General Discussion Forum

Topic: Question of the Day II: #511: What 2014 release are you looking most forward too?

Showing 1,121 to 1,140 of 1,638

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,121. Posted:

A lot less but yes.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Sleepingmudkip

1,122. Posted:

maybe if lots memory with cloud space.

Deluxe WII U

Limited Edition Pikachu 3DS

I Love Fire Emblem & Kid Icarus

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter: JohnGreenGod

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,123. Posted:

Ok I am sure you all are going to know what the next question is but I have to ask it anyway.

Question #478: What is your opinion on the price drop of the Wii U?

My answer: I can't help but feel that this might be the end of the Nintendo really. The lifespan of the Wii U eerie reminds me of the Dreamcast. Barely any 3rd party support game wise, slow sales at the start and now less than a year a price drop. Now dont get me wrong I am as big of fanboy of Nintendo that you can get but as the saying goes everything good must come to an end. While I think it might help Nintendo to sell some systems I don't think it will be enough. And honestly this is their second system in a row that they did a price drop on not even a year after the release. I mean does Nintendo now expect people to buy a Nintendo system on launch day now? I know I wont, which is sad to say. Which means if they do come out with a new system be it a handheld or a home one there will be even lower sales on launch day. I think this is a total mistake.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

8BitSamurai

1,124. Posted:

I think it's definitely going to help, but not very much. It's still an expensive system for what it does compared to the PS4. Something like a wise NL user once said.

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Nintendo has just risen from the clear 2nd place to the clear 2nd place now! Alright!

Currently retired indefinitely
Official "rare download" Assistant
Best YT show here!
Beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai | Twitter: PrinnySamurai

AuthorMessage

Vincent294

1,125. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Ok I am sure you all are going to know what the next question is but I have to ask it anyway.

Question #478: What is your opinion on the price drop of the Wii U?

My answer: I can't help but feel that this might be the end of the Nintendo really. The lifespan of the Wii U eerie reminds me of the Dreamcast. Barely any 3rd party support game wise, slow sales at the start and now less than a year a price drop. Now dont get me wrong I am as big of fanboy of Nintendo that you can get but as the saying goes everything good must come to an end. While I think it might help Nintendo to sell some systems I don't think it will be enough. And honestly this is their second system in a row that they did a price drop on not even a year after the release. I mean does Nintendo now expect people to buy a Nintendo system on launch day now? I know I wont, which is sad to say. Which means if they do come out with a new system be it a handheld or a home one there will be even lower sales on launch day. I think this is a total mistake.

It's a great last resort. I'm planning on getting one for X & the next Zelda. Worst case scenario, Nintendo replaces the Wii U early, & if that system fails, then it would definitely be the end of them in the home console business.

Vincent294

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1229-3077 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

AuthorMessage

I-U

1,126. Posted:

The Wii U's price drop is good for the console in the short term, but bad for Nintendo in the long run. With both the 3DS and Wii U going through price drops during their first years, they are really discouraging people from jumping on board with their hardware outside of what hardcore fans they may have, which apparently isn't a lot. I am disappointed that I couldn't get my Wii U for the cheaper $299.99, as I often struggle to justify the $349.99 I spent release day. It just hasn't been too great following up the Wii in the same year the Wii blew my mind with Xenoblade.

Favorite Game: Metroid Prime Hunters

AuthorMessage

SkywardLink98

1,127. Posted:

Well now i may get the Wii U :D

*Opinions, views, and/or biases are all subject to change on a regular basis.
Bergmite, Piloswine and Snover safari.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

AuthorMessage

Captain_Toad

1,128. Posted:

Heh, I'm not one to over-think things like that but what I do know is that this WiiU price drop has made things a tad easier to get one for Christmas. XD

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack.....it's important.
Toadloggery and a Youtube Channel
Retro Clue!
Games are games ppl. Enjoy 'em.
Remember N64 Turoks? Want it on VC?
I gave in to darkness to have this bio.
Net neutrality is dead. Pls use revive.
Bad day? listen to this.

