General Discussion Forum

Topic: Question of the Day

Showing 7,201 to 7,220 of 8,619

AuthorMessage

Marks

7,201. Posted:

Characters! Haha. If not, then I choose story.

Say what now?
If you can do no good, at least do no harm. -Kurt Vonnegut
My Freerice

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1418-8196

AuthorMessage

Kyloctopus

7,202. Posted:

Story
Visuals always get better, and those that try to blow your minds with visuals is now considered outdated. Most N64 games have that problem, as well as a few Gamecube games. So games with detail like Uncharted, and Tomb Raider, will be considered meh in 15 years.
I'm not much of a sound enthusiast. I don't have a playlist with all the Sonic themes. However I have gained alot more respect for VGM over the past few weeks.
Story is the root of a game. You make garbage out of a story, you get negative fan reaction. Look at Mass Effect 3, Paper Mario Sticker Star and Metroid Other M for example. You get brilliance of a story, and you will be praised. Zero Escape, Professor Layton, and several Legend of Zelda games know that feeling.

Edited on by Kyloctopus

Past Names: Koops3, Klyo, Whirlpool, Titanics
If you're looking for a good Miiverse profile, do I have one for you!

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter: Kyloctopus

AuthorMessage

OrdonianLink

7,203. Posted:

Alright, I'll start replying to people's posts, maybe that'll get people looking, I am determined! That goes though if answers are actually somewhat decent and I feel I can reply to them, if not then I wont bother as it probably wouldn't be a good reply anyways. ;p

@Jamouse Yeah man, that's really great, I always remember my early childhood as the two zelda games that were out were Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, I always preferred Ocarina of Time because it seemed to be much easier (also saw my family beat the game basically, so I knew what to do) but Majora's Mask was a lot more complex, I wanna play it again, but incase they do re-make it, I don't wanna spoil the feeling because playing Ocarina of Time 3D I hadn't played it in so long (from playing it so much as a kid - still am a kid, just Im talking about like me being in Elementary School, and Im just loving this vast world) I just fell in love, though I already knew what to do, it was still so awesome to see it all redone, and nicer controls, brought back a lot of memories, me being scared of them Skull dudes that come out at night (I'd literally turn off the N64 if I saw one LOL). But yeah, back to the whole Interaction between game and character. Majora's Mask really had that, you didn't have to just stick with the main characters you could go off and do your own thing and follow whatever characters you wanted, and they always rewarded you which then forced you to go check out another characters life, its not just a game based around yours. ANYWAYS, thats probably long enough of a reply, I'll probably only do 2 or 3 replies per answer, being if they're all this long. I love replying don't get me wrong.

@Tasuki My words exactly, I was doomed into wow when my friend first introduced me into it, I need to start my lore character and everything so I can catch up on it before it ends (if it does) being there isn't a whole lot more to go on, I hope the ending is really and truly epic though. Without story WoW would just be the same thing over and over, but the story adds so much more, and that goes with any game.

@CaptainSquid Yeah for sure, I mean a lot of people (practically all of us) will judge a game without even knowing we do, we look at it and just by seeing screenshots we kinda put a thought into our head like "looks good and fun" sorta thing. Visual Appeal is just great, especially little art snapshots, just great.

ALRIGHT one more!

@Whirlpool I have to disagree with one point there, you say Legend of Zelda has a good story, some of them didn't in my opinion. I have to say as much glamour OoT gets, I didn't really find the story groundbreaking, I never really was attached to any character, besides the Owl, that was the only one I actually felt somewhat sad about, when you see him that last time outside the Spirit Temple, other than that I just didn't see any real connection between me and any characters compared to Majora's Mask as I replied to earlier. Majora's Masks ending was more rewarding the more you did, you got to see the outcome of all the people, and if you were involved with them beforehand you just knew and wait, wtf Im doing like a Zelda review here, but yeah.

Alright, that ends my replies, let me know what you guys thought of em, I hope if they were just meh now, I'll be able to improve :)

That leads me to the actual point of this thread though, the question.

Question #377: Out of all the years you've lived, what was your best so far? Why?

Edited on by OrdonianLink

Formerly PurpleLink, RedLink & Link977
Getting a Gold Mushroom on Rainbow Road is just asking to lose!
Backloggery
Question of the Day
Where the NL Chat was born... kinda

3DS Friend Code: 5412-9901-0836

♪All Those Years Ago♪

3DS Friend Code: 5412-9901-0836 | Nintendo Network ID: Flamingbird

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

7,204. Posted:

@Link977: Nice responses. And I dont think WoW will end anytime soon, of course you never know. Although I can't wait for Blizzconn this year to see what the next expansion is.

To answer your question. I can't really say they all had good points and bad points. If I have to choose one I guess I would go with 2003 mainly cause I had a really good paying job. I was making about 6k a month and I really enjoyed the job as well. It was a shame that our boss was embezzling money from the company and because of that the corporate people decide to clean house and fired all of us because of him.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Kyloctopus

7,205. Posted:

@Link977 You give a pretty good point. However when talking I wasn't internationally talking about Ocarina of Time. In fact, Ocarina of Time is a strong reason why I said "Several" I as well had no great feeling or empathy for any characters. Except for Skullkid, but that is mostly because of his significance in Majora's Mask.

Favorite Year? I'll go with 2012. It wasn't bad, in fact it was probably my most adventurous. Then again, I'm pretty young, I'm sure this year is all the more adventurous.

Edited on by Kyloctopus

Past Names: Koops3, Klyo, Whirlpool, Titanics
If you're looking for a good Miiverse profile, do I have one for you!

