Topic: pixelman's blog

Posts 101 to 120 of 140

Brer

Nice game!

Everybody needs a little funk. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKPoHgKcqag
I see wut u did ther
Awkward cough. Her heeeerrrm!

retired_account

1) I removed sound, because a) They add 250% to the online load times, and b) they don't work on Ubuntu
2) What's your IP address? I just implemented computer banning in my game.

retired_account

Philip_J_Reed

pixelman wrote:

Well, if anyone's interested, my Java platformer's available to play online here:

http://java.pynguins.com/platformer/

It's still a WIP, but it's really coming along! Also, note that not all of the sounds have been added yet.

That was great, friend. I'd love to play a longer version of that game; you've definitely got some serious talent.

The only criticism I have is that the movement/jumping feels a little "floaty" to me. Not enough that it was distracting, but it just felt slightly looser than I expected, and it reminded me of those old shareware platformers by Apogee in that regard. I'm assuming that was an intentional feature of the design, though, so it's not a complaint...just the closest thing to one that I've got.

Great job man.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

retired_account

@Chicken+Brutus: Woo, thanks. And yes, many many many more levels are coming. I'm shooting for a total of 20 levels, and I've just finished making the 11th.

I agree, the jump physics do feel rather floaty. I 'spect I'll try tweaking them a tad more, though I don't want it to feel too fast as there's some serious precision jumping in later levels.

Oh yes, and you guys are going to hate me after you play level 11.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

retired_account

I may draw the line at 15 levels. My level design ingenuity is rapidly disintegrating,

retired_account

Philip_J_Reed

pixelman wrote:

I may draw the line at 15 levels. My level design ingenuity is rapidly disintegrating,

Wot, no level design contest with five winners?

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

retired_account

Probably not. Levels are created in text files, and it's rather difficult to set up a testing environment.

retired_account

SonicMaster

@pixelman
Like I said, this is my mom's computer, and she doesn't have java!

SonicMaster

ASDFGHJKL

Nice game pixelman. I found it to be a little slippery (Im not sure if you meant to do that) like if the floor was ice, making it hard for me to play. Butoverall good. I LOVE the graphics! My stupid netbook wont show the whole level at once though..... Anyways great game. Maybe you could try out my game sometime.

PS: I didnt capitalize your name this time, do I get a cookie?

ASDFGHJKL

Aviator

Thats really good. Are you trying to turn it into a WiiWare title. Also, any chance of a boss??

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Cryptonic

it wont start up for me all of these great comments i've been hearing and i cant even play it........f*ck

Wii :6638 - 2205 - 3294 - 3850
SSBB: 4812 - 5583 - 8961
3DS: 4038 - 6000 - 1698
"Tiger Man was wise"

retired_account

@GabeGreens:
Untitled

@Aviator: No, WiiWare dev kits cost thousands of dollars, and you have to be a licensed dev to even buy one. And yes, I'm planning to do a boss.

@cryptonic: You need the latest version of Java. Also, if you see the "loading..." screen, give it a few minutes to load. Java's painfully slow at loading images.

retired_account

retired_account

You better not eat it. It took forever to bake. (It kept hitting the oven bricks with its head)

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

retired_account

@Odntenin: Yeah Java caches apps. You need to reload your browser.

Just to make sure - does your version have text bubbles?

retired_account

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.