General Discussion Forum

Topic: Question of the Day II: #511: What 2014 release are you looking most forward too?

Showing 161 to 180 of 1,638

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

161. Posted:

Fire Emblem, and strategy games in general, didn't interest me until I played Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones through the 3DS Ambassador Program. Now I'm a huge fan of the series thanks to it.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

162. Posted:

Zelda OOT

MArio Sunshine

Sonic Adebture 2 Battle

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

I-U

163. Posted:

Metroid Prime Hunters
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Animal Crossing Wild World
Dementium II - played Dementium first, but gained interest in the original through learning about its sequel

I'm trying not to include the first games of a series.

Favorite Game: Metroid Prime Hunters

AuthorMessage

Karakato

164. Posted:

Mega Man and Bass - I've played other Mega man games before that but the 100 CD's got me hooked on the "lore"
Resident Evil 4 - First game I've played in the series and left me wanting more from other games. Too bad none have matched RE4's quality.
Castlevania Order of Ecclesia - Love me some Metroidvanias and this may be one of my favorites. I even find it better than SotN.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

165. Posted:

Pokemon Sapphire

Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap

Sonic Advance

Harvest Moon: A New Beginning

Fire Emblem: Awakening

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time

Mario Kart DS

Lunar Knights

Super Smash Bros Melee

Megaman Zero 4

Megaman Battle Network 4

Megaman Star Force 2: Zerker X Saurian

Kid Icarus: Uprising

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

Emaan

166. Posted:

~high-five~ @Groose

Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 was my first Mario game and first video game I owned! :0

Also, I had forgot Kingdom Hearts led to my interest in Final Fantasy.

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

Captain_Balko

167. Posted:

CapnPancakes wrote:

Fire Emblem, and strategy games in general, didn't interest me until I played Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones through the 3DS Ambassador Program. Now I'm a huge fan of the series thanks to it.

Same goes for me. FE:SS brought me into the wonderful world of Fire Emblem, haven't looked back since.

Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime is, strangely enough, the game that got me hooked on Dragon Quest. It's just such a charming and fun game. I had DQM: Cobi's Journey when I was a kid, but never got far because I was just that - a kid. I went back to my GBC and played it again after recieving DQH:RS for Christmas and beating it. I loved it, and I proceeded to buy DQM: Joker, which I also enjoyed. This was followed by DQ9, which turned me into a massive DQ fanboy. Since then, I've bought game after game after game. Such a great series, and to think I only got into it because of a random spin-off series that isn't even an RPG.

Also, after playing Kid Icarus: Uprising, I checked out the other Kid Icarus games, and managed to beat them both (although it took a long time because they were very hard). So there's that. Another notable example is Metroid Fusion. I really liked it on my 3DS, so I decided to buy Prime 3. I couldn't believe what I was missing! I managed to nab a lightly used MP Trilogy, and am still playing through Prime and Prime 2 (almost done Prime, still working on it).

Captain_Balko

AuthorMessage

Captain_Toad

168. Posted:

Super mario land or mario on the nes (heh you couldn't get better controls in a platformer in a gameboy or a nes.)
Kirby Dream Course. ()
Metroid (Too scary and too hard when I was young. Still is.)
Goldeneye 007 Wii ()
Zelda Ocarina of Time (OMG! That is all)
@Tasuki Thanks

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack.....it's important.
Toadloggery and a Youtube Channel
Retro Clue!
Games are games ppl. Enjoy 'em.
Remember N64 Turoks? Want it on VC?
I gave in to darkness to have this bio.
Net neutrality is dead. Pls use revive.
Bad day? listen to this.

3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

169. Posted:

Let's see...

Super Mario Land 2 & Super Mario Bros. Deluxe - Mario Series
Mario Kart: Double Dash - Mario Kart Series
Kid Icarus: Uprising - Kid Icarus Series
Kirby's Adventure - Kirby Series
Sonic 3 & Sonic Advance - Sonic Series
Fire Emblem: Awakening (and a bit of Scared Stones) - Fire Emblem Series
Super Smash Bros. Melee - Smash Bros. Series
Zelda: Wind Waker - Zelda Series
Metroid Fusion & Zero Mission - Metroid Series
Advance Wars: Dual Strike - Advance Wars Series
Pokémon Gold then Pokémon Black - Pokémon Series
Donkey Kong Country Returns - Donkey Kong Country Series
Mega Man 9 - Mega Man Series

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel
Lucina confirmed for Smash Bros.!

