bought a few from Target and a used stored like Gamestop that I have near me.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Dark-Luigi

640. Posted:

Amazon, Gamestop, and other local stores that have games in them. B-)

Edited on by Dark-Luigi

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it myself!
My Bio. <- Created by True Hero!
The Luigiloggery <- Take a visit and leave a comment if you want.
"Don't expect mouth to mouth!" -Waluigi.
Super Mario awesomeness and here too. <- Glad to be a Mario fan.
Darkness is a thing I adore the most, it's in my blood.

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder