General Discussion Forum

Topic: Pokemon General Discussion

Showing 981 to 1,000 of 1,432

AuthorMessage

Marakuto

981. Posted:

I can't believe Trick teams are still used in the Battle Subway, like it shows in the records of teams who got a high streak. They got nerfed in BW 2 with the AI becoming smarter. I used them in HG/SS and they worked ok, but now the AI just switches out whenever my Rotom Tricks a Scarf to them and I can't set up. What other good teams are there?

3DS games:

Mario Kart 7

Zelda OoT 3D

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars

Pokemon Black FC: 2666 2484 8599

Kid Icarus Uprising

Heroes of Ruin
and more.

Crime doesn't pay, unless you are really good at it then those who are legal criminals will pay you to keep their stolen goods safe.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2450-6702

AuthorMessage

zoroarkrules25

982. Posted:

Marakuto wrote:

So it is true, this is the same Mewtwo from Mewtwo strikes back and Mewtwo returns. Ash remembers Mewtwo because in Mewtwo returns it didn't erase the memory of him meeting it the 2nd time. Anyways, here is the trailer:

looks cool.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

AuthorMessage

zoroarkrules25

983. Posted:

I just found this new rumor for x and y. It states what this coro coro will show which is 3 new pokemon, sylveon's type and evolution method, sylveon's movie short and 2 new episodes for the anime. One about the sableye and a new arc about the nature reserve. Here is the link: http://leviathyn.com/games/nintendo-2/2013/03/06/rumor-possib... It is also on several other sites.

Edited on by zoroarkrules25

AuthorMessage

Raylax

984. Posted:

My thoughts on the rumours from zoroark's link:

Sylveon is a pure Flying-type Pokemon (in most cases, Flying-type Pokemon are dual-typed) and can only be female.
I can believe it being Flying-type. I really doubt it's female-only though.

Sylveon is said to evolve as a result of a bonding mechanic.
I assume the bonding mechanic is the rumoured cross-breeding thing. But as Sylveon is an evolution of Eevee, I'm struggling to see how that would work - all the eggs would hatch as Eevee, not Sylveon.

Xerneas’s typing is Psychic/Ground.
Yveltal’s typing is Fighting/Flying.
As good a chance as anything else, really. Can't call anything for or against this.

New Pokemon: A pre-evolution of Tauros.
Doubt it. A not-particularly-special and generally forgettable Gen I Pokémon that's never afforded any special attention whatsoever, and has a carbon copy in Bouffalant in Gen V. Can't see a logical digression from Tauros, either.

New Pokemon: An evolution of Torkoal.
Again, hard to see a logical progression from Torkoal that wouldn't look ridiculous. And again, a Pokémon that has never achieved any special attention or interesting traits.

New Pokemon: An alternate evolution of Wynaut, a counterpart to Wobbuffet.
What would a counterpart to Wobbuffet even be? Its a Pokémon with one single purpose - to soak in hits with high defensive stats, and counter them back. There's no 'flipside' to that, Wobb's already got it all covered, and Wynaut exhibits enough of the same traits to make any particularly divergent evolution jarr with it.

So, I don't buy it. I might be wrong, of course, but I can't see much solid foundation in any of these.

ACNF: Visit Somni! DC: 7000 3442 7110
theblackdragon: ahaha perfect response to that thread, raylax
theblackdragon: eff your other responses, though
theblackdragon: all of them
theblackdragon: in the entire history of ever >:[
theblackdragon: they've all sucked

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

AuthorMessage

zoroarkrules25

985. Posted:

Raylax wrote:

My thoughts on the rumours from zoroark's link:

Sylveon is a pure Flying-type Pokemon (in most cases, Flying-type Pokemon are dual-typed) and can only be female.
I can believe it being Flying-type. I really doubt it's female-only though.

Sylveon is said to evolve as a result of a bonding mechanic.
I assume the bonding mechanic is the rumoured cross-breeding thing. But as Sylveon is an evolution of Eevee, I'm struggling to see how that would work - all the eggs would hatch as Eevee, not Sylveon.

Xerneas’s typing is Psychic/Ground.
Yveltal’s typing is Fighting/Flying.
As good a chance as anything else, really. Can't call anything for or against this.

