Forums

Topic: Question of the Day II: #511: What 2014 release are you looking most forward too?

Posts 1,401 to 1,420 of 1,620

The_Fox

RR529 wrote:

Not at all. Also, as @bezerker 99 said, the government has shut down multiple times in the past without any major implications whatsoever, so I'm sure we'll be fine this time too.

No major implications? I guess that's pretty easy to say when it's not your job that's been affected.

Edited on by The_Fox

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

MERG

The_Fox wrote:

RR529 wrote:

Not at all. Also, as @bezerker 99 said, the government has shut down multiple times in the past without any major implications whatsoever, so I'm sure we'll be fine this time too.

No major implications? I guess that's pretty easy to say when it's not your job that's been affected.

I'm with The Fox on this one. While with the last shutdown employee did receive their back pay, there is no guarantee. My wife has been cut to 80% time and my brother-in-law is sitting at home...with a mortgage, car payment and a little girl.

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

CanisWolfred

WildTwinVikings wrote:

Not directly, but I'm sure it indirectly affects me in some way.
Edit: To all those claiming that politics is worse now than it has been, no it's not. Politics has always been, always will be, dirty. For evidence, go look at the presidential campaign between Andrew Jackson and John Quincy Adams.

What a coincidence, I was seriously just thinking about that not too long ago.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

SkywardLink98

Not personally. I feel bad for anyone who this has a negative impact on though.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

AlGator

Yes, as my wife is now sitting at home not getting paid. That's on top of the several unpaid days she had to take earlier this year because of the "sequestration." But the bills don't stop or get delayed.

http://alsphotographyblog.blogspot.com
Video-gaming since the 1970s

RR529

MERG wrote:

The_Fox wrote:

RR529 wrote:

I'm with The Fox on this one. While with the last shutdown employee did receive their back pay, there is no guarantee. My wife has been cut to 80% time and my brother-in-law is sitting at home...with a mortgage, car payment and a little girl.

Well, I do sympathize for the families of the government employees affected by it, but I was referring to the effects this would have on the state & stability of the nation as a whole (which I believe to be minor, given the numerous past shutdowns, which never resulted in a notable detriment to the country) with my initial comment.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Klimbatize

It's made me think even less of the Tea Party...which is saying something.

Awful thing to happen just when the U.S. economy is starting to make a turnaround. And the people who are going to suffer from it the most are the poor (as usual) with the loss of many public services.

All congress members continue to be paid during this by the way, but many other government workers do not. Yay, fairness.

Edited on by Klimbatize

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

Tasuki

Void wrote:

Well, I'm considering moving to Canada when I grow up.

Its really not that easy to move to Canada unless you have alot of money.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

GuSolarFlare

I don't live in the US... so I think it's not affecting me, maybe, I'm not sure...

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

CanisWolfred

Tasuki wrote:

Void wrote:

Well, I'm considering moving to Canada when I grow up.

Its really not that easy to move to Canada unless you have alot of money.

I'll probably still move to Canada even if I need to live in a box in the Tundra.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

ogo79

has the government shutdown affected me in any way?
no it hasnt, but by 2050 the working world will be just robots, and crime will be the worst ever.
its gonna look like streets of rage out here.
glad i took training with the streets of rage series, because we will all have to walk down endless streets beating up random people to come to a conclusion to all this mess.
seriously by 2050 america will become a real live streets of rage.
R U TUFF E-NUFF?
puts on both pairs of brass knuckles

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Tsuchinoko

That was not necessary at all. — TBD

And just wanted to add on to the whole moving to Canada thing. As someone who immigrated to Japan (though the rule applies to any country; the UK, Canada, the States, France), I know that what it takes is some savings, and a job that gets you a proper working visa, AKA a "reason" to be in the country. Once you get your foot in the door, its much easier to start the actual life as an immigrant process, which of course takes years, eventually leading up to citizenship.

Another way, if you're in that position, is going to school there. Gives you time to experience things, make friends/personal connections, and see if you actually want to be there long term.

Edited on by theblackdragon

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Retrowire

I'm still unemployed and looking for work. I'm a newlywed, and so this goal of trying to get on our feet and move into our first home, is just slipping further and further away because of all this bad news.

Because of this shutdown, I can't consolidate my student loans or change my payment plan, so until they figure this out, I'll just accrue more interest. Yay! Debt for eternity!

Retro Gaming Enthusiast. Nintendo Fan. Amateur Video Game Historian. Electronics Hobbyist.

Tsuchinoko

I've been interested in this. I mean, I'm not living in the States, but this had made international news. Of course most of it doesn't put the States in the most positive of lights.

If anyone's interested here's some information about the previous government shutdown.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_federal_government...

Lasted for a total of 28 days, split up over two smaller periods.

It can't last too long. It costs the US government too much money. It does seem like people are being quite stubborn aren't they. And for those that think that moving to a new country will alleviate them of all problems, it won't. All countries have problems with their government, in some form or another. Some just have it much worse than others.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Arianabtd

My dad works for the government so he is on furlough.
We have no money coming in right now so i'd say its affecting my family right now.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter:

Tricoloryoshi

Nope, because Canada.

Three#1658
Kid Icarus Uprising Multiplayer Discord: https://discord.gg/aaewMv2
https://backloggery.com/Tricoloryoshi
NNID: Tricoloryoshi
3DS: 1332-8860-5661

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8860-5661 | Nintendo Network ID: Tricoloryoshi

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.