Forums

Topic: Question of the Day II: #511: What 2014 release are you looking most forward too?

Posts 1,381 to 1,400 of 1,620

GuSolarFlare

I think it might have been timely, then again other well selling systems had a real long time support( PS2 I'm looking at you) and some people(like me) didn't even notice....

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Electricmastro

It ran a good course of seven years.

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

CrazyOtto

It died when WiiConnect24 shut down, Nintendo needs to put it to rest and focus on the Wii U.

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

Samurai_Goroh

I'd say if a console stills manages to sell decent numbers like Wii still does, Nintendo should keep it a while longer. But maybe this is only the family edition model or they have plenty of stock already. Sony does it, look at the PS2, it was manufactured for 11 years! I'm not saying the Wii could last 11 years, but surely another year of production would be reasonable.
Wii Mini has a new bundle in Europe with Mario Kart and they could probably stills sell a million Wii consoles worldwide or so this holiday season.
I feel like we're witnessing the end of an era. It was the little white box that drawn me back to consoles and Nintendo. And looking at the big picture, it's undeniable, Wii changed videogames forever. Very few consoles can achieve that.

Edited on by Samurai_Goroh

Samurai_Goroh

Tasuki

Ok so I have been thinking and I think that question 500 will be the final question. At this point I dont see this thread as being too active so I still am not sure what I will be doing. But let me just say that I have been having fun reading all of your questions and I hope you have been enjoying the questions that I ask even though it does take me a few days to come up with one. I still have a few more questions to figure out what I will be doing with this thread so until then.......

Question #494: Has the government shutdown effected you in any way?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

ThePirateCaptain

Don't even get me started on the stupidity of our government right now. But to answer the question, my dad gets to stay home from work now. Unfortunately that also means he's not getting payed either

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Snagrio

Not really no. I don't pay any attention to our government's sheer idiocy, it's just not worth my time.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

The_Fox

Instead of working two part time jobs, I'm now working one. And with car payments and a mortgage to worry about that's not something I can support for long.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

RR529

Not at all. Also, as @bezerker 99 said, the government has shut down multiple times in the past without any major implications whatsoever, so I'm sure we'll be fine this time too.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

DreamyViridi

Considering how I didn't even know this happened 'til now..., no.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Marks

Yes, I am very worried and upset. There's people and families who won't be paid. I just hope the shutdown won't go on too long.
Edit: /whispers: Should be "affected you" not "effected you" I believe

Edited on by Marks

Say what now?
If you can do no good, at least do no harm. -Kurt Vonnegut
I'm not really active here anymore. So it goes.

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1418-8196

Ryno

Not at all.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Samurai_Goroh

Nope, I'm not a United States citizen. Worse than the shutdown is the debt default planned for 17th October, if the Congress fails to pass a bill extending the sovereign debt ceiling. That would have devastating consequences on the world economy, it would be just like 1929 all over again. And coming from one of the EU countries already facing debt problems and a severe recession, I say we don't need any more of those. And it would be just utter irresponsible because we all know the current lockdown boils down to Medicare.. and the insurance companies lobbying. We all knew the lobbies wouldn't go down without a fight.

Edited on by Samurai_Goroh

Samurai_Goroh

FriedSquid

Hasn't affected me, and I'm sure it won't. I guess the only way it's gonna affect me is just how much every single person I run into will be using it as another excuse to get mad at Obama.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

theblackdragon

Obamacare itself is going to affect me far more than a room full of elected officials not showing up to work and the media circus surrounding them. i am not looking forward to next year.

that said, here's hoping everyone in Washington can get their heads outta their butts soon so we can keep the world economy limping along at least.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Jani-Koblaney

Not directly, but I'm sure it indirectly affects me in some way.
Edit: To all those claiming that politics is worse now than it has been, no it's not. Politics has always been, always will be, dirty. For evidence, go look at the presidential campaign between Andrew Jackson and John Quincy Adams.

Edited on by Jani-Koblaney

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852 | Nintendo Network ID: NJanders

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.