Forums

Topic: Positive of the Day

Posts 2,141 to 2,160 of 3,112

HankLangley

I found a penny. Thats pretty much is the most positive thing on this thread, dontcha think?

real Italian meatballs are made by real Italian meatball men.

Used to be Doge

3DS Friend Code: 3394-3778-3936 | Nintendo Network ID: Gansano

CanisWolfred

bought the computer I had been keeping an eye on for a while now, except I got a deal to get a free upgrade to an i7 Quad Core for the same price as the i5. That's a $200 difference for no extra charge. Now I just gotta wait a week for it to arrive so I can test it out.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Mickey

Gioku wrote:

So I'm going to meet my Grandma's new dog today, as some of you might remember. But... she changed his name. Now he's Barry. (Hope you're not too disappointed, @Mickey!)

Pfft, it's fine, bro. I'll be fine. Why would you think I wouldn't be fine with this? I'm totally fine with this.
Untitled

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

CanisWolfred

Shouldn't take more than a few seconds to realize why.

Seriously, I don't know why Gundam models are randomly cameo'd in a Linkin Park video from 2003, but I'm not complaining. Especially since they're some of my favorite models. Seriously, all of a sudden I deeply regret not getting the Sazabi toy as a kid. I probably would've loved that one.

...actually, all of a sudden all those Linkin Park anime AMVs make sense...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CanisWolfred

^Awesome! I forgot that they're continuing that series. Hope it's as good as the previous seasons.

As a continuation of my previous post, I also found out that Studio Gonzo animated one of their music videos in 2004. And this time the song doesn't completely suck: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2H4l9RpkwM

Again, the fact that like, 50% of Anime AMVs feature Linkin Park or similar bands suddenly makes sense.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

LzWinky

CanisWolfred wrote:

I finally re-found the anime opening where a guy flies with wings attatched to his comically-censored wee-wee, reads dirty magazines, and angels fire nuclear explosives at his crotch. My day has been made!

Sounds like an awful hentai

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

CanisWolfred

Unca_Lz wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I finally re-found the anime opening where a guy flies with wings attatched to his comically-censored wee-wee, reads dirty magazines, and angels fire nuclear explosives at his crotch. My day has been made!

Sounds like an awful hentai

Obviously you're not familiar with Hentai...I envy you

Also of interesting note: Turns out one of the band members of Linkin Park is half Japanese-American. That might explain the above music videos? Like I think in the first one, that might have actually been someone's room. Not entirely sure.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Magikarp3

I remember back in Linkin's Park's early days I felt a lot of their videos looked anime-esque. The Points of Authority video looked like it came straight from a Final Fantasy cutscene!

As for the AMV's though, I just thought that anime-fans and existentialist-rap-metal-fans tended to be mutually exclusive. Most of my friends who liked anime were also into bands like Linkin Park iirc.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

SubBronze

Setting up my Wii U, and now I'm watching Pikmin carry my Wii data down to the depths of the Wii U hard drive as I type
My copy of ZombiU also came today, so now I have two Wii U games (the other being Nintendoland), should be able to get 3D World this week, and maybe Pikmin 3 if I have the money.

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

PrincessSugoi

I always feel kind of weird talking about my Japanese Idol fandom outside of forum communities dedicated to it but the best thing happened today. I was involved in a group project with other international fans to send a message book to my favorite Idol for her birthday. We worked on it for two months and it's always tricky finding even one person with enough knowledge of the language to be able to translate English text in Japanese but we lucked out and got two on board. We sent the book to her a few weeks ago (her birthday was on the 7th) and while I knew not to get my hopes up too much that she'd even acknowledge receiving it I was getting a little downtrodden every time I checked her G+ updates and there was no mention of the book.

I didn't check her G+ yesterday but today I checked it and she was holding the book! In her post, she thanked everyone multiple times saying she'd read every message and treasure them. I feel like such a fangirl but this made my entire week, I couldn't be happier right now.

Current Playlist: Age of Calamity, Stardew Valley, ACNH

Hopeless permanent resident of Idol Hell.

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2503-1604 | Nintendo Network ID: sasamitails

CanisWolfred

@PrincessSugoi - Wow, that sounds really cool. It was nice that you guys worked on the book, and I'm glad she appreciated it.

Jollykarp wrote:

I remember back in Linkin's Park's early days I felt a lot of their videos looked anime-esque. The Points of Authority video looked like it came straight from a Final Fantasy cutscene!

As for the AMV's though, I just thought that anime-fans and existentialist-rap-metal-fans tended to be mutually exclusive. Most of my friends who liked anime were also into bands like Linkin Park iirc.

I just looked up the Points of Authority video. That was pretty cool. I'm surprised to see that supposedly it was inspired by parts of The Spirits Within...I never thought that movie would ever inspire anything even remotely positive or interesting. Mind=Blown. (granted I can only find that info on Wikipedia, but still, it kinda makes sense)

And that's kinda what I meant. I had forgotten that a lot of anime fans around that time would've been the kind of angst-ridden teenagers that Linkin Park caters to, thus making anime like Evangelion, Ghost in the Shell, and even Gundam sort of kinda popular at the time. It makes sense that they'd have a fondness for their type of music.

Still, I think it's cool that a fairly mainstream band (I couldn't get away from their music in Middle school) actually had a large enough anime fanbase at one time to get away with doing some pretty anime-ish music videos.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

HankLangley

Got a Gameboy micro, only half the price of the average on ebay! w/ Kirby and the amazing mirror

real Italian meatballs are made by real Italian meatball men.

Used to be Doge

3DS Friend Code: 3394-3778-3936 | Nintendo Network ID: Gansano

sugarpixel

Yay! I got my laptop charger working!
Fiddled with it some more, figured out by bending the wire right behind the plug, I got it to work! ...it's still gonna need to be replaced but at least it works!

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

I got signed up for two Continuing Ed. courses over at the closest community college: Intro to Japanese History and Intro to Japanese Language. I doubt either will be too intensive, but if I can handle them, I might be able to take the full Japanese course at the college and learn Japanese like I always wanted!

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

GuSolarFlare

ok so my second year at college starts next week... it's kinda good because I was getting bored but it's bad because it was too sudden I mean, I decide to check Facebook after months for no reason at all(don't know what led me into using that trash again but good thing I did) to discover from a friend(one that can be trusted) that I only have one week left for vacations!?!?!?

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Magikarp3

Grammy Performances this year were fantastic. Robin Thicke with Chicago was so unexpected but it's great to hear all those old songs again. There are some pretty awesome pairings this year, like Metallica with Lang Lang and Kendrick Lamar with Imagine Dragons. I can't remember the last time I actually got excited for award show performances haha

EDIT: Slight amendment here because my day got even more positive. I'm a huge hip hop fan and Kendrick Lamar is one of my favourite acts thanks to his new album, but I'm not all that mad that he missed all 7 award nominations. I'm also not mad at Macklemore and Ryan Lewis, who took four of those seven awards. Both of them acknowledged each other's artistry and said they would understand if the other won. Plus, they both went incredibly hard for each of their performances.

I saw a lot of cynical stuff on the internet wondering why people should care about these superficial award shows. Well, I just witnessed two people who by all means should hate each other perform with all their hearts. One gave a rousing affirmation of love regardless of race or gender. The other revealed the harsh conditions of poverty still faced by Americans. I feel like their recognition is justified. Now I'ma lay off the internet for a while until the inevitable flame wars die down.

Edited on by Magikarp3

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.