New Pokemon: A pre-evolution of Tauros.
Doubt it. A not-particularly-special and generally forgettable Gen I Pokémon that's never afforded any special attention whatsoever, and has a carbon copy in Bouffalant in Gen V. Can't see a logical digression from Tauros, either.

New Pokemon: An evolution of Torkoal.
Again, hard to see a logical progression from Torkoal that wouldn't look ridiculous. And again, a Pokémon that has never achieved any special attention or interesting traits.

New Pokemon: An alternate evolution of Wynaut, a counterpart to Wobbuffet.
What would a counterpart to Wobbuffet even be? Its a Pokémon with one single purpose - to soak in hits with high defensive stats, and counter them back. There's no 'flipside' to that, Wobb's already got it all covered, and Wynaut exhibits enough of the same traits to make any particularly divergent evolution jarr with it.

So, I don't buy it. I might be wrong, of course, but I can't see much solid foundation in any of these.

The bonding mechanic is something like happiness from what nintendo has hinted. For the legends i have to agree there, for the tauros one it is a popular member of ash's team but there are 30 of them so there is a slight possibility, for the torkoal evolution i have seen some good and logical evolutions for it, and the wobbafett spilt i can agree with you there but we do have some unnecessary pokemon evolutions

AuthorMessage

Raylax

986. Posted:

zoroarkrules25 wrote:

for the tauros one it is a popular member of ash's team but there are 30 of them so there is a slight possibility

The games rarely (f ever) use the anime as a basis for any design choices though, they're kept fairly distinct.

ACNF: Visit Somni! DC: 7000 3442 7110
theblackdragon: ahaha perfect response to that thread, raylax
theblackdragon: eff your other responses, though
theblackdragon: all of them
theblackdragon: in the entire history of ever >:[
theblackdragon: they've all sucked

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

AuthorMessage

zoroarkrules25

987. Posted:

Raylax wrote:

zoroarkrules25 wrote:

for the tauros one it is a popular member of ash's team but there are 30 of them so there is a slight possibility

The games rarely (f ever) use the anime as a basis for any design choices though, they're kept fairly distinct.

True but nintendo wants to reinvent the series so who knows.

AuthorMessage

Arcamenel

988. Posted:

zoroarkrules25 wrote:

Jamouse wrote:

@Zoroarkrules25 It's a shiny Genesect.

For the last time i know there is a giant red genesect but it is not my focus at the moment. Look to where ash and co are with their pokemon. One of them is a sableye which means someone is getting one. We haven't seen any hoenn pokemon in unova. This means there is something special about it. It hints towards an evolution for sableye!

I highly doubt that o.o

Derrick
3DS FC: 1693 - 1069 - 1732

AuthorMessage

zoroarkrules25

989. Posted:

They have done things like this before and they said this wild sableye befriends them and is a mysterious pokemon meaning it has a special role in the movie and possibly the anime.

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

990. Posted:

So... Who should I be in gr new Mystery Dungeon?

There's Pikachu, Axew, and the Unova Starters.

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

PKNoUsernameHere

991. Posted:

@Ark_Sin Pikachu,Because I'm pretty sure that there's not a lot of Pokes from Kanto,Johto,Hoenn,and Sinnoh. U_U

Buying: SSB4 (Wii U, 3DS bought), Pokemon OR/AS (3DS) The Wonderful 101 (Wii U), DKC: Tropical Freeze (Wii U), Rune Factory 4 (3DS)
Backlog
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ CLICK NAOW OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
A Place
Formerly NoUsernameHere and PSI_King.
HYRULE WARRIORZ: FABULOUS SIMULATOR 2014

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

992. Posted:

@Machamp I couldn't care less about generations/regions. I want efficiency.

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Melody Astra Avatar
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

Marakuto

993. Posted:

Ark_Sin wrote:

So... Who should I be in gr new Mystery Dungeon?

There's Pikachu, Axew, and the Unova Starters.

I'd probably say Axew because of other typing and moves it knows. I'd personally pick it over the others though.

Edited on by Marakuto

3DS games:

Mario Kart 7

Zelda OoT 3D

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars

Pokemon Black FC: 2666 2484 8599

Kid Icarus Uprising

Heroes of Ruin
and more.

Crime doesn't pay, unless you are really good at it then those who are legal criminals will pay you to keep their stolen goods safe.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2450-6702

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

994. Posted:

Warning: Blood and Pikachu becomes........well you'll find out

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

995. Posted:

So, after 10 minutes-ish with the demo, here's my quickie review:

Graphics: The graphics are FANTASTIC!!! We're talking Eccleston (9th Doctor) levels of fantastic here. The environments are gorgeous, the characters show actual emotions, and OMG PHYSICS!!! :O No joke, if you run and stop on the overworld, your character will slightly slide in said direction a little. That's good enough physics for me. :)

Characters: I prefer your partner from Explorers. He didn't just swallow up the entire "I'm a human" thing like this partner does. He was cautious at first, but then you helped him regain his personal treasure from a pair of bullies. That right there is a great way to set up characters. Even if I got tired of his whining at times, his fears and worries were very real, and his undying loyalty to you made you feel special like you were a part of the world and a part of him. That's what made the ending so emotional for me: having to say goodbye to someone I watched grow up as a person and genuinely cared for. That said, your new partner is more outgoing this time, and he's less of a wimp. I'll have to see how that goes.

Note: Why can't the game make fun of itself? Why couldn't your partner have said: "No, i believe your story. I believe you are human. I've heard of a similar case someone far, far away"?

That said, the battles are a bit slower (because 3D takes longer to render), but it fortunately does not suffer from Gen Iv-eosis.

Final score: 9/10

Again, less than 10 minutes with the game. Personal bias aside, it's a gorgeous game with a slightly heightened difficulty. The characters and the environment feels so much more alive and getting to choose who you and your partner are is certainly a welcome addition (even though the choices are poor). So far, I love it. :)

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Melody Astra Avatar

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

996. Posted:

I have to say, even though your partner is harder to take seriously in this, he's like Black in Pokemon Adventures: same energy, same hyper behavior, and same big dreams.

The way he talks about making the land into a paradise really puts a smile on your face and perfectly casts the illusion of grandeur Mystery Dungeon is supposed to be about. :)

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Melody Astra Avatar

AuthorMessage

PKNoUsernameHere

997. Posted:

Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by PKNoUsernameHere

Buying: SSB4 (Wii U, 3DS bought), Pokemon OR/AS (3DS) The Wonderful 101 (Wii U), DKC: Tropical Freeze (Wii U), Rune Factory 4 (3DS)
Backlog
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ CLICK NAOW OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
A Place
Formerly NoUsernameHere and PSI_King.
HYRULE WARRIORZ: FABULOUS SIMULATOR 2014

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

998. Posted:

Machamp_King wrote:

Untitled

Great read that one is. 'cept the part where Hitmonlee brick breaks Jynx's nose.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

zoroarkrules25

999. Posted:

Ark_Sin wrote:

So, after 10 minutes-ish with the demo, here's my quickie review:

Graphics: The graphics are FANTASTIC!!! We're talking Eccleston (9th Doctor) levels of fantastic here. The environments are gorgeous, the characters show actual emotions, and OMG PHYSICS!!! :O No joke, if you run and stop on the overworld, your character will slightly slide in said direction a little. That's good enough physics for me. :)

Characters: I prefer your partner from Explorers. He didn't just swallow up the entire "I'm a human" thing like this partner does. He was cautious at first, but then you helped him regain his personal treasure from a pair of bullies. That right there is a great way to set up characters. Even if I got tired of his whining at times, his fears and worries were very real, and his undying loyalty to you made you feel special like you were a part of the world and a part of him. That's what made the ending so emotional for me: having to say goodbye to someone I watched grow up as a person and genuinely cared for. That said, your new partner is more outgoing this time, and he's less of a wimp. I'll have to see how that goes.

Note: Why can't the game make fun of itself? Why couldn't your partner have said: "No, i believe your story. I believe you are human. I've heard of a similar case someone far, far away"?

That said, the battles are a bit slower (because 3D takes longer to render), but it fortunately does not suffer from Gen Iv-eosis.

Final score: 9/10

Again, less than 10 minutes with the game. Personal bias aside, it's a gorgeous game with a slightly heightened difficulty. The characters and the environment feels so much more alive and getting to choose who you and your partner are is certainly a welcome addition (even though the choices are poor). So far, I love it. :)

Sounds great, i will get this when my 3ds gets back from nintendo.

AuthorMessage

Emaan

1,000. Posted:

Happy_Mask wrote:

Great read that one is. 'cept the part where Hitmonlee brick breaks Jynx's nose.

Lol. Such vivid memories of that book. :O

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann