Forums

Topic: Pokemon White 2/ Black 2

Posts 301 to 320 of 2,123

Shotgunryugan

Rensch wrote:

And guess what, there's a held item in BW2 that makes them less rare!

What really? that's just stupid,way to ruin the fun of shinies >.>

Pokemon X-Electric Safari: Pikachu/Pachirisu/Luxio
http://brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com/images/WaluigiAndSushi.png

3DS Friend Code: 3625-8855-6496 | Nintendo Network ID: Shotgunryugan

Joeynator3000

Didn't see anyone talking about it, but some guy on Youtube is uploading extended music from the game. I'm kinda "meh" on some of them, preferring the originals to the new versions, but whatever.
Here's a link to Black Kyurem's theme. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwDFPiWkhpc&feature=channe...

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Joeynator3000

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Shotgunryugan wrote:

Rensch wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

Then don't use it.

lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Eel

Shotgunryugan wrote:

Rensch wrote:

From what I read, there's still no known way to get the item. It could be event only or never released for all we know.

Emaan wrote:

So if I got White 1, am I supposed to get White 2?

What's the importance of Zekrom and Reshiram being switched from White cover --> Black cover?

The main character caught Zekrom in W1 and Reshiram in B1, so in W2/B2 Reshiram/Zekrom is still in the hands of team Plasma.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Drawdler

Shinies- LMAO, remind me of Sapphire, good times, I kept turning the GBA off and on because I kept knocking Kyogre out and it was shiny half the time but I had no idea it was so special. I haven't encountered another Shiny since sans Red Gyarados. Hoping to find a random one in SoulSilver soon, maybe a Golbat on Mt. Silver so I can get a Shiny Crobat. :3 I think I also encountered a Silver Ryhorn in Victory Road in Gold though. Sucks that they're making another garunteed Shiny this gen and that item though- it's overkill. They're already tossed about like old rags in the competitive area while some of us playing since Yellow don't have any special ones at all

Edited on by Drawdler

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

e-love

October release dates announced!

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Rensch

First impressions of Japanese version (POSSIBLE SPOILERS!):

The first two to three hours are fresh and new, with new routes and towns. When you reach Castelia City, however, it starts feeling like the old 'third version' idea. At least that's how it feels if you can't really follow the story, which is completely different. There are new protagonists, a new rival and the whole thing takes place two years after Black/White. The story seems to involve something about a new Team Plasma. They seem to be more like sailors or pirates, and have a huge boats docked in Unova's harbours. There appears to be a conflict between the old Team Plasma in the knight-like suits and the new one. There's also s scientist called Achroma I keep seeing. He seems to be a high-rank figure in the new Team Plasma.

Some old areas are expanded or revamped, including the gyms. Several gym leaders are new, and the old ones have Pokémon they did not have in the first two games. Some are unfortunately still the pushovers of old, while others seem pretty tough. I've now beaten five out of eight. There's a new Poison-type gym, which I found rather tough as I could not find any Psychic- or Ground-type Pokémon in the vicinity. I like how the Unova pokédex has lots of old favourites added, but also has all the new Pokémon from Black/White in it. There's a ranch of sorts in one of the early routes where you can catch things like Riolu, Psyduck and Mareep. Another interesting new location I came across is a system of sewers below Castelia City. It's infested with things like Zubat, Grimer and Rattata.

There seems to be much more content in here. It may not always feel like an entirely new game, but it seems to be the game that Black and White should have been. I found those games rather lacking when compared to such massive packages as Platinum or HeartGold and SoulSilver. Black and White 2 offer a lot more, such as a minigame called Pokéwood, where you make movies by battling, and the Pokémon World tournament, which has the player fighting bosses from all Pokémon games, including champions and gym leaders.

I'm about halfway through the main quest, so I still have much to discover. Only further playing will reveal how much of a new game it really is. The idea is sort of like Final Fantasy XIII-2: same world as the first game, but with a completely new storyline.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

Eel

Nibelilt wrote:

I know someone said that the Shiny item is currently unavailable. Wrong, it's given to you when you catch all Pokémon in the national Pokedex. http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/shiningcharm.shtml

I said that! Of course I said "as far as we know", which was true before they announced that info.
I'll probably never get it anyways, I have never bothered to complete a pokedex.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Link977

Probably end up getting this for my brother's birthday, and then I'll pick up a copy more than likely

Formerly PurpleLink, RedLink & OrdonianLink
Getting a Gold Mushroom on Rainbow Road is just asking to lose!
Backloggery
Question of the Day

3DS Friend Code: 5412-9901-0836 | Nintendo Network ID: Link977

Marks

Rensch wrote:

I came across is a system of sewers below Castelia City. It's infested with things like Zubat, Grimer and Rattata.

LOL, classic. So typical from Pokémon.
Glad you're enjoying the game. Have you gotten any medals?

Say what now?
If you can do no good, at least do no harm. -Kurt Vonnegut
I'm not really active here anymore. So it goes.

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1418-8196

Shotgunryugan

So i know i am really late on this,but i just saw the anime trailer for Black/White 2 and my hype for the game has increased,i kinda wish they made an anime of that,but nope we get stuck with a forever 10 years old Ash >.>

Oh and on a unrelated note i got a Farfetch'd from the Dream World today,i am hoping to complete the pokedex in White version,although it's going to be tough D:

Shotgunryugan

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I never got into that dang dream world thing. What is it? I tried connecting my game to it so I could start trying it out but the game took hours to connect and I just never bothered with it.

That depends,is your connection slow?
Anyway the dream world is boring,but it's the only way i can get pokemon not available on White version and with their hidden abilities or something(well according to Serebii).

NIN10DOXD

Shotgunryugan wrote:

firearrow505 wrote:

So....... whats this game do that other pokemon games don't?

[/div]

[/div]
actually silver and golds were direct sequels
The protagonist looks like he came from the jungle,some random fusion between legendary pokemon and the first sequel to the main series.

NIN10DOXD

Rensch

More impressions (POSSILE SPOILERS!)

Deeda wrote:

Rensch wrote:

I came across is a system of sewers below Castelia City. It's infested with things like Zubat, Grimer and Rattata.

[/div]

[/div]

LOL, classic. So typical from Pokémon.
Glad you're enjoying the game. Have you gotten any medals?

[/div]

Yes, there is this dude that appears at Pokémon Centers whenever you have earned one or more new medals. I'm not 100% sure but it appears you get something good if you get 50 of them.

After playing a bit more, it becomes evident that this really is a sequel as opposed to a slightly altered version of Black/White. When you reach the Twist Mountain, you can't enter it because Marshall of the Elite Four blocks your path. Instead, Skyla points out directions to an eastern city, which you can reach by using HM02 Fly. This place is just west of Undella Town, in a dusty canyon that has a sort of Mexican vibe to it. East of this town, there is a route with a haunted mansion with Ghost-types and an underground cavern that you go through with Bianca in order to reach Undella Town.

From there, the journey goes north towards Opelucid City. Many areas that were not available before beating the main quest in Black/White are now available while you're still collecting badges, while towns like Nuvema seem to be unavailable until you beat the champion and get the National Pokédex.

I like how the variation in towns is still here, but perhaps even greater. Each one has its own unique style. Places like Castelia City and Nimbasa City are still pretty much the same, albeit expanded from the original games. Others look totally different, like Driftveil City, which appears to have profited greatly from Clay's mining business in the past two years. The old depots are replaced with big, shiny hotels with luxurious interiors. Undella Town seems to be even more busy during the summer than it already was in Black/White. The huge villa seems to have been demolished.

The new towns are equally unique. Instead of starting in a town with just a lab and two or three houses, this time it's a complete city with a Gym, some residential buildings and a Pokémon Center. A lab is nowhere to be seen. Instead Bianca gives you your starter. Further down the road is a place with sort of a more European vibe to it as opposed to the North American style most towns have. There are houses with stepped gables, kind of like the ones you would find in countries like The Netherlands, Germany or Belgium. Alder is one of the residents here. Then there is a new port town with a ferry to nearby Castelia City. There small are docks all over, some of which require Surf to reach. I particularly liked the Mexican-style town mentioned earlier. It has these houses that look like they are made out of loam and hardy desert bushes around them. There also appears to be somewhat of a Carribean-themed city with a Water-type Gym. I haven't reached that yet, though. All in all, there are five new cities, with all of the older ones visitable sooner or later.

UPDATE: Made it through the main quest now. There's a new Victory Road which was brutal. The old one has collapsed and it seems you can't get in there any longer. Apparently Route 10 isn't accesible in this game either, as it isn't on the map. Not 100% sure about this, however, but I'm pretty sure.

The Pokémon League is pretty much the same, although the Elite Four rooms have been redone. The teams are pretty mcuh the same, except for higher levels and Chauntal's Jellicent being replaced with a Drifblim. The champion is someone who fans of the first two games will recognize.

There are new easy and hard modes,with regular gameplay being medium difficulty. I'm pretty sure the hard mode is an unlockable and perhaps the easy mode as well. I haven't tried it myself yet, but it seems to be a really cool feature that will please veterans and gives newbies a chance to get into the series easier.

Edited on by Rensch

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

CommanderAudio

QUESTION!!!!

Do I have ot play the original Pokemon B/W to fully understand the events of the second game?

Fire is more fun with friends, kids!
Formerly known as PikminMonster
Choose Your Own Adventure!
3DS FC:4554-0106-9407
Let me know if you add me, but PLEASE DON'T send me spam in ...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.