Forums

Topic: Question of the Day

Posts 5,726 to 5,745 of 8,464

k8sMum

if it ain't broke, don't fix it. all the reasons against this idea are well pointed out by previous posters.

the only thing i rather miss are the country flags available on forum posts.

Switch friend code: SW-2516-0773-8992
Dream Addy: DA-3238-0526-8917

StarBoy91

No, for the very good reasons the previous users have stated

Edited on by StarBoy91

To each their own

CanisWolfred

Lun wrote:

No, but a join date and post count under avatars wouldn't hurt.

It actually would. It would perpetuate the amount of pointless forum games. And we're down to the 4 best ones, too! I'd prefer it if we kept it that way!

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

shingi_70

I Would.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Tasuki

PurpleLink wrote:

Question #313: Would you be interested in a thread/forum leveling-type system on NintendoLife? (Kinda like if you post 50 times your Rank: Whatever, then at 100 Posts, your Rank: Double Whatever)

Ummmm not only no but hell no. Seriously when you have that implanted in a forum then troll threads and post get waaaay out of hand. Plus than you have people posting one word responses that make up a sentence just so they can increase their post count.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Pogocoop

Not untill we get a PM system of some sort... After that , then Sure.

3DS FC: 0774-4269-5253Name:Tony

Nintendo network ID : Pogocoop

Obsesive Vocaloid fan.

theblackdragon

no. that kind of thing nets other forums all kinds of newbies who spam nonsense comments in order to get their 'rank' up. eff that, I'm happy without it. :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Birdman

No. I can't fully formulate any thoughts as to why that would be bad, so here are some fragments below:
Would turn forums into more of a game than a true forum
Isolates new forum members
Turns veteran forumers into arrogant people who feel their opinion matters more than others
I don't know how high up I'd be in that system (and I'd rather not know)
I like the forums how they are now (for the most part, but I can get over other people's posting styles)
What about chat usage? Would that be incorporated into the rank? (I never use it so that would also make me feel lesser than I think I am here)

Edited on by Birdman

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

EvilRegal

While I love the idea of being a Level 99 pegasus , I don't like it for a a lot of the reasons Birdman13 mentioned. I've been a newbie at forums with leveling, and newcomers are often made to feel unwelcome, and their posts/ideas disregarded. The lack of one here is probably a reason I've stuck around here as long as I have (even then I lurked for a long time). I'm reluctant to become involved in a new place when I don't know how I'll be treated. So, I think NL got it right there!

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

CanisWolfred

FluttershyGuy wrote:

While I love the idea of being a Level 99 pegasus , I don't like it for a a lot of the reasons Birdman13 mentioned. I've been a newbie at forums with leveling, and newcomers are often made to feel unwelcome, and their posts/ideas disregarded.

That happens anywhere, just because you're new, unfortunately. I do it sometimes without thinking about it, too - I'll have to reread threads because I've realized I skipped over the people I didn't know. It's not like it's on purpose, it's just natural.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

theblackdragon

Order-Sol wrote:

It's not like it's on purpose, it's just natural.

It shouldn't be, and that's the point. a 'level' or 'ranking' system would just make that sort of thing worse.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

theblackdragon wrote:

Order-Sol wrote:

It's not like it's on purpose, it's just natural.

It shouldn't be, and that's the point. a 'level' or 'ranking' system would just make that sort of thing worse.

Fair enough. I never meant to say it didn't, just that it still happens on some level regardless.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

V8_Ninja

Response to Question #313: No. Not only do "Leveling Systems" for forums sound like a stupid idea, but they can encourage people being stupid and spamming comments to enlarge their completely metaphorical naughty-bits. If you're going to enlarge ANYTHING, shouldn't it be something that is physical and can change your IRL social status?

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

Chrono_Cross

Considering GameFaqs does a lot things NL should do, it wouldn't hurt. You don't have to pay attention to it. It's just there mainly to show how long users have been there and how active they are.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

CanisWolfred

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

Considering GameFaqs does a lot things NL should do, it wouldn't hurt. You don't have to pay attention to it. It's just there mainly to show how long users have been there and how active they are.

Some people abuse the system, though. (once again, stupid people prevent us from having nice things, I know) Spamming's already against the rules, but I'm sure the mods don't need more work, you know?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.