General Discussion Forum

Topic: Positive of the Day

Showing 1,301 to 1,320 of 2,900

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

1,301. Posted:

Mickey wrote:

Mark your calendars, because today is officially the day Mickey felt great! I had a nice long talk with @Nobodys_Angel and, well, let's just say you won't see me make anymore of those mopey disappointment of the day posts. :)

I'm glad I could help, bro. :)

Edited on by GuardianKing

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,302. Posted:

So my class went to a bookstore to read out loud to people. I never picked anything to read!! I was even trying to write something right there!! In the end I decided I would just read the story we had critiqued in class that same day. I wasn't very happy with it (especially after critiquing it). but afterwards an english teacher came up to me and let me know my story made her cry! :D I was so touched!

and my girlfriend called me! Since she's in New Hampshire now ( :( ) that was actually a pretty happy point for me!

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Dark-Luigi

1,303. Posted:

@Retro_on_theGo Congrats! :)

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it myself!
My Bio. <- Created by True Hero!
The Luigiloggery <- Take a visit and leave a comment if you want.
"Don't expect mouth to mouth!" -Waluigi.
Super Mario awesomeness and here too. <- Glad to be a Mario fan.
Darkness is a thing I adore the most, it's in my blood.

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

AuthorMessage

ChrisT99

1,304. Posted:

I completed my first week of a computer programming course down at Maryland School for the Blind today. (This'll be more like Positive[s] of the Week)

On Monday, I met a bunch of new people, and so I also made a ton of new friends. I also learned the basics of programming.

On Tuesday, we started building our own basic apps that do simple things like computations and asking users for input.

On Wednesday, we learned how to create music using files built-in to the programming app.

I forget what we did in class yesterday, but at lunch my roommate provided some live music for the whole room (he's blind, btw). We also went to see the movie After Earth in the evening, then we went to get Italian Ice.

Today, it was pouring rain all day long, and so when we went to lunch, I literally sprinted halfway across the campus to where we ate lunch. After lunch, it was time to get on the bus to go home (I live over two hours away from the school).

My YouTube Channel

3DS Friend Code: 3437-3231-8348 | Nintendo Network ID: Dj64Mk7 | Twitter: dj64mk7

AuthorMessage

Varia01

1,305. Posted:

@ChrisT99: That's awesome, man! Great job!

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 3, Zelda Twilight Princess, & Metroid Other M
Hyped for: Sonic Lost World, Super Smash Bros 3DS, & Dream Team

Even though I have beaten many of the games I'm still playing, I play them not to win, but to have fun.

AuthorMessage

Varia01

1,306. Posted:

Yesterday, me and my family got our stuff into our newly rented house yesterday! Today, we spent most of the morning building me and bro's bunk bed. It was hard and stressful, but it is sturdy and safe now. We got the living room cleared of all the boxes and bags and it now looks nearly finished! We are successfully getting settled in. :)

Even though I have beaten many of the games I'm still playing, I play them not to win, but to have fun.

AuthorMessage

Varia01

1,307. Posted:

@Retro_on_theGo: That is awesome man! Amazing job! ;)

AuthorMessage

ChrisT99

1,308. Posted:

@Varia01 Thanks. What was even more awesome is that most of the people that I've met have actually treated me somewhat with respect.

My YouTube Channel

3DS Friend Code: 3437-3231-8348 | Nintendo Network ID: Dj64Mk7 | Twitter: dj64mk7

AuthorMessage

RR529

1,309. Posted:

Sometime last week, I mentioned a strange red bite/rash that was growing & darkening on my leg, in the Dissapointment of the Day thread.

Well, now it's all cleared up :)

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

Varia01

1,310. Posted:

Yesterday I wrote a review on Metroid Prime (My favorite Metroid game) and the owner said (On PM) it seemed better than most reviewing pros. This is just a start to a new website the owner will be building (It is going to be named Nintendo Fanverse) for me to own (It will be similar to Nintendo Life). NL staff, your awesome reviews influenced me on my review, so thank you. :)

One of the mods who friend-ed me said if he were me, he would rather do that blog I planned about, because the owner of Wii U Cafe Forums has been known to spam on his own website. On one conversation with the mod that friend-ed me, he did share a bit of secret "mutiny" with me. I don't know how to tell the owner I rather start a blog, I hate to interrupt hard work on a website, because website building is his thing and he is also giving me want I want to-- Wait... You know what.... I'll tell him that I don't want to own a website, it is too big of a job for me, especially at my age, I'll just start off with a blog. I'm not going to like telling him that though...

Note: I'm MetroidMan. The owner is Sora. The friend mod is Oblivion.

Edited on by Varia01

AuthorMessage

maxcriden

1,311. Posted:

My wife's migraine was successfully broken by the IV treatment at the ER. Yay!

Feel free to add me!

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8679-1614 | Nintendo Network ID: jenmax326

AuthorMessage

Varia01

1,312. Posted:

@maxcriden: Hey, that's great to hear!

AuthorMessage

maxcriden

1,313. Posted:

@Varia, thanks! It was a big relief because she had had it since yesterday morning. I am glad she agreed to go, it was well worth it. Only 3 hrs, not too bad.

Feel free to add me!

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

1,314. Posted:

@maxcriden That's always good to hear. :)

I didn't know people could go to the ER for a migraine though. If that was the case, I'd be stuck in the hospital and never leave (seriously, the everyday pain is numbing my everything). :(

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,315. Posted:

maxcriden wrote:

My wife's migraine was successfully broken by the IV treatment at the ER. Yay!

That's fantastic! Great to hear. :D

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

maxcriden

1,316. Posted:

Nobodys_Angel wrote:

@maxcriden That's always good to hear. :)

I didn't know people could go to the ER for a migraine though. If that was the case, I'd be stuck in the hospital and never leave (seriously, the everyday pain is numbing my everything). :(

You too, @Nobodys_Angel? My wife and I both have chronic migraines. Hers are generally well-controlled; she receives Botox injections every 3 months and that really helps. Have you looked into seeing a neurologist for your headaches? Mine are pretty bad and daily. I've tried a lot of daily prophylactic medications but to no avail as of yet. They are thinking about bringing me in for a 4-5 day hospitalization to try this IV medication called DHE and I am a little concerned but if it could help I would try it.

P.S. Just in case you are curious, when you go to the ER for a migraine they typically give you an IV medication to "break" the headache. It is sort of effective for my migraines and has been very effective for my wife's the majority of the time she has had to go to the ER for a headache.

@Retro_on_theGo, thanks man!

Feel free to add me!

AuthorMessage

JGMR

1,317. Posted:

Listening to Black Sabbath's latest album "13". I am absolutely blown-away...

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,318. Posted:

LJM IS BACK! :D

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

IAmNotWill

1,319. Posted:

Ordering a Wii U later today.

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat
Formerly WhoKnew, Its-Mii-Will
PSN ID: willfuture

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,320. Posted:

GOT THE MAJORA'S MASK SOUNDTRACK CD!!!! :D

My Colors! 3D Gallery