General Discussion Forum

Topic: Question of the Day II: #511: What 2014 release are you looking most forward too?

Showing 1,401 to 1,420 of 1,638

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

1,401. Posted:

Don't even get me started on the stupidity of our government right now. But to answer the question, my dad gets to stay home from work now. Unfortunately that also means he's not getting payed either :|

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,402. Posted:

...It's made me realize I should probably look up real world news every once in a while...that's....something....

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,403. Posted:

Not really no. I don't pay any attention to our government's sheer idiocy, it's just not worth my time.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

1,404. Posted:

Instead of working two part time jobs, I'm now working one. And with car payments and a mortgage to worry about that's not something I can support for long. :(

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

1,405. Posted:

No. The US government shutting doesn't affect me in any way. BTW, this is the 17th time the gov't has shut down in it's history.

Edited on by bezerker99

"And [Sting!!!], I'm not coming to show YOU or anyone else who the better wrestler is. I'm coming...to hurt you...for real...for a long, looong time. WOOOOO!!!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
AC:NL Dream Address: 4400-2611-9546
My Bird Mania Christmas 3D review

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2506-5820 | Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99 | Twitter: bezerker99

AuthorMessage

Moorpheel

1,406. Posted:

What goverment? Oh wait you mean the one from the united states.

No, not at all.

Moo

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

RR529

1,407. Posted:

Not at all. Also, as @bezerker 99 said, the government has shut down multiple times in the past without any major implications whatsoever, so I'm sure we'll be fine this time too.

Currently Playing:

Red Dead Redemption (360)

Smashatar of the week: Charizard firing it up!

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

1,408. Posted:

Considering how I didn't even know this happened 'til now..., no.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

Marks

1,409. Posted:

Yes, I am very worried and upset. There's people and families who won't be paid. I just hope the shutdown won't go on too long.
Edit: /whispers: Should be "affected you" not "effected you" I believe

Edited on by Marks

Say what now?
If you can do no good, at least do no harm. -Kurt Vonnegut
My Freerice

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1418-8196

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,410. Posted:

Not at all.

What Would Duane Do?
“I’m just about that action, boss"
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Samurai_Goroh

1,411. Posted:

Nope, I'm not a United States citizen. Worse than the shutdown is the debt default planned for 17th October, if the Congress fails to pass a bill extending the sovereign debt ceiling. That would have devastating consequences on the world economy, it would be just like 1929 all over again. And coming from one of the EU countries already facing debt problems and a severe recession, I say we don't need any more of those. And it would be just utter irresponsible because we all know the current lockdown boils down to Medicare.. and the insurance companies lobbying. We all knew the lobbies wouldn't go down without a fight.

Edited on by Samurai_Goroh

Samurai_Goroh

AuthorMessage

Squid

1,412. Posted:

Hasn't affected me, and I'm sure it won't. I guess the only way it's gonna affect me is just how much every single person I run into will be using it as another excuse to get mad at Obama.

[16:52] Sonomin: They lick balls now?
You don't win by being lucky. You win by being bold.
Can I ask you kind of a weird question?
The Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

1,413. Posted:

Obamacare itself is going to affect me far more than a room full of elected officials not showing up to work and the media circus surrounding them. i am not looking forward to next year.

that said, here's hoping everyone in Washington can get their heads outta their butts soon so we can keep the world economy limping along at least.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Sonomin

1,414. Posted:

Not directly, but I'm sure it indirectly affects me in some way.
Edit: To all those claiming that politics is worse now than it has been, no it's not. Politics has always been, always will be, dirty. For evidence, go look at the presidential campaign between Andrew Jackson and John Quincy Adams.

Edited on by Sonomin

Mmm Chicken

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

1,415. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

Not at all. Also, as @bezerker 99 said, the government has shut down multiple times in the past without any major implications whatsoever, so I'm sure we'll be fine this time too.

No major implications? I guess that's pretty easy to say when it's not your job that's been affected.

Edited on by The_Fox

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage

MERG

1,416. Posted:

The_Fox wrote:

RR529 wrote:

No major implications? I guess that's pretty easy to say when it's not your job that's been affected.

I'm with The Fox on this one. While with the last shutdown employee did receive their back pay, there is no guarantee. My wife has been cut to 80% time and my brother-in-law is sitting at home...with a mortgage, car payment and a little girl.

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,417. Posted:

WildTwinVikings wrote:

Not directly, but I'm sure it indirectly affects me in some way.
Edit: To all those claiming that politics is worse now than it has been, no it's not. Politics has always been, always will be, dirty. For evidence, go look at the presidential campaign between Andrew Jackson and John Quincy Adams.

What a coincidence, I was seriously just thinking about that not too long ago.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

8BitSamurai

1,418. Posted:

I'm sure it's indirectly effected me somehow, but directly, no.

Best YT show here!
Sony '06 - Still the best E3 ever.
Currently playing: Phantasy Star II, Valkyria Chron., Persona 2: IS
Recently beat: Metro: LL, Ys: MoC, Sly 4
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

AuthorMessage

SkywardLink98

1,419. Posted:

Not personally. I feel bad for anyone who this has a negative impact on though.

*Opinions, views, and/or biases are all subject to change on a regular basis.
Sorry everyone, but GLaDOS has been delayed.
Bergmite, Piloswine and Snover safari.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

AuthorMessage

AlGator

1,420. Posted:

Yes, as my wife is now sitting at home not getting paid. That's on top of the several unpaid days she had to take earlier this year because of the "sequestration." But the bills don't stop or get delayed.

http://alsphotographyblog.blogspot.com
Video-gaming since the 1970s