Forums

Topic: Positive of the Day

Posts 2,561 to 2,580 of 3,112

CanisWolfred

I thought my iPod Touch (Gen 2)'s headphone jack had gone, but it turned out to just be my headphones, which I already had a spare pair of. Pheewph Now I can keep this baby for a good while longer.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Yoshi

CanisWolfred wrote:

I thought my iPod Touch (Gen 2)'s headphone jack had gone, but it turned out to just be my headphones, which I already had a spare pair of. Pheewph Now I can keep this baby for a good while longer.

Talk about an outdated little sucker. I couldn't wait to upgrade from my 2nd Gen iPod Touch to iPhone.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Auracle

I got all of the achievements in Portal! Those extra challenges were really tough, but I finally beat 'em.
I feel so Science right now!

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

LyIa

I slipped up and my girlfriend got mad at me. I'm hella relieved we were able to sort everything out. I am deathly afraid of losing her. ;u;

all men are kings 👑

Kewlan

Cyb3Rnite wrote:

I slipped up and my girlfriend got mad at me. I'm hella relieved we were able to sort everything out. I am deathly afraid of losing her. ;u;

Does she know that you have a 3D Custom Girl (don't google it) as an avatar?
Just kidding ._.

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Ideal_Hero

Last night, my Tae Kwon Do class had its first in-house tournament. I managed to win first place in both sparring and forms. It was a cool experience and a lot of fun.

The Hero of Ideals: A Legend, by True_Hero
I believe that once one has spotted a UFO it becomes an IFO(Identif...

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8724-1357 | Nintendo Network ID: Ideal_Hero

Kewlan

I got all achievements on Plants vs. Zombies!

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

larry_koopa

I'm getting through my first Masters course!

My game library ranges from Mario Kart to Call of Duty to Tales of Xillia to Diablo 3 to Forza. To me gaming is about having fun - not blindly supporting only one company while thumbing your nose at "the evil other systems."

Yoshi

I wrote this a few days ago in the Disappointment thread.

brewsky wrote:

I was hoping to sign the lease this week for the place I wanted, but it's not going to happen. I've complied with their draconian application process (really, they have the most asinine requirements) and they haven't gotten in touch with me. Meanwhile, the place is still up for grabs and I'm stuck helpless. I'm really hoping I can get this out of the way next week so I can finalize expenses.

Anyways, I contacted them yesterday and the property manager (fancy name for landlord ) emailed me today saying I was approved for my place! I honestly thought I wouldn't and that I would have to go through some ridiculous process to actually get approved. She said they can hold the place until 5 PM tomorrow for me to sign the lease, but that wouldn't be possible because I live four hours away. Fortunately, she gave me the option of her scanning and emailing the lease to me so I can sign it and then overnight the documents along with the security deposit. But, she hasn't emailed the lease yet, so I'm hoping they hold the place longer so I can sign it and mail it tomorrow. (It's 10 PM my time, by the way)

I'm excited! The moment I've been waiting seven months for is about to come to pass. Just a few more weeks. I'm almost there....

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Magikarp3

I recently got a job, signed a contract and everything but now the organiser has just dropped all contact with me. I suspect that they just don't want me anymore, which I would be more okay with if I didn't clear up my schedule for the job (and if they had actually decided to tell me instead of leaving me in limbo)

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

Veloster

Jollykarp wrote:

I recently got a job, signed a contract and everything but now the organiser has just dropped all contact with me. I suspect that they just don't want me anymore, which I would be more okay with if I didn't clear up my schedule for the job (and if they had actually decided to tell me instead of leaving me in limbo)

(First off, congrats!)

Sometimes it feels like they're blanking you completely, but honestly, you're probably just feeling that way becuase of how eager you are. I bet if they hadn't made contact for only 24 hours you'd feel like they had just forgotten about you. I'm sure you'll hear from them soon.

The greatest scene in T.V history

3DS Friend Code: 3454-0036-0357

Inkling

Not many positives today for me, except finding out that I might be able to go to Hyper Japan

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Magikarp3

Veloster wrote:

Jollykarp wrote:

(First off, congrats!)

Sometimes it feels like they're blanking you completely, but honestly, you're probably just feeling that way becuase of how eager you are. I bet if they hadn't made contact for only 24 hours you'd feel like they had just forgotten about you. I'm sure you'll hear from them soon.

Whoops, this was meant to go in the disappointment thread

they have about 2 more days to contact me before I'm due to start (note they never finished training me), which almost certainly means they dropped me. Also, I was totally not eager. They were a terrible, terrible company, so I can just be glad I didn't have to work for them in the end! (sour grapes, I know)

Edited on by Magikarp3

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

lamco

School is almost over, i'm possibly going to hyper japan, my dad promised to get me a wii u and i'm going to a school trip for a week, which will be cool because only 8 other students are going whom i am on neutral terms with, so thats cool.

I have a ghost type safari with phanump +shuppet +?

3DS Friend Code: 4527-8492-5215 | Nintendo Network ID: Difficvlt

mamp

After finally catching up after years and years of not watching, I finally saw the mother from How I Met Your Mother. She was everything I dreamt she'd be

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

edhe

A positive for yesterday - on my 12 mile bike journey home, about halfway, I saw a dog loose walking down the kerb of a main road. I think it might have been a corgi.

I followed it up the road a little, and it turned down a cul-de-sac. I knocked on a few doors asking if anyone could recognise it, but no one did. I thought maybe someone could take it in and phone the RSPCA or just let me pass the burden onto them, but of the two people I saw, one was allergic to dogs, and the other one had a house of cats and barking dogs, so that probably wouldn't be the right environment.

I asked the second person to look after my bike (we chained it up to a post on her porch), I picked up the dog, and started going out of the estate and back up the road. Apparently, there was a vets office down the road, but I decided to take the dog the other way, in the direction I originally saw it running from.

I passed a few people, asking them if they recognised the dog. I must have looked a right fool clutching a dog, shouting across the busy road (in some cases), but I was desperate. Like I said, I had biked about 6 miles (it was a warmish day), and now I has carrying a fairy heavy small dog up a road. No on recognised it, naturally.

The dog was very docile throughout. She kept licking my face and she didn't bark once. I did notice her paws were shaking a bit - whether I was imagining it or not, she might have been a bit nervous. I wanted to keep hold of it at all times, and not risk it running away, but I did have to place her on the ground at times so I could get a firmer grip.

So I knocked on a few doors. Of about 5 houses I checked, 3 were empty (there were cars outside, but no-one answered - the lights were off as well - I was beginning to worry that I looked like some sort of burglar), and two didn't recognise the dog. On the second of those, an old lady opened the door. I talked about what I planned to do - that is, phone the RSPCA (the vets office was a bit too far to carry it now), but she said there lived next door some people who had dogs. She offered to take the dog in so we could phone the RSPCA if it was necessary, but I said I'd take the dog further up the road, and even then, if it didn't prove fruitful, I'd borrow their phone. Along with the irrational fear in the back of my head that I didn't want to look like some sort of burglar, I didn't want to enter this old lady's home. She seemed too trusting for her own good.

I had a look next door, and there was no-one in.

I kept going though, and rang the bell of the house beyond another cul-de-sac (it may have been 2 doors away). A young woman came to the door and she gasped at the dog. In my mind, I was a bit more sceptical than I should have been, but she called one of her house mates, a young man and I returned the dog. Apparently it had escaped from the garden. We talked about where and how I came to find it, I asked if I could borrow a phone so I could phone home to say I was going to be late.

I made the call, and meanwhile, the other young man came back to me with a £5 note as thanks. I accepted it graciously (though I didn't pick up the dog and walk about for 30 minutes because I thought I'd get some money out of it), and went back down the road, and to my bike on the estate.

My bike was still there, of course, I rang the doorbell of the house, just to notify them that I'll be unlocking my bike and taking it away, told them I'd found the owners, and set off back home.

It made up for the rest of the day - I'd got a puncture on my bike and had to walk it for approximately 2 miles (by google maps). It was too early to get it repaired, so I just locked it up until I could take it in somewhere. When I did, the puncture repair cost £12, but I think they may have done something to my gears - they keep skipping. Also a bit of my sole kept flapping about on the bottom of my shoe.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.