Forums

Topic: Question of the Day

Posts 7,201 to 7,220 of 8,596

GuardianKing

Out of my almost 16 years, I hate them all. All of them.

On one end, I'm filling the void of all the things I could never do as a child, yet on the other, I want nothing to do with high school and the cruel, terrible human nature of teens. But life isn't a book where you can skip a chapter if you don't like it; you're forced to live through every moment until you are driven far beyond the doors of insanity by reality's sadistic tendencies. It physically hurts me when we watch documentaries about issues in high school. I cringe every time someone tries to justify bullying. My body fills itself with rage when I hear stuff like "YOLO."

I just want to grow up already and leave the hell known as high school. I just want to skip ahead already.

TL;DR: None. Not a single one in particular. Good moments are often spread out too thin.

EDIT: Wow... I sound like a psychopath...

Edited on by GuardianKing

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

bezerker99

This year is my best year. Seriously, I don't look backwards and I don't sit and fantasize about the "glory days" of the past. Today is a great day just full of opportunity. You can either Carpe Diem or you can daydream about the past. I'm reminded of a quote my old boss had on his wall. "If what you did yesterday still looks big to you, you haven't done much today."

Have a great day, everyone!

Edited on by bezerker99

Klimbatize

Everyone that's in high school right now and absolutely hates it, just hold on. Once you get out of those years you'll look back and realize they don't mean much in the grand scheme of things. Get out on your own and more in control of your own life and it gets a lot better.

I'm not saying what you're going through is a joke; not at all. Those years can suck. But know there is light at the end of the tunnel and once you're out of it and really living your own life things will get immensely better. Some things will still be rough, but at least you won't be dealing with the stupid issues that go along with being in the same building with hundreds of other teenagers.

As for me, I'm 33 and my best year was probably 2012. My best year before that was 2011, and so on. Life's going pretty well, career has taken off, and my second kid was born last year. 2013 will likely be even better than the last.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

Retro_on_theGo

bezerker99 wrote:

This year is my best year. Seriously, I don't look backwards and I don't sit and fantasize about the "glory days" of the past. Today is a great day just full of opportunity. You can either Carpe Diem or you can daydream about the past. I'm reminded of a quote my old boss had on his wall. "If what you did yesterday still looks big to you, you haven't done much today."

Have a great day, everyone!

Link977

No replies today, updating with 3DS. shudders

Question #378: What is the saddest movie you have seen?

Formerly PurpleLink, RedLink & OrdonianLink
Getting a Gold Mushroom on Rainbow Road is just asking to lose!
Backloggery
Question of the Day

3DS Friend Code: 5412-9901-0836 | Nintendo Network ID: Link977

Magikarp3

Favourite was 2012 - For everyone who says high school is horrible, I offer my condolences. I don't know why but I rather enjoyed my 6 years, maybe it was by chance that I stumbled upon a group of very nice people and I made friends with them. The last year of high school tends to be the most sentimental, but I had the most fun as well. I'm hoping to replace 2012 with 2013 though, they say uni life is a nice experience.

By the way, everyone listen to Zerks. He gives good advice (Y) (and in Latin, no less!)

Dangit!

Ok, saddest movie! Rabbit Hole! I did watch Les Mis recently but I didn't feel it was that sad for some reason

I would name a different, sadder movie but that'd be spoilerrific :/

Edited on by Magikarp3

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

Lan

Easily Marley and Me.

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

brooks83

There's only been a few movies that have actually brought me to tears. Two of them are Big Fish and Up.

Edited on by brooks83

brooks83

WaveBoy

Martyrs. Actually, the disturbing factor overides the sad!

WaveBoy

NinFreak

A.I. or Up.

(insert witty signature here)

Nintendo Network ID: Ryano96

WaveBoy

NinFreak wrote:

A.I. or Up.

Up is definitly my favorite Pixar Film, not only that, but i was on the verge of shedding a few tears!

WaveBoy

NinFreak

WaveBoy wrote:

NinFreak wrote:

A.I. or Up.

Up is definitly my favorite Pixar Film, not only that, but i was on the verge of shedding a few tears!

I had to try really hard not to cry.

(insert witty signature here)

Nintendo Network ID: Ryano96

RoryLee

Gorillas in the Mist. I always have a hard time with any movie that involves an animal being hurt or killed.

Nintendo ID: RoryLee
3DS: 3007-8085-6351

Banker-Style

High School Musical 3.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
3DS XL FC:3265-6271-5244
In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

Navitroid

Professor layton and the eternal diva

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

Tasuki

I dont know ever but lately it probably would be The Boy in the Stripped Pajamas. My son had to watch that for a project at school so we streamed it from Netflix.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Sorry, this topic has been locked.