General Discussion Forum

Topic: Power Rangers MegaForce

Showing 1 to 12 of 12

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MickeyTheGreat

1. Posted:

What do YOU think of the new season so far?

I caught the second episode last night, LOVED IT!

PS: PINK IS MY FAAAAVORITE! (Ranger)

Edited on by MickeyTheGreat

Formerly MickMick and Mickey. Now I'm MickeyTheGreat again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

If I haven't posted in awhile, it's probably because I'm with friends.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter: TheMercuryMouse

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveBoy

2. Posted:

I was a big fan of the original 'Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers back in 93', well...The first season that is. Once they replaced Jason, Zack and Trini during the mid point of the 2nd season i gradually started to lose interest. The 3rd season was basically all american footage and by that point it just got really old...I Didn't care whatsover for Zeo, Turbo wasn't any better, In Space kind of had me hooked, but after that i lost ALL interest in the series.

Anyways, I've seen the first episode of Mega Force....And overall my feelings are a bit mixed. First of all the acting from the red ranger is atrocious! He's thee WORST actor I've ever seen in the series.... I can't believe they'd let this crap slide. I guess hiring a 'pretty boy' martial artist comes first over acting chops. Really, you could pick anybody off the street and they could dish out a better performance which would most likely be oscar worthy in comparison. He's abnormally robotic, lifeless and extremely mono tone! Hell, the yellow Ranger is trailing not too far behind. Red and Yellow had me cringing. Makes you realise how much better Jason, Zack and Kimberlly were in the original series!

That aside, instead of Zordon and Alpha, we have a Hawaiin Tiki hea with no facial movements and a Clumsy ghetto version of Wall-E.lol The new juice bar looks awful....The set pieces in this show are drab, cheap, colorless, extremely bland and minimalistic and don't stand out whatsoever like they did in Mighty Morphin either. It feels like the budget took a bit of a nose dive.

The coolest addition I'd say is the Black ranger having a Snake Zord. :p Also, the lack of Bulk and Skull(Or spike) is a let down.
Still, I'd take this over Super Samurai any day of the week.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80's FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Svengoolie

3. Posted:

I'm really intrigued by the series and really enjoyed the first episode, but the 2nd fell flat. There's just too much fighting. Power Rangers was always mostly made up of human drama, while the end would have them finally "morph" and take out the bad guys. Now it's like 2/3 of the show is fighting, so there's barely any character development. It also doesn't help that they're REALLY terrible actors.

I'm with you in that I love the pink ranger though.

Svengoolie

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

4. Posted:

Svengoolie wrote:

It also doesn't help that they're REALLY terrible actors.

The series has had terrible actors for years now...actually, it started out with bad actors that gradually got better, and for a while had pretty good ones, but now it seems to have gotten a lot worse. I caught an episode of what I think was from last season, and the acting through the whole episode made me cringe. The rest was still the Power Rangers I remember, but the acting kinda ruined it for me. Good thing I'm not the target audience, though. :P However, I don't believe even kids aren't smart enough to notice when their acting is bad...

EDIT: Oh dear. I checked the TV guide...it was Power Rangers Megaforce that I saw...wow, then I agree with you guys, the acting this season sucks. I still stand by what I said earlier, though. The acting's been getting worse these past few years.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

5. Posted:

Samurai wasnt good so I don't have faith in this. Top bad because I liked the Gosei rangers and Goaki rangers series megafprce will be based on.

Place. To tune in for the MegaForce version of the Sentai Legend War but that's about it.

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Svengoolie

6. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Svengoolie wrote:

It also doesn't help that they're REALLY terrible actors.

The series has had terrible actors for years now...actually, it started out with bad actors that gradually got better, and for a while had pretty good ones, but now it seems to have gotten a lot worse. I caught an episode of what I think was from last season, and the acting through the whole episode made me cringe. The rest was still the Power Rangers I remember, but the acting kinda ruined it for me. Good thing I'm not the target audience, though. :P However, I don't believe even kids aren't smart enough to notice when their acting is bad...

EDIT: Oh dear. I checked the TV guide...it was Power Rangers Megaforce that I saw...wow, then I agree with you guys, the acting this season sucks. I still stand by what I said earlier, though. The acting's been getting worse these past few years.

Heh yeah. I mean I'm not expecting Oscar quality acting from Power Rangers, but these guys are just really bad at reading their lines. It really is like they casted completely based on looks/athletic ability rather than any acting skills.

Svengoolie

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TysonOfTime

7. Posted:

I actually liked Dino Thunder and Jungle Fury; they were the best season's of PR in recent history, and Mystic Force and SPD weren't bad.

Samurai though? SAMURAI?! Samurai was AWFUL. The acting was the lowest of the low. I have no faith in Saban if THIS is what they do once they reacquired Power Rangers.

Edited on by TysonOfTime

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Retro_on_theGo

8. Posted:

@TysonOfTime Jungle Fury was pretty bad. Wild Force was way better. I agree on Dino Thunder though. It was pretty good. Especially with Tommy back. That was cool!

I've noticed Saban in general is getting pretty dang crappy. Samurai and now Digimon Fusion dub being THE worst Digimon dub ever.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

9. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

....and now Digimon Fusion dub being THE worst Digimon dub ever.

Even worse than Digimon The Movie's dub?

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Retro_on_theGo

10. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

....and now Digimon Fusion dub being THE worst Digimon dub ever.

Even worse than Digimon The Movie's dub?

Hmm... ..
..Yes.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

11. Posted:

I just watched the English trailer...I could not stop giggling. Yeah, it's terrible, but it's the kind of voice acting I used to expect from anime back in the '90s and early '00s. In fact, some of the voices sounded familiar. I think they hired some former 4Kids employees. XD

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TysonOfTime

12. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I just watched the English trailer...I could not stop giggling. Yeah, it's terrible, but it's the kind of voice acting I used to expect from anime back in the '90s and early '00s. In fact, some of the voices sounded familiar. I think they hired some former 4Kids employees. XD

Now I went and watched it.

:'(

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime