General Discussion Forum

Topic: Question of the Day

Showing 7,781 to 7,800 of 8,619

AuthorMessage

rayword45

7,781. Posted:

undead_terror wrote:

The harlem shake, nuff said.

I realize it's mainly about opinions, but come on. That's arguably tied as one of the least harmful ones along with other stupid fads, because they drag stupid teenagers AWAY from sex and drugs.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

7,782. Posted:

Swearing. Espcially when kids are just disrecepctful and have an attitude with it.

Currently playing: Rune Factory 4, Batman: Arkham Origins (new game plus), Valkria Chronicles, and Uncharted 2.

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

7,783. Posted:

It's inspiring to know that a trend can distract teenagers from having sexual intercourse.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

rayword45

7,784. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

It's inspiring to know that a trend can distract teenagers from having sexual intercourse.

For a few days at the very least, and only the stupid ones (AKA the ones that do it because YOLO)

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

7,785. Posted:

Delaying the inevitable isn't effective, it's pointless.

Just for you.

AuthorMessage

rayword45

7,786. Posted:

That's 28 days before another child is possible and however many days before they catch some nasty disease. I say better to delay, that's why it's undesirable to, you know, have children in high school.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

PuzzleMaster7

7,787. Posted:

Trolling on Internet forums.

There is no puzzle without a solution!

3DS Friend Code: 4055-4399-6605 | Nintendo Network ID: ThePuzzleMaster7 | Twitter: PuzzleMaster7

AuthorMessage

LittleKing

7,788. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Delaying the inevitable isn't effective, it's pointless.

I know life is hard, Chrono, and we've all got to die one day, but don't do it! Don't throw your life away! Oh, wait, that's not what you meant. ;)

LittleKing

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

7,789. Posted:

Add the stuff that @Rayword said the Harlem Shake distracted stupid kids from doing.

Currently playing: Rune Factory 4, Batman: Arkham Origins (new game plus), Valkria Chronicles, and Uncharted 2.

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

7,790. Posted:

It's inconvenient, sure, but not always undesired.

Trends are a momentarily fun activity (or phrase), that some people participate in. In no way does it prevent any sort of event or issue from occuring.

Just for you.

AuthorMessage

rayword45

7,791. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

It's inconvenient, sure, but not always undesired.

Trends are a momentarily fun activity (or phrase), that some people participate in. In no way does it prevent any sort of event or issue from occuring.

It does when you're a teenager and know far too many recklessly moronic people.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

7,792. Posted:

Unless the trend is time consuming and enjoyable to a majority, no, it will not.

Saying a phrase such as YOLO or swagger, is nothing more than an understandable noise that takes a moment to make which has no power to distract or persuade an individual.

Planking and the Harlem shake are trends that consume little to no time to plan, think through and perform. Trends are not activities.

Just for you.

AuthorMessage

rayword45

7,793. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Unless the trend is time consuming and enjoyable to a majority, no, it will not.

Technically correct, but that applies to most.

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Saying a phrase such as YOLO or swagger, is nothing more than an understandable noise that takes a moment to make which has no power to distract or persuade an individual.

What the hell does that have to do with persuasion or distraction? It excuses, that's what YOLO is. ie; "Why exactly are you dropping acid at age 15? Because YOLO."
"Why aren't you using condoms? Because YOLO."

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Planking and the Harlem shake are trends that consume little to no time to plan, think through and perform. Trends are not activities.

False. Completely false. Believe it or not, recording a video does take a bit of planning, and people do think about how to make a fool of themselves yes.
Trends are not activities what the hell is that? You mean a hobby persay? Not an activity is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.

I will end with this. How old are you again? I know this sounds like a stereotypical "whiner" argument, but I believe I should know more about my own generation then the people 1 or 2 generations older then me.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

rayword45

7,794. Posted:

mudjo wrote:

rayword45 wrote:

I will end with this. How old are you again? I know this sounds like a stereotypical "whiner" argument, but I believe I should know more about my own generation then the people 1 or 2 generations older then me.

Never give away your age online!

I could care less about that rule. Nobody believes you most of the time, because everybody is an old fat white man on gaming sites.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

Marks

7,795. Posted:

Jaz007 wrote:

Swearing. Espcially when kids are just disrecepctful and have an attitude with it.

I couldn't agree more with this. I really hope this is just a trend and it does not continue on. I especially hate it when older individuals swear around children... It's very offensive.

Say what now?
If you can do no good, at least do no harm. -Kurt Vonnegut
My Freerice

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1418-8196

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

7,796. Posted:

No one in their right mind would take a drug because right after yelling YELO or whatever. If the people in your daily life do this, you need to consider making new friends.

I'm old enough to be informed about the fads kids your age enjoy doing on such a time consuming schedule.

Just for you.

AuthorMessage

Konata

7,797. Posted:

I don't know if this counts but.
Being a Hipster.
I feel like EVERYONE is a hipster now, and I think to myself...
Isn't that defeating the purpose of a hipster?
some of my friends consider themselfs "Hipsters" and all they do is yell out "That is SO main stream."
It kinda Irks me x3.

I'm sorrryy I keep disappearing >_<.
Visit my K-Pop lair!
My favorite k-pop songs Come Listen!

3DS Friend Code: 5284-2709-9903 | Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: SherrSamala

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

7,798. Posted:

Almost any 'trend' that's already been mentioned, among others, is a pain.
All they do is devalue humanity...

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel
Lucina confirmed for Smash Bros.!

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

Dashtag

7,799. Posted:

I dislike the trends of what I "should" be playing or what I "should" be watching. There was a point where there was not a single week that passes without me asked if I had played Call of Duty yet. And now, I'm some kind of crazy person if I don't watch The Walking Dead.

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

"I'd not open that if I were you. My mortis glyphs have proven to be surprisingly effective in the past."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter: KiDasharus

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

7,800. Posted:

People who think they're funny or intelligent by being rude. In no way, shape or form is it humorous that you went out of your way to drive your automobile into a puddle and drench the poor old woman with the walker.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Sorry, this topic has been locked.