Forums

Topic: Pokemon General Discussion

Posts 981 to 1,000 of 1,422

Marakuto

Ark_Sin wrote:

So... Who should I be in gr new Mystery Dungeon?

There's Pikachu, Axew, and the Unova Starters.

I'd probably say Axew because of other typing and moves it knows. I'd personally pick it over the others though.

Edited on by Marakuto

3DS games:

Mario Kart 7

Zelda OoT 3D

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars

Pokemon Black FC: 2666 2484 8599

Kid Icarus Uprising

Heroes of Ruin
and more.

Crime doesn't pay, unless you are really good at it then those who are legal criminals ...

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2450-6702

GuardianKing

So, after 10 minutes-ish with the demo, here's my quickie review:

Graphics: The graphics are FANTASTIC!!! We're talking Eccleston (9th Doctor) levels of fantastic here. The environments are gorgeous, the characters show actual emotions, and OMG PHYSICS!!! No joke, if you run and stop on the overworld, your character will slightly slide in said direction a little. That's good enough physics for me.

Characters: I prefer your partner from Explorers. He didn't just swallow up the entire "I'm a human" thing like this partner does. He was cautious at first, but then you helped him regain his personal treasure from a pair of bullies. That right there is a great way to set up characters. Even if I got tired of his whining at times, his fears and worries were very real, and his undying loyalty to you made you feel special like you were a part of the world and a part of him. That's what made the ending so emotional for me: having to say goodbye to someone I watched grow up as a person and genuinely cared for. That said, your new partner is more outgoing this time, and he's less of a wimp. I'll have to see how that goes.

Note: Why can't the game make fun of itself? Why couldn't your partner have said: "No, i believe your story. I believe you are human. I've heard of a similar case someone far, far away"?

That said, the battles are a bit slower (because 3D takes longer to render), but it fortunately does not suffer from Gen Iv-eosis.

Final score: 9/10

Again, less than 10 minutes with the game. Personal bias aside, it's a gorgeous game with a slightly heightened difficulty. The characters and the environment feels so much more alive and getting to choose who you and your partner are is certainly a welcome addition (even though the choices are poor). So far, I love it.

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

GuardianKing

I have to say, even though your partner is harder to take seriously in this, he's like Black in Pokemon Adventures: same energy, same hyper behavior, and same big dreams.

The way he talks about making the land into a paradise really puts a smile on your face and perfectly casts the illusion of grandeur Mystery Dungeon is supposed to be about.

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

Happy_Mask

Machamp_King wrote:

Untitled

Great read that one is. 'cept the part where Hitmonlee brick breaks Jynx's nose.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

zoroarkrules25

Ark_Sin wrote:

So, after 10 minutes-ish with the demo, here's my quickie review:

Graphics: The graphics are FANTASTIC!!! We're talking Eccleston (9th Doctor) levels of fantastic here. The environments are gorgeous, the characters show actual emotions, and OMG PHYSICS!!! No joke, if you run and stop on the overworld, your character will slightly slide in said direction a little. That's good enough physics for me.

Characters: I prefer your partner from Explorers. He didn't just swallow up the entire "I'm a human" thing like this partner does. He was cautious at first, but then you helped him regain his personal treasure from a pair of bullies. That right there is a great way to set up characters. Even if I got tired of his whining at times, his fears and worries were very real, and his undying loyalty to you made you feel special like you were a part of the world and a part of him. That's what made the ending so emotional for me: having to say goodbye to someone I watched grow up as a person and genuinely cared for. That said, your new partner is more outgoing this time, and he's less of a wimp. I'll have to see how that goes.

Note: Why can't the game make fun of itself? Why couldn't your partner have said: "No, i believe your story. I believe you are human. I've heard of a similar case someone far, far away"?

That said, the battles are a bit slower (because 3D takes longer to render), but it fortunately does not suffer from Gen Iv-eosis.

Final score: 9/10

Again, less than 10 minutes with the game. Personal bias aside, it's a gorgeous game with a slightly heightened difficulty. The characters and the environment feels so much more alive and getting to choose who you and your partner are is certainly a welcome addition (even though the choices are poor). So far, I love it.

Sounds great, i will get this when my 3ds gets back from nintendo.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

e-love

Happy_Mask wrote:

Great read that one is. 'cept the part where Hitmonlee brick breaks Jynx's nose.

Lol. Such vivid memories of that book.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

DreamyViridi

I wonder how many people would love or rage at this for no reason?
Untitled

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

zoroarkrules25

LuigiMan200 wrote:

I wonder how many people would love or rage at this for no reason?
Untitled

Yes! Nintendo should so do that. The Legend Of Pokemon. That is an awesome pic and would make a great game.

16bitdave

Man I haven't played pokemon in a long time. I only have the pokemon pinball. I thought about getting the good ol fashioned Blue version for GB again. Might have to do that

https://hiddenlevel.bigcartel.com

Switch Friend Code: sw-4349-8419-7001 | 3DS Friend Code: 1650-3873-3348 | My Nintendo: 16bitdave | Nintendo Network ID: 16bitdave

zoroarkrules25

So professor oak catches rottom, oshowatt evolves maybe and jirachi returns in the anime and maybe even sylveon in the season in japan.

Untitled

zoroarkrules25

Me to but the anime is still good to pluse we got rumble info which is cool.

Electricmastro

This guy defeats Pokemon Crystal's final boss with a rubbish HOPPIP.

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.