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

World

170. Posted:

Can I say that Super Smash Bros. got me interested in the Game & Watch series? Who knew they'd be fun, and sometimes as funny as the character itself!

Mostly though, I just buy random games. Whatever catches my eye.

Dress to Play: Magic Bubbles! made me consider Cute Witches...but I don't think I will because it's not as much like Cotton 100% as I thought.

World

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

171. Posted:

Ok well another day another question. Thanks again to @mariobro4 for providing the question yesterday.

Question 438: Are you disappointed in the Wii U?

Ok pretty straight forward question there. If you dont own a Wii U well you can tell us why you dont own one yet or maybe its the disappointment of the system that is keeping you from getting one.

For me I have to say yeah I kinda am. I have stuck with Nintendo since the days of the NES but honestly I dont know what the heck they are doing with the Wii U. Its almost seems to me that they just put the Wii U out cause people expected them too. Dont get me wrong some of the game that are out now are great, and the VC is coming along nicely. I just think that I should have waited a bit longer to get one when the games that I really want to play come out. Oh well. I am sure Nintendo will turn things around for the Wii U.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Dark-Luigi

172. Posted:

Not exactly. I really want one as a matter a fact. It looks like it has a ton of fun games and things to do!

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it myself!
My Bio. <- Created by True Hero!
The Luigiloggery <- Take a visit and leave a comment if you want.
"Don't expect mouth to mouth!" -Waluigi.
Super Mario awesomeness and here too. <- Glad to be a Mario fan.
Darkness is a thing I adore the most, it's in my blood.

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

AuthorMessage

Splat

173. Posted:

I don't own one because the lack of games that interest me and the gamepad style controller does nothing for me whatsoever.

Edited on by Splat

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

174. Posted:

No. And unless we go through a large drought of games, I will not be disappointed by it in the future.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

175. Posted:

@Tasuki Be prepared to face the flame storm that's going to arise from this question.

I, for one, am not. Sure, there's a little lack of games, but hey, I get to catch up on Wii titles in a slightly upscaled fashion. :)

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

176. Posted:

I don't have a wii u so I wouldn't know if I would be disappointed with the console, but what I have heard from the games, I am disappointed in the games, while some games are good, some developers make bad ports and some are too lazy to make a game come to the wii u, along with no DLC, for example I heard black ops 2 for the wii u didn't get any dlc when it can, I know it takes money and what ever but the more you put on the console the more it will sell.

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
Nintendo Friends website/forums I eShop Gurus I Droid Gurus I Public Chat I Random Game Thread I The graveyard (backloggery)

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

Captain_Toad

177. Posted:

I have bought one yet.......because the christmas money was spent on Wii repairs. (Looking back that wasn't much of a good move.) I'm still optomistic for the WiiU from the features alone. Christmas is one tough wait for me.

Edited on by Captain_Toad

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack.....it's important.
Toadloggery and a Youtube Channel
Retro Clue!
Games are games ppl. Enjoy 'em.
Remember N64 Turoks? Want it on VC?
I gave in to darkness to have this bio.
Net neutrality is dead. Pls use revive.
Bad day? listen to this.

3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

178. Posted:

I'm more disappointed in how the Wii U's being handled than the Wii U itself. There's potential to be had here, at least enough to do decently, but the way Nintendo's going with it, it might very well bomb...

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

pntjr

179. Posted:

I bought one.............. I had trouble getting games though because of the selection of titles that are available (nothing). I am dissapointed that it is not selling, but what did you expect? Nobody knows what a Wii U is, and the people that do know think it's just a peripheral. And Nintendo is living in 2006, because they are still struggling with HD games. Gah. I may end up selling it for a PS4 if this bad luck pattern of Nintendo keeps happening.

3DS: 4596-9579-9606
The BackLoggery of Zelda!
Wii: 5236-6857-3124-9818
PSN: pntjr

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9579-9606 | Nintendo Network ID: pntjrx | Twitter: pntjrx

AuthorMessage

Varia01

180. Posted:

The gamepad idea and HD is certainly amazing, but there isn't enough interesting games right now. Miiverse is a fantastic social network and I love to post there. The video apps are a little annoying on the Wii U. The launch wasn't all that great, but still ok and the gamepad features is great, but the Wii U still needs a boost.

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 3, Zelda Twilight Princess, & Metroid Other M
Hyped for: Sonic Lost World, Super Smash Bros 3DS, & Dream Team

Even though I have beaten many of the games I'm still playing, I play them not to win, but to have fun.