Forums

Topic: Question of the Day

Posts 4,776 to 4,795 of 8,464

Birdman

Pretend like I didn't hear him/her and keep on walking. I know that sounds fairly mean, but I'm sure most of them would just use my money for booze. Also, I've heard they can live on change.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

TikiTong

I'd give him a small amount of change, like 5 $. But if it was hobo Mario, i would've said " Stay away from dem mushrooms Mario, i dont care if Toad says they're magic!!!!!!!!!!!"

Microsoft ain't got nothing on Nintendo!!!!!!

k8sMum

interesting perspectives people have on the homeless.

Switch friend code: SW-2516-0773-8992
Dream Addy: DA-3238-0526-8917

CanisWolfred

Birdman13 wrote:

Pretend like I didn't hear him/her and keep on walking. I know that sounds fairly mean, but I'm sure most of them would just use my money for booze.

That, and I don't believe in charity. I'd rather support something that makes a difference in the long run.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Shining-Void

I feel so bad when i don't have money for them... but i don't have a source of income.

Shining-Void

Nintendo Network ID: Eternal-Cyprees

LordTendoboy

GundamMac wrote:

I don't believe in charity.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

Retro_on_theGo

I don't trust humanity. I usually fear the person is just faking it for change( I've encountered people like this and also have my friends.) or they'll just spend on something that wouldn't help as much as something else. I know I probably seem like a bad person because of this but oh well.
As hypocritical as it sounds I'm sad to see other people aren't more charitable.

pikku

Birdman13 wrote:

Pretend like I didn't hear him/her and keep on walking. I know that sounds fairly mean, but I'm sure most of them would just use my money for booze. Also, I've heard they can live on change.

Yeah, that's why you don't give them the money, you buy the $5 game for them

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

Reala

I'd make a donation in their name in sponsoring a panda and bring them the pictures they send.

Reala

k8sMum

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I don't trust humanity. I usually fear the person is just faking it for change( I've encountered people like this and also have my friends.) or they'll just spend on something that wouldn't help as much as something else. I know I probably seem like a bad person because of this but oh well.
As hypocritical as it sounds I'm sad to see other people aren't more charitable.

you are right: it does sound hypocritical.

Reala wrote:

I'd make a donation in their name in sponsoring a panda and bring them the pictures they send.

well, that would sure help them.

Edited on by k8sMum

Switch friend code: SW-2516-0773-8992
Dream Addy: DA-3238-0526-8917

Reala

k8sMum wrote:

well, that would sure help them.

Thank you I gave that one a lot of thought.

Reala

HistoricKombat

If he looked like a bum, I would just continue walking...otherwise, I would ask the person what do they need the money for and just buy what they need if I feel it is reasonable request.

HistoricKombat

GamerforGod

I've given my money to help homeless people who have approached me on the streets before. It's true, they may not need the money. For all I know, they may have taken it and bought drugs or something like that. But we also have to ask ourselves what if they do need the money. Of course my belief in Jesus heavily influences me in this area. As I see it, when I die and stand before God, I'm not going to be held responsible for how a homeless person handled his money, but I am going to be responsible for whether or not I helped the homeless. But you do have to use discernment, and there are other ways to help the homeless than to just walk around on the streets handing out money. The main point though, I believe, according to the Bible, is that we should give to the homeless.

Psalm 19:14 "Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in your sight O Lord my strength and my redeemer." :)
The Godloggery I finally finished my backloggery!!!! WOOHOO!!!! :) lol
[url=ht...

LordTendoboy

GamerforGod wrote:

I've given my money to help homeless people who have approached me on the streets before. It's true, they may not need the money. For all I know, they may have taken it and bought drugs or something like that. But we also have to ask ourselves what if they do need the money. Of course my belief in Jesus heavily influences me in this area. As I see it, when I die and stand before God, I'm not going to be held responsible for how a homeless person handled his money, but I am going to be responsible for whether or not I helped the homeless. But you do have to use discernment, and there are other ways to help the homeless than to just walk around on the streets handing out money. The main point though, I believe, according to the Bible, is that we should give to the homeless.

Food is more important than money. You can't eat money. well you could, but you'd surely get sick from it

[...

GamerforGod

LordTendoboy wrote:

GamerforGod wrote:

Food is more important than money. You can't eat money. well you could, but you'd surely get sick from it

This is why I mentioned that there are other ways of helping the homeless. Giving food to the homeless is a great way to help them, as is giving money.

Psalm 19:14 "Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in your sight O Lord my strength and my redeemer." :)
The Godloggery I finally finished my backloggery!!!! WOOHOO!!!! :) lol
[url=ht...

Corbs

There was a homeless man sleeping in the alley behind our hotel at E3 last June. Very sad to see. Guy had a torn up old blanket and his shoes were falling apart so I bought him some tennis shoes and a new blanket at Macy's. Brought him a burger each time we ate. Felt very sorry for the guy. Nobody should have to sleep on the concrete of a cold, dark alley, I don't care what they did to get there.

Plain old gamer :)

Link977

Magic-Wind wrote:

I feel so bad when i don't have money for them... but i don't have a source of income.

I know how that feels, but I have a job and it seems that every time someone asks me for change, I have none, but then when I have a pocket full of change, no one seems to bother me >.>

Corbs wrote:

Nobody should have to sleep on the concrete of a cold, dark alley, I don't care what they did to get there.

With ya on that one! I'd hate to be in their shoes.

Anyways... Question #261: What is the longest time you've gone without showering/bathing?

Formerly PurpleLink, RedLink & OrdonianLink
Getting a Gold Mushroom on Rainbow Road is just asking to lose!
Backloggery
Question of the Day

3DS Friend Code: 5412-9901-0836 | Nintendo Network ID: Link977

Noire

Seven days, three hours, ten minutes, seventeen seconds; colloquially known as the Unclean Week.

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

LordTendoboy

Over 9000 seconds / minutes / hours / days / weeks / months!!! take your pick

Seriously though, I've gone one whole day, if I feel too tired or lazy to take a shower. I actually hate feeling unclean.

I always take a shower before work and when I know my girlfriend is coming over.

Edited on by LordTendoboy

[...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.