Forums

Topic: Pokemon White 2/ Black 2

Posts 161 to 180 of 2,123

JimmyC

The Boxart most certainly does look great.
Did you guys notice the lines/wire like things comming out of the kyrem forms on the box art?

3DS FC James: 3265-5315-1740
NNID: Mystery655
PSN ID: Mystery655
Pokemon Friend Safari (Steel): Mawile, Metang & Klefki

Eel

-I think these are meant to represent its signature attacks, Freeze Shock and Ice Burn-

No, I see them now, they do look like wires connected to it. Maybe it'll be controlled by the villains?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Rensch

It really seems that by 'new storyline' they mean it is not an altered version of Black/White's storyline, but more of a sequel like the '2' in the name implies. Game Freak really seems to be trying to add a little bit more story to the game. Black/White's story was still very similar, but at least it was a little bit more character driven than in previous games, which is a good thing. Pokémon, while deep in gameplay, still has lots of unused potential in other areas such as graphics and story. I hope Black/White 2 will at least work out the story and character motives a little bit more, like other JRPG's often do so well.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

JimmyC

I went to my Local EB games today and I saw that they already are taking preorders for Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 and they also had unnofical boxarts on display.

Raylax

Presumably the region will be the same, but I'm cool with that if the story is all-new.

Given that the DS has spanned two whole generations and given us some truly epic Pokémon games - Platinum and HGSS are certainly among the greatest games in the series, and by far the largest - I'm expecting big things out of B2/W2. Let the DS series go out with a bang.

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

sugarpixel

I'm definitely excited for these games, don't get me wrong (that boxart is EPIC!), but what in the name of sam hill made them think it was a good idea to make a new Pokémon game on the DS?
It's all fine and dandy that they're doing so, and I like the whole BW2 idea; but I would much rather have a game with polygon graphics on the 3DS than one with non-anti-aliased resized sprites...
C'mon Nintendo! Get it toghether!

Now that I've got that out of the way, Kyurem fills much more of a role now! I couldn't quite figure him out before.

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

Pokefanmum82

Because it would take too long to flesh out a whole game in 3d. This way we get a new pokemon this year instead of having to wait another year. PLUS more people have DSes than a 3ds so they make more money. I don't really care because I can play these games on the 3ds anyways. I can't wait to hear more about these games.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

sugarpixel

mumof2kids82 wrote:

Because it would take too long to flesh out a whole game in 3d.

Hmmm, I seem to recall them cranking out "other" 3D Pokémon games fairly quickly >.>

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

GuardianKing

@Gioku The quality of these "other 3D games" are mediocre. That Mystery Dungeon on the Wii is in polygonic 3D, yet it does not do the Mystery Dungeon series honor. The plot was bare bones and we had to purchase 3 games to understand the story. The first 2 MD and MD T/D/S were several years apart, and they were really good quality. Nobody minded about the sprites because it was good quality. They rush out these other games so people have fillers to keep them busy.

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

Gioku wrote:

mumof2kids82 wrote:

Because it would take too long to flesh out a whole game in 3d.

Hmmm, I seem to recall them cranking out "other" 3D Pokémon games fairly quickly >.>

Colloseum and XD were both pretty good, but Colloseum had lots of wasted potential and XD was only better because it has some cool editions and far lower expectations. And even then, more than half of the areas in XD were in Colloseum, exactly the same.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

JimmyC

Guys! New scans of Black and White 2 have been leaked! It's 2 years into the future and you start off as a different trainer and have a different rival! There are many new locations in the game and the pokedex has been expanded to include more old pokemon! I'm so excited!!!

19Robb92

I think I might pick this up. Thought about getting B/W but now I might as well wait for B2/W2.

Is there any way to transfer Pokemon from my Heart Gold game to the new game by the way?

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Late

19Robb92 wrote:

Is there any way to transfer Pokemon from my Heart Gold game to the new game by the way?

You could do that in original Black and White so most likely you can do it here too. But at least in original B/W if you choose to send Pokémon to B/W you couldn't get it back to older games.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

FluxOwl

Wow, the hairdos on these new characters are...just crazy.

I'm digging B&W2 so far (new Gym Leaders are especially interesting). There's certainly going to be more new content in these than in the traditional "extended" 3rd Pokemon version.

Currently Playing: Rayman (GBC), The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap

19Robb92

Late wrote:

19Robb92 wrote:

You could do that in original Black and White so most likely you can do it here too. But at least in original B/W if you choose to send Pokémon to B/W you couldn't get it back to older games.

Oh, so it's a 'one way street' so to speak? I won't be able to transfer them back to Heart Gold ones they've went to B/W?

Late

19Robb92 wrote:

Late wrote:

19Robb92 wrote:

Oh, so it's a 'one way street' so to speak? I won't be able to transfer them back to Heart Gold ones they've went to B/W?

That's right. Unfortunately.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

19Robb92

Late wrote:

That's right. Unfortunately.

Ok, thanks for the information though. Very helpful.

e-love

So excited, these look amazing!

I love how it continues the story, like the "2 years later" thing.
Does anyone else hope N shows up some how?

Edited on by e-love

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Rensch

This is kinda like in Final Fantasy X-2 or XIII-2 or Pokémon XD on the GameCube. I really like how they take some extra time to create something new out of a familiar game world, instead of those lame 'third versions' they usually do.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.