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter: Kyloctopus

AuthorMessage

Konata

7,206. Posted:

my best year would probably have to be 2011, it's the year I got baptized into Jesus Christ. (Whoop, whoop.)
It's also the year I met a lot of new people that I'm very good friends with now.
Over all it was a pretty good year.

I'm sorrryy I keep disappearing >_<.
Visit my K-Pop lair!
My favorite k-pop songs Come Listen!

3DS Friend Code: 5284-2709-9903 | Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: SherrSamala

AuthorMessage

k8sMum

7,207. Posted:

i have to give 2 best years: 1984 when my son was born and 1986 when my daughter was born. (worst year: 2005, when we lost her.)

'Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt' Tolkien
'God is a kid with an antfarm.' "Constantine"
3ds friend code: 0860 3849 6133
Caitlin's Memorial Site

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

7,208. Posted:

For some reason I REALLY like 2004, but I can't even remember what I did that year. It's looking like it might be this year though. All these amazing new games coming out and I might have me a special lady friend soon. :)

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

rayword45

7,209. Posted:

k8sMum wrote:

i have to give 2 best years: 1984 when my son was born and 1986 when my daughter was born. (worst year: 2005, when we lost her.)

That's incredibly depressing...

This is a really easy question for me. Of these 15 crappy years I've lived, I'd have to give it up for 2001. The year I went to preschool. At such a young age I was still incredibly carefree, I have some memories left, but I had human interaction with kids my age, some of whom are still my friends to this day.

Edited on by rayword45

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

SheldonRandoms

7,210. Posted:

Untitled

1994, because that's when I was born, and then the world changed forever.

SUPER SMASH CLASH: A MOBILE MULTIPLAYER PLATFORMER FIGHTING GAME FEATURING MR.RANDOMS AND LORDJUMPMAD!!! http://www.smashclashapp.com/

I like to rev up those fryers, I play games, I can't draw good, but I make stick figures named Sheldon and Mr. Randoms.

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0402-4645 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

AuthorMessage

AddADashOfSalt

7,211. Posted:

If I had to pick one in the 13 years I've lived, it would be 2012 (Although 4 months out of there were terrible). It's the year I joined NL, bought KIU, and got a Wii U. However, from June to September, I think, I couldn't play on my 3DS.

This year might be my best year, seeing how things are going. However, I start high school this year, and I won't be homeschooled anymore... it'll be hard to adjust...

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

"I'd not open that if I were you. My mortis glyphs have proven to be surprisingly effective in the past."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter: KiDasharus

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

7,212. Posted:

@3Dash
I'm in highscool but i'm still homeschooled (holla!) so I feel for you, having to adjust and all.

Hmmm, best year of my life. I'd probably have to go with 2012 at the moment. Maybe it's just because I have the most memories from it, but I also bcame a part of NL during the year and it's fantastic community. Not to mention the 3DS had a swell year of games as well, and the Wii U was launched.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

Konata

7,213. Posted:

@CapnPancakes @3Dash
Hooray for fellow homeschoolers.
I felt so alone... Anyways, my parents almost decided to send me to public school in 2011, it was my best year because I convinced them to let me stay home. (since I was homeschooled all my life, I don't think I could adjust.)
(By the way this is a weird continuation of my answer.)

Visit my K-Pop lair!

3DS Friend Code: 5284-2709-9903 | Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: SherrSamala

AuthorMessage

NinFreak

7,214. Posted:

@3Dash @CapnPancakes @Konata

I'm homeschooled too :D

(insert witty signature here)

Nintendo Network ID: Ryano96

AuthorMessage

Konata

7,215. Posted:

NinFreak wrote:

:D
I like meeting homeschool gamers, all my homeschool friends don't like Videogames.
>_<.

Visit my K-Pop lair!

AuthorMessage

AddADashOfSalt

7,216. Posted:

Konata wrote:

NinFreak wrote:

I like meeting homeschool gamers, all my homeschool friends don't like Videogames.
>_<.

Cool. But yeah, my mom decided I get too distracted when I'm homeschooled (case in point: I'm posting right now) and so I'm going to a "real" school next school year. So really, this year could go either way for me. I could love it, or hate it.

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

"I'd not open that if I were you. My mortis glyphs have proven to be surprisingly effective in the past."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter: KiDasharus

AuthorMessage

Konata

7,217. Posted:

3Dash wrote:

Konata wrote:

NinFreak wrote:

>_<.

Cool. But yeah, my mom decided I get too distracted when I'm homeschooled (case in point: I'm posting right now) and so I'm going to a "real" school next school year. So really, this year could go either way for me. I could love it, or hate it.

I'll be praying for you x3
(I get a free week this week, so I'm allowed to post :3)

Visit my K-Pop lair!

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

7,218. Posted:

Off Topic: Adding your 3DS friend code @Konata

On Topic: I forgot to mention that 2010 was a great year as well. Loads of 3DS hype plus fantastic games like DKCR, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Sonic Colors, and so many more.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

AddADashOfSalt

7,219. Posted:

Off topic: I'll add your FC too @Konata, once I'm done with school.

8 Bit Forward
deviantART Profile

AuthorMessage

Marakuto

7,220. Posted:

1998 - 2007 Those were the years when I felt like life was an adventure. I had so much to do then and was a really overjoyed kid, then in mid 2008 life started to become dull and still does feel that way. I wish I could go back to becoming a kid though it was like earth was Heaven before... :D

3DS games:

Mario Kart 7

Zelda OoT 3D

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars

Pokemon Black FC: 2666 2484 8599

Kid Icarus Uprising

Heroes of Ruin
and more.

Crime doesn't pay, unless you are really good at it then those who are legal criminals will pay you to keep their stolen goods safe.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2450-6702

Sorry, this topic has been locked.