General Discussion Forum

Topic: Question of the Day II: #511: What 2014 release are you looking most forward too?

Showing 1,381 to 1,400 of 1,638

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

1,381. Posted:

Marvel: Iron Man not folgore! :p
DC: Batman
Iron Man would win( unless Batman has EMP bombs!)

looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
running away from reality is betraying yourself and those who care about you

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,382. Posted:

Mickey wrote:

@Sony_70 Haven't been keeping up with anything in comics recently so I had to look up what that meant... oh God. It's like if Frank Miller was writing and he suddenly decided he hated the X-Men (specifically Cyclops since he has a huge man-crush on Wolverine) so he tried his best to make the downtrodden X-Men look oppressive... and failed miserably. Cyclops was right, but that's only because the comic sucks.

They've been pushing Cyclops to this route since post house of M. It makes sense for the charcter and everything that has happened to the X-men that he's be more Magneto than Xavior.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Mickey

1,383. Posted:

@Sony_70 Magneto's fighting for mutant superiority, Cyclops' fighting for mutant EQUALITY. Except this time, he's literally fighting for it. He isn't hurting anyone who isn't hurting mutants. I probably can't put it better than this guy did. AvX was to Cyclops the same way Star Trek V was to Captain Kirk. It made him look awesome, but they didn't have to make everyone else incompetent and stupid by comparison.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

Whoomp! There it is! -God, when he created the universe.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter: TheMercuryMouse

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,384. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

DC: Static - He tapped into my electricity obsession I had as a kid, what can I say?
Marvel: Iron Man - He's a snarky genious in a Robot suit. What's not to like?

Oh right, the hypothetical fight part...

I honestly don't know. I think Iron Man might have the edge, but Static could always shortcurcuit his systems, deflect weapons with magnetism, etc. I think it'd be a close fight. (Yes, I've fantasized about this before, don't ask why)

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

RR529

1,385. Posted:

DC: Superman (although I also like the Teen Titans cartoon version of Robin)

Marvel: Iron Man (although I have a soft spot for Spider-Man)

Fight: Superman beats Iron Man easily (as for secondaries, Spider-Man, although it might be close).

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Tank Hero (AND)

AuthorMessage

Doge

1,386. Posted:

DC: Dogwelder
Untitled

Marvel: Thor
Untitled

No one can escape Dogwelder, so he wins.

"I wish they'd put Slippy in the new Super Smash Brothers" Said Nobody ever.

3DS Friend Code: 3394-3778-3936 | Nintendo Network ID: Gansano

AuthorMessage

RR529

1,387. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Oh right, the hypothetical fight part...

I honestly don't know. I think Iron Man might have the edge, but Static could always shortcurcuit his systems, deflect weapons with magnetism, etc. I think it'd be a close fight. (Yes, I've fantasized about this before, don't ask why)

That is nothing to be embarrassed of, and something I'm sure everyone here either has done, or currently does, often.

Heck, I oftentimes play out scenarios in my mind of Kingdom Hearts characters fighting Bleach characters, and even play out entire tournanents pitting various video game & anime characters against each other.

In terms of superheroes, I do occasionally Marvel vs DC vs "video game superheroes", like InFamous's Cole (don't have much comic knowledge, so this is limited to movie portrayals).

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Tank Hero (AND)

AuthorMessage

TheKingOfTown

1,388. Posted:

Marvel: Iron Man
DC: Batman

Both billionaire playboys, but I give the edge to Iron Man

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

AuthorMessage

Squid

1,389. Posted:

Batman and Iron Man. I'm really not sure who'd win, or who would be able to outwit the other the most times... I think maybe in the end Iron Man would eventually win.

A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
Long live the King of Pop!
Ze Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,390. Posted:

Question #493: What do you think of the news of the Wii being discontinued?

My Answer: I think its about time and really isn't a surprise. After all Nintendo themselves stopped game support on it after the Kirby A.C.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Bulbousaur

1,391. Posted:

Should have happened sooner. The Wii has been holding back the Wii U due to uninformed people not realising it's a different thing. The Wii U can do anything the Wii can (except from GC controller and have support, but those were only in the older models anyway), so this can only be a good thing for Nintendo.

Bulbousaur

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

1,392. Posted:

I'm sad to see it go, as I have so many good memories with it. I do think it's time though, since the Wii U has backwards compatibility, there isn't really any need to sell it any more.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

8BitSamurai

1,393. Posted:

Kind of a shame, but it was bound to happen, since it was reliant almost completely on first-party support right out of the gates, and it's been pretty much dead since Nintendo released the U.

Currently retired indefinitely
Official "rare download" Assistant
Best YT show here!
Beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai | Twitter: PrinnySamurai

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

1,394. Posted:

I'm glad they won't release any more Wii games, I want them on the Wii U.

Currently playing: Batman: Sacred Gold, Valkria Chronicles, 007 Blood Stone and Uncharted 3.

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

1,395. Posted:

I think it might have been timely, then again other well selling systems had a real long time support( PS2 I'm looking at you) and some people(like me) didn't even notice....

looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
running away from reality is betraying yourself and those who care about you

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

1,396. Posted:

It ran a good course of seven years.

Backloggery. Now playing: Batman: Arkham City - Armored Edition, Tomb Raider: Anniversary, Pac-Man World, Golden Sun, Kirby & the Amazing Mirror, Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure and Final Fantasy II (Final Fantasy IV).

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage

CrazyOtto

1,397. Posted:

It died when WiiConnect24 shut down, Nintendo needs to put it to rest and focus on the Wii U.

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook
I keep these Nintendo Life threads updated: Missing 3DS VC and Wii U VC between regions, Full of list first party Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Gear games missing from the 3DS VC, and Full of list first party Game Boy Advance games missing from the Wii U VC.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

AuthorMessage

Samurai_Goroh

1,398. Posted:

I'd say if a console stills manages to sell decent numbers like Wii still does, Nintendo should keep it a while longer. But maybe this is only the family edition model or they have plenty of stock already. Sony does it, look at the PS2, it was manufactured for 11 years! I'm not saying the Wii could last 11 years, but surely another year of production would be reasonable.
Wii Mini has a new bundle in Europe with Mario Kart and they could probably stills sell a million Wii consoles worldwide or so this holiday season.
I feel like we're witnessing the end of an era. It was the little white box that drawn me back to consoles and Nintendo. And looking at the big picture, it's undeniable, Wii changed videogames forever. Very few consoles can achieve that.

Edited on by Samurai_Goroh

Samurai_Goroh

AuthorMessage

Mickey

1,399. Posted:

Yes. Finally. Now it'll stop cannibalizing the sales for Wii U.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

Whoomp! There it is! -God, when he created the universe.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter: TheMercuryMouse

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,400. Posted:

Ok so I have been thinking and I think that question 500 will be the final question. At this point I dont see this thread as being too active so I still am not sure what I will be doing. But let me just say that I have been having fun reading all of your questions and I hope you have been enjoying the questions that I ask even though it does take me a few days to come up with one. :) I still have a few more questions to figure out what I will be doing with this thread so until then.......

Question #494: Has the government shutdown effected you in any way?

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311