Forums

Topic: Pokemon White 2/ Black 2

Posts 341 to 360 of 2,123

Ecto-1

I liked both Battle Fronteirs, although the PL/HG/SS one had the added bonus of online co-op. The challenges in Black and White 2 sound interesting and Battle Froneir-esque, but I for one will miss the "sparkly golden paper." I liked exploring the themepark-like Fronteirs even if I wasn't in a battling mood.

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

Raylax

^ I forgot about the online co-op, actually. PtHGSS scores another point for that

As for the sparkly golden paper; yeah, there's no Frontier brains on the left-side entrance, but the right side entrance does let you battle every gym leader and champion in the series. That's pretty shiny golden paper if you ask me Think of the AH-MAZ-UNG remixes they'll have. Or don't imagine, look it up on Youtube. I haven't but I'm sure they're epic

Edited on by Raylax

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

e-love

Vintage wrote:

Think of the AH-MAZ-UNG remixes they'll have. Or don't imagine, look it up on Youtube. I haven't but I'm sure they're epic

If their battle music is remixed I'll cry tears of joy.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Drawdler

Even then, if they had included a battle frontier, they wouldn't remove the battle subway, they would have simply incorporated it into the battle frontier like they did with D/P's battle tower.
I never wanted to imply that they would remove the Battle Subway if they added the Frontier. I simply said I wished they hadn't bothered making the Subway and bought back the Frontier. Less work. More happy fans. You seem to be the only one here that doesn't miss it.

Also, HG/SS's battle frontier is a perfect clone of Platinum's, nothing new, nothing added. It is actually quite a small and boring place when compared to the original Battle Frontier from emerald.
I actually like Emerald's more and I'm absolutely indifferent to HGSS's being a clone, but I don't see what this has to do with anything said.

And.... You can play many battle frontier-style challanges at the world tournament:

/quoted list

They aren't wraped in sparkly golden paper and lack "frontier brains", but that doesn't makes them any less interesting than battle frontiers already are.

Well, I did say as far as I know so I admit you win that, but even with a downsized area, the HGSS/DPT sounds like it's much more fun to explore than a single building.
Plus, if the World Tournament was essentially a Battle Frontier, they should have just added the Frontier and put WT in it, up its looks and polish a bit, and keep Caitlin out and in the E4(dur). It would have required very little work so they could have devoted more time to post-game content and, another thing I want back dearly, walking Pokemon(which they can just copy and paste from HGSS if they want).
With all they're doing lately, honestly, it just seems like they keep excusing themselves from having to do much new at all, which isn't that bad with a franchise like Pokemon, but the bad part is doing this while removing old favorite features for no reason. I seriously miss Slasher poking at my stomach.

Edited on by Drawdler

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

Eel

That first bit wasn't completely directed at you:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

The battle subway is still n B/W 2? (please say no. Plz)

Morphtroid wrote:

Why would they take out a functional, entertraining and completely optional battling facility on the sequels?

Nibelilt wrote:

Because the Battle Frontier is OVER 9000!% better.

See? You indirectly said you wished there was no Battle Subway because Battle Frontiers are 9000!% better. I said they would have simply added the BS to the BF if they had added one.

Then there's this bit:

Rensch wrote:

@Nibelitt HG/SS is by far the best one.

I meant, to say that you can't say "HG/SS" is the best one because it is just cloned from Platinum.

Don't get me wrong, that battle frontier was fun to explore, but Emerald's had the battle Pyramid and Meowth, and that means it wins by default.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Drawdler

Oh. Okay then.

I just want to clarify when I say I would've not made the BSubway I wouldn't have bothered with it for number 1. I can understand it returning for number 2, but only because they made it in the first place.

But in any case, after re-playing my old Platinum, finding a few old starters, fixing up my team and getting a nostalgia rush from it, I've officially lost all and any incentive I had to buy these games. Post-game is still butchered, no walking Pokemon, and unable to transfer them back if I want to? No thanks. I'll just wait and see what game they make next. If it's just a Unova game in 3D, I'm skipping it. Unova is easily the worst region yet, IMO.

I would have easily gotten it if they had added a feature for sending old Pokemon to Gen IV.

if anyone wants a HGSS match, just PM my Backloggery. Only restriction is no legendaries and Level 50 Battle(for now ).

Whelp... I'm gone from this thread! /N used Run Away!

Edited on by Drawdler

Eel

Would you rather have them not releasing them at all like they did with many Diamond/Pearl's event pokemon?

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Rensch

@Morhptroid: They did release them all, just not all of them over Wi-FI.

Anywat I'm gonna download that and send it to my English Black 1 game, which I'm only missing a few event pokémon in.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

Drawdler

I'm okay with this... At least this means everyone can get them. There actually was a movie Arceus released for English countries but it was in-store only so most places didn't get it. Yes, they have made every Pokemon event available in Gen IV actually, except Deoxys I think, who needs more releases anyway.

Marakuto

Tengoku wrote:

Really Gamefreak.
Untitled
Releasing all three of the secret mons in one year.

What's the rush?

Pokemon R/S remake could be made, too much hints including the music trumpet sounds in the soundtrack.

3DS games:

Mario Kart 7

Zelda OoT 3D

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars

Pokemon Black FC: 2666 2484 8599

Kid Icarus Uprising

Heroes of Ruin
and more.

Crime doesn't pay, unless you are really good at it then those who are legal criminals ...

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2450-6702

Rensch

Why don't they make these event Pokémon available forever. For all I care they make it paid DLC. The gaping holes in my otherwise 100% completed Pokédex are agonising.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

Hokori

Also genosect not in B/W is weird

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

Retro_on_theGo

>:3 Release date is Oct. 7th.
Since we're getting closer to launch day this was going to be revived sooner or later, so bumped it. Pretty important news too: Move Tutor returns in B/W2. I hate that they took it out in B/W so I'm glad to see it's return. Been playing a lot of Black recently so I'm hyped for these games.

Joeynator3000

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Since we're getting closer to launch day this was going to be revived sooner or later, so bumped it. Pretty important news too: Move Tutor returns in B/W2. I hate that they took it out in B/W so I'm glad to see it's return. Been playing a lot of Black recently so I'm hyped for these games.

They did? I thought that Tutor family house thing was it...lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Happy_Mask

I want the berry master! :3

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Retro_on_theGo

Eureka wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

[/div]

They did? I thought that Tutor family house thing was it...lol

Nah, all they do is remember moves you got rid of and delete moves.

Joeynator3000

Oh yeah...i swear I could remember something about move tutors. xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Brutapode89

I'll buy the Black 2 version!

AKA Jamba001, FRpokefan, Dracolosse89, Drattak89 & Scarhino89.
Friend Safari: Ground-type with Marowak, Palpitoad & Wooper.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5281-6768 | Nintendo Network ID: Jamba001

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.