Forums

Topic: Question of the Day II: #511: What 2014 release are you looking most forward too?

Posts 1,101 to 1,120 of 1,628

8BitSamurai

I would go to retro gaming. Not wholeheatedly against digital, but gaming would be dead in my eyes if gamers no longer had copies of games to last for the ages, and not as long as servers stay up.

Currently retired indefinitely
Official "rare download" Assistant
Best YT show here!
Beat: Fi...

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai | Twitter:

TheKingOfTown

I prefer digital, so yup.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

Nemaides

8BitSamurai wrote:

I would go to retro gaming. Not wholeheatedly against digital, but gaming would be dead in my eyes if gamers no longer had copies of games to last for the ages, and not as long as servers stay up.

This. Plus I not only play video games, but collect them. No point in having a digital collection.

Nemaides

3DS Friend Code: 5043-1150-3708 | Nintendo Network ID: Nemaides

Splat

I never felt much of a need to show off my collection of games to other people so a digital collection is fine by me.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

Relias

No.. that is just stupid

I am a wild and free Ninetails not a trainer.. get over it...

3DS Friend Code: 4570-6835-5697

Happy_Mask

Yes, but not nearly as much, and mostly retro games. :3

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

I-U

I would play older games from previous generations and would buy much less of newer games. I prefer physical copies. I just feel like I'm getting less for the same price if I were to take the digital option.

Favorite Game: Metroid Prime Hunters

GuSolarFlare

@EveryoneThatDislikesDigital it's because digital downloads don't have the magic of a new game: you download ,you play, it's over. nothing in betwen no unboxing, no anxious wait to play it(unless your internet sucks) you don't "feel it" until you start playing..... that's why physical games are the best(and look great to expose in a shelf!)

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

SubBronze

Yes, but the longer boxes and physical media are around the better. I would probably buy less games if they become completely digital though.

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

Tasuki

Ok I am sure you all are going to know what the next question is but I have to ask it anyway.

Question #478: What is your opinion on the price drop of the Wii U?

My answer: I can't help but feel that this might be the end of the Nintendo really. The lifespan of the Wii U eerie reminds me of the Dreamcast. Barely any 3rd party support game wise, slow sales at the start and now less than a year a price drop. Now dont get me wrong I am as big of fanboy of Nintendo that you can get but as the saying goes everything good must come to an end. While I think it might help Nintendo to sell some systems I don't think it will be enough. And honestly this is their second system in a row that they did a price drop on not even a year after the release. I mean does Nintendo now expect people to buy a Nintendo system on launch day now? I know I wont, which is sad to say. Which means if they do come out with a new system be it a handheld or a home one there will be even lower sales on launch day. I think this is a total mistake.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

8BitSamurai

I think it's definitely going to help, but not very much. It's still an expensive system for what it does compared to the PS4. Something like a wise NL user once said.

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Nintendo has just risen from the clear 2nd place to the clear 2nd place now! Alright!

Currently retired indefinitely
Official "rare download" Assistant
Best YT show here!
Beat: Fi...

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai | Twitter:

Vincent294

Tasuki wrote:

Ok I am sure you all are going to know what the next question is but I have to ask it anyway.

Question #478: What is your opinion on the price drop of the Wii U?

My answer: I can't help but feel that this might be the end of the Nintendo really. The lifespan of the Wii U eerie reminds me of the Dreamcast. Barely any 3rd party support game wise, slow sales at the start and now less than a year a price drop. Now dont get me wrong I am as big of fanboy of Nintendo that you can get but as the saying goes everything good must come to an end. While I think it might help Nintendo to sell some systems I don't think it will be enough. And honestly this is their second system in a row that they did a price drop on not even a year after the release. I mean does Nintendo now expect people to buy a Nintendo system on launch day now? I know I wont, which is sad to say. Which means if they do come out with a new system be it a handheld or a home one there will be even lower sales on launch day. I think this is a total mistake.

It's a great last resort. I'm planning on getting one for X & the next Zelda. Worst case scenario, Nintendo replaces the Wii U early, & if that system fails, then it would definitely be the end of them in the home console business.

Vincent294

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1229-3077 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

I-U

The Wii U's price drop is good for the console in the short term, but bad for Nintendo in the long run. With both the 3DS and Wii U going through price drops during their first years, they are really discouraging people from jumping on board with their hardware outside of what hardcore fans they may have, which apparently isn't a lot. I am disappointed that I couldn't get my Wii U for the cheaper $299.99, as I often struggle to justify the $349.99 I spent release day. It just hasn't been too great following up the Wii in the same year the Wii blew my mind with Xenoblade.

Favorite Game: Metroid Prime Hunters

SkywardLink98

Well now i may get the Wii U

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic