Forums

Topic: Pokemon General Discussion

Posts 961 to 980 of 1,422

Happy_Mask

@Raylax I find it odd how the "male" has sparkles and eyelashes.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

zoroarkrules25

Ark_Sin wrote:

Jamouse wrote:

Remember when we actually discussed Pokemon here and didn't just repost images from memebase...

Alright then, discuss this topic:

Are you looking forwards to the new Mystery Dungeon?

What can you expect from it?

Will you get the demo?

Physical or Digital?

I'm going digital to carry my Pokemons with me. :3

Yes it looks amazing

I expect epicness from it like explorers of sky

Yes the demo will be really handy

pshycial because i like the boxarts and i will not lose it.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

Raylax

Happy_Mask wrote:

@Raylax I find it odd how the "male" has sparkles and eyelashes.

To go off-topic a little, its something of a typical character archetype:

Untitled

Supremely muscular characters are often also exhibit extremely over-the-top reactions to any scenario - their extraordinary passion for their body form extends to just about everything else too. Some unfortunate news will have then bursting into floods of tears, comforting others invariably involves spine-crushing bear-hugs, huge flower bouquets and "OHHHH! THE TRAGEDY OF IT ALL! IF ONLY I WERE THERE TO OFFER MY ASSISTANCE!" ... and so forth. So spontaneous eruptions of sparkle and eyelashes is... only to be expected, really. A Large Ham turned up to 11. And then some.

This thread now contains the necessary amount of Alex Louise Armstrong

Edited on by Raylax

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

Marakuto

Beautiful.

Edited on by Marakuto

3DS games:

Mario Kart 7

Zelda OoT 3D

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars

Pokemon Black FC: 2666 2484 8599

Kid Icarus Uprising

Heroes of Ruin
and more.

Crime doesn't pay, unless you are really good at it then those who are legal criminals ...

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2450-6702

SheldonRandoms

Machamp_King wrote:

Untitled
Are you sick,Professor Oak,or did Alzheimers get to you? D:

And what if the players name is really Gary?

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

zoroarkrules25

SheldonRandoms wrote:

Machamp_King wrote:

Untitled
Are you sick,Professor Oak,or did Alzheimers get to you? D:

And what if the players name is really Gary?

That is a great point there.

Marakuto

So it is true, this is the same Mewtwo from Mewtwo strikes back and Mewtwo returns. Ash remembers Mewtwo because in Mewtwo returns it didn't erase the memory of him meeting it the 2nd time. Anyways, here is the trailer:

Edited on by Marakuto

3DS games:

Mario Kart 7

Zelda OoT 3D

Kid Icarus Uprising

Heroes of Ruin
and more.

Crime doesn't pay, unless you are really good at it then those who are legal criminals ...

Drawdler

Jamouse wrote:

Remember when we actually discussed Pokemon here and didn't just repost images from memebase...

?

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

Marakuto

I can't believe Trick teams are still used in the Battle Subway, like it shows in the records of teams who got a high streak. They got nerfed in BW 2 with the AI becoming smarter. I used them in HG/SS and they worked ok, but now the AI just switches out whenever my Rotom Tricks a Scarf to them and I can't set up. What other good teams are there?

3DS games:

Mario Kart 7

Zelda OoT 3D

Kid Icarus Uprising

Heroes of Ruin
and more.

zoroarkrules25

Marakuto wrote:

So it is true, this is the same Mewtwo from Mewtwo strikes back and Mewtwo returns. Ash remembers Mewtwo because in Mewtwo returns it didn't erase the memory of him meeting it the 2nd time. Anyways, here is the trailer:

looks cool.

zoroarkrules25

I just found this new rumor for x and y. It states what this coro coro will show which is 3 new pokemon, sylveon's type and evolution method, sylveon's movie short and 2 new episodes for the anime. One about the sableye and a new arc about the nature reserve. Here is the link: http://leviathyn.com/games/nintendo-2/2013/03/06/rumor-possib... It is also on several other sites.

Edited on by zoroarkrules25

Raylax

My thoughts on the rumours from zoroark's link:

Sylveon is a pure Flying-type Pokemon (in most cases, Flying-type Pokemon are dual-typed) and can only be female.
I can believe it being Flying-type. I really doubt it's female-only though.

Sylveon is said to evolve as a result of a bonding mechanic.
I assume the bonding mechanic is the rumoured cross-breeding thing. But as Sylveon is an evolution of Eevee, I'm struggling to see how that would work - all the eggs would hatch as Eevee, not Sylveon.

Xerneas’s typing is Psychic/Ground.
Yveltal’s typing is Fighting/Flying.
As good a chance as anything else, really. Can't call anything for or against this.

New Pokemon: A pre-evolution of Tauros.
Doubt it. A not-particularly-special and generally forgettable Gen I Pokémon that's never afforded any special attention whatsoever, and has a carbon copy in Bouffalant in Gen V. Can't see a logical digression from Tauros, either.

New Pokemon: An evolution of Torkoal.
Again, hard to see a logical progression from Torkoal that wouldn't look ridiculous. And again, a Pokémon that has never achieved any special attention or interesting traits.

New Pokemon: An alternate evolution of Wynaut, a counterpart to Wobbuffet.
What would a counterpart to Wobbuffet even be? Its a Pokémon with one single purpose - to soak in hits with high defensive stats, and counter them back. There's no 'flipside' to that, Wobb's already got it all covered, and Wynaut exhibits enough of the same traits to make any particularly divergent evolution jarr with it.

So, I don't buy it. I might be wrong, of course, but I can't see much solid foundation in any of these.

Raylax

zoroarkrules25

Raylax wrote:

My thoughts on the rumours from zoroark's link:

Sylveon is a pure Flying-type Pokemon (in most cases, Flying-type Pokemon are dual-typed) and can only be female.
I can believe it being Flying-type. I really doubt it's female-only though.

Sylveon is said to evolve as a result of a bonding mechanic.
I assume the bonding mechanic is the rumoured cross-breeding thing. But as Sylveon is an evolution of Eevee, I'm struggling to see how that would work - all the eggs would hatch as Eevee, not Sylveon.

Xerneas’s typing is Psychic/Ground.
Yveltal’s typing is Fighting/Flying.
As good a chance as anything else, really. Can't call anything for or against this.

New Pokemon: A pre-evolution of Tauros.
Doubt it. A not-particularly-special and generally forgettable Gen I Pokémon that's never afforded any special attention whatsoever, and has a carbon copy in Bouffalant in Gen V. Can't see a logical digression from Tauros, either.

New Pokemon: An evolution of Torkoal.
Again, hard to see a logical progression from Torkoal that wouldn't look ridiculous. And again, a Pokémon that has never achieved any special attention or interesting traits.

New Pokemon: An alternate evolution of Wynaut, a counterpart to Wobbuffet.
What would a counterpart to Wobbuffet even be? Its a Pokémon with one single purpose - to soak in hits with high defensive stats, and counter them back. There's no 'flipside' to that, Wobb's already got it all covered, and Wynaut exhibits enough of the same traits to make any particularly divergent evolution jarr with it.

So, I don't buy it. I might be wrong, of course, but I can't see much solid foundation in any of these.

The bonding mechanic is something like happiness from what nintendo has hinted. For the legends i have to agree there, for the tauros one it is a popular member of ash's team but there are 30 of them so there is a slight possibility, for the torkoal evolution i have seen some good and logical evolutions for it, and the wobbafett spilt i can agree with you there but we do have some unnecessary pokemon evolutions

Raylax

zoroarkrules25 wrote:

for the tauros one it is a popular member of ash's team but there are 30 of them so there is a slight possibility

The games rarely (f ever) use the anime as a basis for any design choices though, they're kept fairly distinct.

Raylax

zoroarkrules25

Raylax wrote:

zoroarkrules25 wrote:

for the tauros one it is a popular member of ash's team but there are 30 of them so there is a slight possibility

The games rarely (f ever) use the anime as a basis for any design choices though, they're kept fairly distinct.

True but nintendo wants to reinvent the series so who knows.

Arcamenel

zoroarkrules25 wrote:

Jamouse wrote:

@Zoroarkrules25 It's a shiny Genesect.

For the last time i know there is a giant red genesect but it is not my focus at the moment. Look to where ash and co are with their pokemon. One of them is a sableye which means someone is getting one. We haven't seen any hoenn pokemon in unova. This means there is something special about it. It hints towards an evolution for sableye!

I highly doubt that o.o

Derrick
3DS FC: 1693 - 1069 - 1732

zoroarkrules25

They have done things like this before and they said this wild sableye befriends them and is a mysterious pokemon meaning it has a special role in the movie and possibly the anime.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.