Forums

Topic: Pokemon White 2/ Black 2

Posts 1,761 to 1,780 of 2,123

Tsuchiya

paperluigi wrote:

we need a mewtwo event on pokemon black 2 and white 2

I have plenty of Mewtwo's going spare so long as you don't mind the origins of them.

Frankenstein was the creator - not the monster. It's a common misconception, held by all truly stupid people - Kryten

Back in Black is the best song ever. Argue, and I'll have to slap you. Hard.

Nintendo Network ID: Tsuchiya-U

LordJumpMad

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Woooot! I got Shiny Haxorus! Yeaaah! X3
It's quirky though. ...I mean it's not good or bad, but. Yay shiny!

You got the in-game Shiny Haxorus, or from GTS?

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

Retro_on_theGo

LordJumpMad wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Woooot! I got Shiny Haxorus! Yeaaah! X3
It's quirky though. ...I mean it's not good or bad, but. Yay shiny!

You got the in-game Shiny Haxorus, or from GTS?

In-game. I was resetting for a while trying to get a good nature, so I just settled for a neutral nature.

So I Breeded a calm Vlupix who's IV's are "relatively superior over all" but it's best one is it's attack stat. ... I'm keeping it, but does anyone say it's be better to try again?

Raylax

I don't even bother checking out IVs exactly this gen, lol. Lv50 battling makes the stat difference between the top range of IVs splitting hairs, and there's enough in-game notification to know if yours are generally good anyway.

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

TheKingOfTown

What are these IVs and DVs you guys are talking about? And how are you people getting shiny Pokemon so easily? O.o

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

Electricmastro

turtlelink wrote:

In my opinion, this game probably has the best soundtrack in the series.

I can understand why.

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

e-love

This game probably has my second favorite soundtrack. I really love all the new music additions in comparison to the first game.

Off topic, but does anyone else prefer the beginning of the sequels to the original? I was never a fan of the first few towns in the original games.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

MikeDanger

paperluigi wrote:

TheKingofTown wrote:

What are these IVs and DVs you guys are talking about? And how are you people getting shiny Pokemon so easily? O.o

exactly what i want to know O.o

Ok guys here's the deal.

If you complete the Unova Pokedex at least as seen (Legendaries are optional but not obligatory) Profesor Juniper will give you a pass so you can take a plane to a place where you can capture a shiny Haxorus.

You'll get a Shiny Gible(Black2) or Dratini(White2) from Alder if you defeat Black Tower/White Hollowtree. If you catch all 649 you'll get a shiny stone from Juniper's Dad that cuts the rate of finding shiny Pokemon in half.

Edited on by MikeDanger

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern
Colors 3D:

MikeDanger

8000/1 to 4000/1

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern
Colors 3D:

LordJumpMad

mudjo wrote:

MikeDanger wrote:

If you catch all 649 you'll get a shiny stone from Juniper's Dad that cuts the rate of finding shiny Pokemon in half.

Why would we want to decrease our chances of finding Shinies?

It increase the chance of catching a shiny, but thats only if you get every single pokemon.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

Electricmastro

mudjo wrote:

MikeDanger wrote:

If you catch all 649 you'll get a shiny stone from Juniper's Dad that cuts the rate of finding shiny Pokemon in half.

Why would we want to decrease our chances of finding Shinies?

I think it was worded wrong.

He meant decreases the difficulty of finding shinies.

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

Retro_on_theGo

Well I finished training the newest edition to my team. Ninetails. Big thank you to @Turtlelink for the vulpix!
This girl is awesome! I almost sweeped every team I went up against in the World Leaders Tournament and won. I entered again and my Ninetales was sweeping up until Flannery. She completely beat me. Ironically Fire type was the best counter to the team I was using. But yeah, I love this Ninetales! I wasn't even expecting it to beat useful offensively.

Raylax

TheKingofTown wrote:

What are these IVs and DVs you guys are talking about?

CRASH COURSE TIME!

IVs and DVs are the same thing - Individual Value or Determinate Value depending on who you speak to. They're hidden stats (one each for HP, Atk, Def, SpAtk, SpDef and Speed) that determine the variance between stats of two Pokémon of the same level, before EVs (Effort Values1) are applied.

For example if you go out into the long grass, capture two Lv20 Munna of the same Nature2 and inspect their stats, you'll find their stats vary. One might have 40HP, whilst the other has 42HP. But they're both the same level, neither have been trained, and otherwise appear identical. Surely this should not be!

IVs are the culprit. They range from 0 to 31 for each stat, are set upon encounter, and cannot be changed (outside of hacking). For a Lv100 Pokémon, this represents up to 31 extra points in the respective stat, which scales down (at Lv50 it's worth about 15 points, for example). Think of it as natural variance.

IVs are not displayed explicitly by the game anywhere. However, you can get an estimate of your Pokémon's IVs through two hints. The first is the Characteristic of your Pokémon - that little bit of text on the summary screen that says something like "Proud of its power", "Impetuous and silly" or "Good endurance." These correspond to the highest IV of your Pokémon (a look-up table is here). Just note that 'highest' does not automatically mean 'good' - your Pokémon could well be scoring low in all IVs, and so the characteristic is only corresponding to a 7 point value.

The second place to garner a little information about your Pokémon's IVs is a man near the exit of the Battle Subway (inside). He will first give you a hint of your Pokémon's overall IV total - from "This Pokémon's potential is decent all round" (low) to "This Pokémon has outstanding potential overall" (very high), and then information regarding its highest IV: "I would say its best potential lies in its ____ stat" followed by a statement ranging from "it's rather decent" (low or zero) to "it can't be better in that regard" (perfect 31)

1 I won't go into Effort Values or Nature too deeply, but Effort Values are obtained upon defeating Pokémon, along with Exp. Like IVs, the game doesn't tell you about them explicitly. Most Pokémon give 1 or 2 EVs on defeat for a certain stat - something with high HP will give 1 or 2 HP EVs on defeat. Your Pokémon can earn up to 510 EVs in total, and up to 255 in a single stat. Every 4 EVs earnt in any stat will correspond to an extra 1 point at Lv100: 252 EVs in a stat = 63 extra points at Lv100. This scales according to your Pokéon's current level - at Lv50 it's worth an extra 31 or 32 points. EV Training is all about using this system to give the greatest boosts to your Pokémon's most important stats.

2 Natures are the last thing. Every Pokémon has one, and they provide a 10% boost to one stat and a 10% drop to another. There are also some natures that have no effect whatsoever. Adamant, for example, boosts Attack by 10% and drops SpAtk by 10%. Getting a Pokémon with the correct nature that complements its strengths is key to playing competitively - a Pokémon that excels in fast, physical assaults would benefit from Adamant nature for example, as it does not use its SpAtk stat.
You can see the effect of your Pokémon's nature on its summary screen - the boosted stat will be tinted in red, whilst the reduced stat will be tinted in blue (unless the nature does nothing, in which case no stat is tinted). The Search function in the PC Storage System also describes the effects of every nature.

Edited on by Raylax

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

Happy_Mask

The only important one is TV, that's how you watch your soap operas.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.