Forums

Topic: Question of the Day II: #511: What 2014 release are you looking most forward too?

Posts 341 to 360 of 1,620

FireMario887

I have already watched Escape From Planet Earth and Jack The Giant Slayer, and Pacific Rim is possible even though it got bad reviews. Escape From Planet Earth was ok, but the pacing was kinda awkward and it was just weird. Jack The Giant Slayer was one of the best movies I have ever seen! The story was quite interesting, it has great actors, and good pacing. Pacific Rim does look pretty awesome, but I have some doubt about the story due to what I've been hearing.

FireMario887

KingDunsparce

Eh, I probably won't go to the movies this summer.
The only reason I would see Pacific Rim would be for GLaDOS
Edit: Oh, maybe Man of Steel...

Edited on by KingDunsparce

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

Happy_Mask

I've already seen Star Trek: Into Darkness, and Man of Steel, both of which I thought to be grand. Prolly because I'm not an intense fan of either, so I don't really care about their value of nostalgia (even though I have seen every star trek movie and live action superman movie).

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

FireMario887

I watched Man of Steel this recent springtime, but I'll say this: It was pretty awesome, but the pacing was also kinda weird.

FireMario887

World

Saw Man of Steel (way better than expected-and also makes me want to see a Krypton opera now). Also Before Midnight (about as good as expected-meaning, one of the best movies in years).

Now I want to see the Way, Way Back.

Edited on by World

World

Snagrio

Already seen Man of Steel. I liked it okay, but the pacing was all over the place.

Would like to watch Pacific Rim, if for nothing but to enjoy classic giant monsters vs giant mechs death matches.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Jaz007

It's been a great Summer for movie, there are so many of them. I've seen Iron Man 3, World War Z, Man of Steel, White House Down, Monsters University, and Star Trek: Into Darkness. I'm also going to see Pacific Rim today. I'm hoping to see The Lone Ranger and The Wolverine and there is a chance I might see Despicable Me 2.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

-Juice-

I really want to see Pacific Rim. Also, remember, movie reviews aren't to be trusted.

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

shingi_70

So far I've seen
Star Trek
iron Man 3
Man of Steel
World War Z

going to see Pacific RIm this weekend.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

e-love

I saw Monsters University, and that's all that matters <3

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

maxcriden

Let's see, I've seen a bunch of movies this summer. I'll start from April I guess because that's when the drive-in opened. So we've seen:

JP 3D - loved it
Oblivion - great
Identity Thief - hilarious
Iron Man 3 - great
Star Trek - terrible and disappointing
Before Midnight - extremely disappointing and just wrong
Man of Steel - terrible and a complete misunderstanding of the character
Monsters U - cute and good but not as memorable as the original
WWZ - just okay at best, very generic feeling
The Heat - amazingly funny
Despicable Me 2 - disappointing, felt too long, and not as good as the original

Feel free to add me!

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8679-1614 | Nintendo Network ID: jenmax326

RevolverLink

I've only seen Star Trek: Into Darkness so far, and The World's End and Pacific Rim are the only other summer movies I can think of atm that I actually want to see.

WWZ was on my radar, since I love the novel, but everything I've read and heard about the movie has made it sound like a lot of the things that made the book special (the wide variety of viewpoints, the intimacy of the individual stories, the genuinely horrifying scenes of violence) were either removed or softened for the adaptation.

Edited on by RevolverLink

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

Midnight3DS

Same as always. DVDs and BluRays on the projector. The last movie I saw at a theater was Insidious, and before that it's all a blur.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

RR529

We've seen Jurassic Park 3D & Iron Man 3 (both in 3D, of course).

We usually only see 2 or 3 movies during the summer, so that could be it, but I'm hoping we can get in either Man of Steel, Pacific Rim, The Wolverine, or RED 2 before the summer's out (even if it's in the discount theater).

I'm interested in the cartoons, but those can always wait until DVD.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

DreamyViridi

Thinking about seeing Despicable Me 2 and Monster University. I'm not one for cinemas as much as I used to be but they look nice.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

FriedSquid

I've already seen Iron Man 3, Monsters University, Despicable Me 2, and Pacific Rim... all of which I recommend to anyone interested in those. I might see R.I.P.D., but other than that the only plans are so that my dad can see Iron Man 3 (which is surely not in theaters anymore ) and Despicable Me 2.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Kyloctopus

Sometime soon, I'll watch Pacific Rim. Other than that, I have nothing to look forward too.

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

SubBronze

I'm hopefully seeing Pacific Rim quite soon, and I want to see Despicable Me 2 after I see the first. For some reason I always assumed Despicable Me as just an average kids movie, but after I went to see Man of Steel and seeing a trailer for 2, it actually looks really good. I'm also going to see The Wolverine soon with some friends. Apart from that I haven't been keeping up with movies that much.

Even though I written a big paragraph on it...

Edited on by SubBronze

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.