General Discussion Forum

Topic: Question of the Day

Showing 7,201 to 7,220 of 8,614

AuthorMessage

Arianabtd

7,201. Posted:

my best year would probably have to be 2011, it's the year I got baptized into Jesus Christ. (Whoop, whoop.)
It's also the year I met a lot of new people that I'm very good friends with now.
Over all it was a pretty good year.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: Arianabtd

AuthorMessage

k8sMum

7,202. Posted:

i have to give 2 best years: 1984 when my son was born and 1986 when my daughter was born. (worst year: 2005, when we lost her.)

'Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt' Tolkien
'God is a kid with an antfarm.' "Constantine"
3ds friend code: 0860 3849 6133
Caitlin's Memorial Site

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

7,203. Posted:

For some reason I REALLY like 2004, but I can't even remember what I did that year. It's looking like it might be this year though. All these amazing new games coming out and I might have me a special lady friend soon. :)

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

rayword45

7,204. Posted:

k8sMum wrote:

i have to give 2 best years: 1984 when my son was born and 1986 when my daughter was born. (worst year: 2005, when we lost her.)

That's incredibly depressing...

This is a really easy question for me. Of these 15 crappy years I've lived, I'd have to give it up for 2001. The year I went to preschool. At such a young age I was still incredibly carefree, I have some memories left, but I had human interaction with kids my age, some of whom are still my friends to this day.

Edited on by rayword45

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

SheldonRandoms

7,205. Posted:

Untitled

1994, because that's when I was born, and then the world changed forever.

SUPER SMASH CLASH: A MOBILE MULTIPLAYER PLATFORMER FIGHTING GAME FEATURING MR.RANDOMS AND SOMEBODY HE KNOWS, ZIGGURAT!!! http://www.smashclashapp.com/

I like to rev up those fryers, I play games, I can't draw good, but I make stick figures named Sheldon and Mr. Randoms.

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0402-4645 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

AuthorMessage

ReindeerDasher

7,206. Posted:

If I had to pick one in the 13 years I've lived, it would be 2012 (Although 4 months out of there were terrible). It's the year I joined NL, bought KIU, and got a Wii U. However, from June to September, I think, I couldn't play on my 3DS.

This year might be my best year, seeing how things are going. However, I start high school this year, and I won't be homeschooled anymore... it'll be hard to adjust...

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

Pit - "Uh, what's a KO?"
Palutena - "Good luck, Pit."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter: KiDasharus

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

7,207. Posted:

@3Dash
I'm in highscool but i'm still homeschooled (holla!) so I feel for you, having to adjust and all.

Hmmm, best year of my life. I'd probably have to go with 2012 at the moment. Maybe it's just because I have the most memories from it, but I also bcame a part of NL during the year and it's fantastic community. Not to mention the 3DS had a swell year of games as well, and the Wii U was launched.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

Arianabtd

7,208. Posted:

@CapnPancakes @3Dash
Hooray for fellow homeschoolers.
I felt so alone... Anyways, my parents almost decided to send me to public school in 2011, it was my best year because I convinced them to let me stay home. (since I was homeschooled all my life, I don't think I could adjust.)
(By the way this is a weird continuation of my answer.)

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Konata -> Arianabtd

AuthorMessage

NinFreak

7,209. Posted:

@3Dash @CapnPancakes @Konata

I'm homeschooled too :D

(insert witty signature here)

Nintendo Network ID: Ryano96

AuthorMessage

Arianabtd

7,210. Posted:

NinFreak wrote:

:D
I like meeting homeschool gamers, all my homeschool friends don't like Videogames.
>_<.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Konata -> Arianabtd

AuthorMessage

ReindeerDasher

7,211. Posted:

Konata wrote:

NinFreak wrote:

I like meeting homeschool gamers, all my homeschool friends don't like Videogames.
>_<.

Cool. But yeah, my mom decided I get too distracted when I'm homeschooled (case in point: I'm posting right now) and so I'm going to a "real" school next school year. So really, this year could go either way for me. I could love it, or hate it.

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

Pit - "Uh, what's a KO?"

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter: KiDasharus

AuthorMessage

Arianabtd

7,212. Posted:

3Dash wrote:

Konata wrote:

NinFreak wrote:

>_<.

Cool. But yeah, my mom decided I get too distracted when I'm homeschooled (case in point: I'm posting right now) and so I'm going to a "real" school next school year. So really, this year could go either way for me. I could love it, or hate it.

I'll be praying for you x3
(I get a free week this week, so I'm allowed to post :3)

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Konata -> Arianabtd

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

7,213. Posted:

Off Topic: Adding your 3DS friend code @Konata

On Topic: I forgot to mention that 2010 was a great year as well. Loads of 3DS hype plus fantastic games like DKCR, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Sonic Colors, and so many more.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

ReindeerDasher

7,214. Posted:

Off topic: I'll add your FC too @Konata, once I'm done with school.

8 Bit Forward
deviantART Profile

Pit - "Uh, what's a KO?"

AuthorMessage

Marakuto

7,215. Posted:

1998 - 2007 Those were the years when I felt like life was an adventure. I had so much to do then and was a really overjoyed kid, then in mid 2008 life started to become dull and still does feel that way. I wish I could go back to becoming a kid though it was like earth was Heaven before... :D

3DS games:

Mario Kart 7

Zelda OoT 3D

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars

Pokemon Black FC: 2666 2484 8599

Kid Icarus Uprising

Heroes of Ruin
and more.

Crime doesn't pay, unless you are really good at it then those who are legal criminals will pay you to keep their stolen goods safe.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2450-6702

AuthorMessage

Arianabtd

7,216. Posted:

Super off topic:
@CapnPancakes and @3Dash
I added you both.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Konata -> Arianabtd

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

7,217. Posted:

Marakuto wrote:

1998 - 2007 Those were the years when I felt like life was an adventure. I had so much to do then and was a really overjoyed kid, then in mid 2008 life started to become dull and still does feel that way. I wish I could go back to becoming a kid though it was like earth was Heaven before... :D

Heh, pretty much this. The joys of being a child and not having to worry about futures, bills, money, jobs, etc.
If I could only pick one through, it would be 2008. The year Super Smash Bros. Brawl was released. ^^
Thanks to that game, I got through the crappy secondary school years I had. I was young, and kept to myself so when someone made fun of me (which was pretty much every weekday), I ignored it and quietly built up a fair bit of rage. When I couldn't take any more, Brawl's fun times managed to limit my rage to giving my school bully a black eye as opposed to outright finishing him and burning the school down. Everything went better from there.

Thank you, Smash Bros. for making my secondary school years more bearable. :)

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature (or Light for the holidays).
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

7,218. Posted:

Out of my almost 16 years, I hate them all. All of them.

On one end, I'm filling the void of all the things I could never do as a child, yet on the other, I want nothing to do with high school and the cruel, terrible human nature of teens. But life isn't a book where you can skip a chapter if you don't like it; you're forced to live through every moment until you are driven far beyond the doors of insanity by reality's sadistic tendencies. It physically hurts me when we watch documentaries about issues in high school. I cringe every time someone tries to justify bullying. My body fills itself with rage when I hear stuff like "YOLO."

I just want to grow up already and leave the hell known as high school. I just want to skip ahead already.

TL;DR: None. Not a single one in particular. Good moments are often spread out too thin.

EDIT: Wow... I sound like a psychopath...

Edited on by GuardianKing

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

7,219. Posted:

This year is my best year. Seriously, I don't look backwards and I don't sit and fantasize about the "glory days" of the past. Today is a great day just full of opportunity. You can either Carpe Diem or you can daydream about the past. I'm reminded of a quote my old boss had on his wall. "If what you did yesterday still looks big to you, you haven't done much today."

Have a great day, everyone! :*

Edited on by bezerker99

"Everybody gets old, but not everybody gets great!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
My name in a video game.

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2506-5820 | Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99

AuthorMessage

Klimbatize

7,220. Posted:

Everyone that's in high school right now and absolutely hates it, just hold on. Once you get out of those years you'll look back and realize they don't mean much in the grand scheme of things. Get out on your own and more in control of your own life and it gets a lot better.

I'm not saying what you're going through is a joke; not at all. Those years can suck. But know there is light at the end of the tunnel and once you're out of it and really living your own life things will get immensely better. Some things will still be rough, but at least you won't be dealing with the stupid issues that go along with being in the same building with hundreds of other teenagers.

As for me, I'm 33 and my best year was probably 2012. My best year before that was 2011, and so on. Life's going pretty well, career has taken off, and my second kid was born last year. 2013 will likely be even better than the last.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

Sorry, this topic has been locked.