3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

AuthorMessage

True_Hero

1,129. Posted:

I'm not too fond of it, really. I thought the Wii U had a pretty good value before. It seems that too many people expected a drop after the 3DS got one. Now that the Wii U has lowered in price as well, everyone will expect Nintendo product to have price cuts. This reminds me of my cats: I give them a single can of tuna, and they expect it every time.
Of course, such measures may have been necessary given the current economic climate. We'll see how the PS4 and Xbone preform after launch.

Edited on by True_Hero

-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

AuthorMessage

HawkeyeWii

1,130. Posted:

Good for consumers, but bad for Nintendo.
I remember there being several articles on Nintendo saying that they weren't going to do a price drop for quite some time and for good reason!
I'm pretty sure the original price they were selling it at was for a loss......
So how is this helping their situation??

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii

AuthorMessage

ultraraichu

1,131. Posted:

I'm not bugged by it at all. I enjoy playing my Wii U since day one, and I also got a chance to benefit from all the promotions that took place up to now like the 30 cents games, Rayman legends app, discounts on game contents downloads, etc.

Besides Sony did almost the same thing with the PS3. Release two versions of a system ($500 and $600), discontinued the cheaper version months later (can't say if Nintendo did that or not), and drop the price of the next by $100 months after, all before the 1 year anniversary. I think the first xbox did the same but can't remember.

Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
C.S Lewis

3DS Friend Code: 1848-1733-3257 | Nintendo Network ID: ultraraichu

AuthorMessage

Mickey

1,132. Posted:

If more people buy the Wii U because of it, it's a good thing for both the consumer and Nintendo.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

Whoomp! There it is! -God, when he created the universe.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter: TheMercuryMouse

AuthorMessage

mamp

1,133. Posted:

Well I think Nintendo is playing the 3DS strategy where the price is apparently perfect so they're not going to drop the price but then the Vita was announced and they were like, nope we're still not dropping the price, and then when the release date was just around the corner they were like damn we have to drop the price.

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

1,134. Posted:

I still don't have the money.... but it's good to know the price dropped!

looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
running away from reality is betraying yourself and those who care about you

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

Bulbousaur

1,135. Posted:

I'm likely to buy a Wii U in October then.

Bulbousaur

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

AuthorMessage

Ryno

1,136. Posted:

Nintendo has now set an expectation in the consumer minds to wait for the first price drop, limited edition bundles. Outside of early adopters and Nintendo fanatics people will wait for NIntendo's next resuscitation move unless there is an incredible value that is clearly demonstrated to the customer. I doubt they can do this because Nintendo has not directly captivated me since the SNES. I feel like I have to seek out all things Nintendo instead of them reaching me.

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Reala

1,137. Posted:

Too little too late was my first reaction to be honest, but mostly I was more distracted by the thoughts such as is that 2DS thing real and no really is it real though.

there's nothing that's certain... of that you can be certain

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

1,138. Posted:

It's fine.

"And [Sting!!!], I'm not coming to show YOU or anyone else who the better wrestler is. I'm coming...to hurt you...for real...for a long, looong time. WOOOOO!!!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
AC:NL Dream Address: 4400-2611-9546
My name in a game!!!
My Bird Mania Christmas 3D review

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2506-5820 | Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99

AuthorMessage

Dark-Luigi

1,139. Posted:

mariobro4 wrote:

Heh, I'm not one to over-think things like that but what I do know is that this WiiU price drop has made things a tad easier to get one for Christmas. XD

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it myself!
My Bio. <- Created by True Hero!
The Luigiloggery <- Take a visit and leave a comment if you want.
"Don't expect mouth to mouth!" -Waluigi.
Super Mario awesomeness and here too. <- Glad to be a Mario fan.
Darkness is a thing I adore the most, it's in my blood.

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

AuthorMessage

Kyloctopus

1,140. Posted:

I think it will damage Nintendo financially for a little longer than they think.

Past Names: Koops3, Klyo, Whirlpool, Titanics
If you're looking for a good Miiverse profile, do I have one for you!

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter: Kyloctopus