General Discussion Forum

Topic: Question of the Day

Showing 7,181 to 7,200 of 8,619

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

7,181. Posted:

Yes because I've been here for a very long time and know what sort of thing goes into administration.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

OrdonianLink

7,182. Posted:

Alright, some nice responses there, idk what else to say in this post, but yeah, read em' all as usual, keep the answers coming! A bit late but wooo 7000 posts!... heh...

Question #376: What aspect do you love the most in a game? (Story, Visuals, Sound, etc.)

Now here's something I haven't done in a LONG time:
My Answer: I love sound, its the music you'll be hearing throughout the game. I especially love the World of Warcraft music, just sayin, its so good. Haha

Formerly PurpleLink, RedLink & Link977
Getting a Gold Mushroom on Rainbow Road is just asking to lose!
Backloggery
Question of the Day
Where the NL Chat was born... kinda

3DS Friend Code: 5412-9901-0836

♪All Those Years Ago♪

3DS Friend Code: 5412-9901-0836 | Nintendo Network ID: Flamingbird

AuthorMessage

Jamouse

7,183. Posted:

I like the interaction between the game and the player. I mean anyone can write a good story, or compose some epic music, but tying it with the game is something that really take effort.

This is one of the reasons why Majora's Mask is my favourite game of all time. The story, the NPC's, the environments. They were all great on their own, but what really impresses is me is how the game uses it's "three day cycle" to let you interact with them in lot's of different ways.

Edited on by Jamouse

Jamouse

AuthorMessage

Sir_Anthony

7,184. Posted:

The story is the most important part for me. A game should be made around a story and not like this; "we need a new game let's create a story" those are flops most of the times... Games with a story are also the games that you remember :) I also love it when there's good music in a game. it can give the game a certain mood like exciting, sad or creepy... and there's the overworld that's also pretty important, bigger is better, magic is always good, different areas and interesting villages :) and now i think of it, this is probably the reason why i like the legend of Zelda and final fantasy so much :P

I can assure you, I'm not a cat. Do not let others fool you though

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

AuthorMessage

Magikarp3

7,185. Posted:

Can I be a snobby Film Studies student and say the mis en scene?

For my actual answer, I'll say Level Design and Pacing. These things make me feel like a game is planned out and something more than a manufactured product, because they're both intricately tailored towards the player's wants and expectations. Not that I'm saying all games should have super awesome level design because I want that, I'm just saying that I tend to enjoy and value well planned out games more.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

7,186. Posted:

I think I like a little bit of everything. Clever level design, awesome music, nice looking environments, overall fun gameplay. Story is rarely that important to me though; after all, if I wanted a good story, I'd read a book/comic.

In some cases though, it seems that the music factor will being me back into playing the game. Just look at Brawl.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel
Viridi Avatar

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

7,187. Posted:

Its all about the graphics

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

7,188. Posted:

Story for me. Maybe its cause I grew up during the NES era and the graphics didnt leave much to the imagination so alot of companies had to have a good story, for example RPGS. But yeah I dont care how bad the game's graphics are as long as it has an engrossing story I am a satisfied gamer. How else can I explain playing World of Warcraft all these years? :P

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Dashtag

7,189. Posted:

Well... MOST important... story. However, music, graphics, and gameplay are all important to me. In fact, a lot of the reason I love Awakening. It has great graphics(for 3DS), AMAZING music, a clever story, a TON of replay value, and smart, fun gameplay. There really aren't too many other games I've played that are that great, so yeah, a balance of all elements for me, in a way.

Edited on by Dashtag

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

"I'd not open that if I were you. My mortis glyphs have proven to be surprisingly effective in the past."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter: KiDasharus

AuthorMessage

Blaze

7,190. Posted:

Music, music and music. I seriously don't think its possible to recreate what music can do for a videogame in any other way, just think how lame the Persona games would be without that awesome music. :*

Oh and story is definitely second.

The Blazeloggery~
Mah Animelist~

3DS Friend Code: 4914-4746-2130 | Nintendo Network ID: MiracleBlaze

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

7,191. Posted:

If we're not gonna say gameplay then probably music, I love listening to video game tracks so a bad sound track can honestly be a deal breaker sometimes.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

PKNoUsernameHere

7,192. Posted:

Story all the way! :P

Buying: SSB4 (Wii U, 3DS bought), Pokemon OR/AS (3DS) The Wonderful 101 (Wii U), DKC: Tropical Freeze (Wii U), Rune Factory 4 (3DS)
Backlog
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ CLICK NAOW OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
A Place
Formerly NoUsernameHere and PSI_King.
HYRULE WARRIORZ: FABULOUS SIMULATOR 2014

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

7,193. Posted:

Aside from gameplay I would have to say the Atmosphere. Games that create unique atmospheres that bring their worlds to life is really what gets me attached to the game. The reason I like Donkey Kong Country, Super Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime, and other games is just how the make you feel connected to the world in the game. The main reason I prefer Super Mario Galaxy 1 over 2 is the Comet Observatory and the dark space feel of the levels in the first game.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

Squid

7,194. Posted:

Um, maybe graphics, but more specifically just straight up visual appeal. Like, I can always appreciate older games where the graphics aren't technically as good, but honestly any modern game with good, clean graphics is always intriguing. I'm not saying that in a game, better graphics > worse graphics, though. Nothing really hits home for me than more modern games with crisp pixels, like Mighty Switch Force or that new Epic Mickey game on 3DS. Sound and music certainly go a long way, too. Nothing that angers (and annoys) me more than repetitive music or games that use the same songs over and over.

A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
Long live the King of Pop!
Ze Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

7,195. Posted:

I'm a huge sucker for story/atmosphere in games. Draw me in with a good story and I'll forgive shoddy gameplay. I know, I'm bad.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

7,196. Posted:

I love a good Story. BUT, I don't expect/require every game to have one

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

7,197. Posted:

I love it when a game has a good, engaging story line so that's my choice. Sound would be a close second as a good soundtrack can often help to make a game more memorable.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

7,198. Posted:

Story.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

Brotagonist

7,199. Posted:

An immersive atmosphere, gripping story and complex characters are all it takes to get me hooked on a game!

No one touches my precious Nanako!
A man chooses, a slave obeys! - Andrew Ryan

Currently Playing: The Last of Us, Pokemon X

AuthorMessage

rayword45

7,200. Posted:

Music. It makes it so much more immersive. A crappy story is passable, same with crappy graphics. Audiophiles can't go without a great soundtrack.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

Sorry, this topic has been locked.