Forums

Topic: Pixel Art

Posts 701 to 720 of 2,408

Rensch

cool stuff dude

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

bro2dragons

excellent work, pixel. i am ever impressed.

“I am a brother to dragons and a companion to owls." Job:30:29

Nintendo Network ID: bro2dragons

JuneBelle

I do a bit of pixeling here and there....

Here's my most complex one....

Untitled

JuneBelle

bro2dragons

wow. i am impressed, June! that's gorgeous! how do you do it?

JuneBelle

bro2dragons wrote:

wow. i am impressed, June! that's gorgeous! how do you do it?

Veeeeeeeeeeery slowly. LOL

I did all the little pieces separately: the forage cap, musket, tree trunk, and grass. Then I created the background layer and placed my pieces over the top. (Well, I did a concept design first on paper. Otherwise, I'd be lost... LOL)
I'm a nut about small details. The only problem is that it takes me forever.

JuneBelle

bro2dragons

yeah, i bet. i'm absolutely stunned.

JuneBelle

bro2dragons wrote:

yeah, i bet. i'm absolutely stunned.

Yeah. LOL. Thanks.

The rest of my pixel art is on my DeviantArt page.
Here's another one of my favorites:

Untitled

JuneBelle

bro2dragons

again, very nicely done, June.

hey, guys, i'm working on an rpg with a friend. things like characters and all that, we'd definitely do by hand, but for larger things, like a world map... is there a program we can use just to save time, to plug in a pic and have it all 16-bit-ified?

Edited on by bro2dragons

JuneBelle

bro2dragons wrote:

again, very nicely done, June.

hey, guys, i'm working on an rpg with a friend. things like characters and all that, we'd definitely do by hand, but for larger things, like a world map... is there a program we can use just to save time, to plug in a pic and have it all 16-bit-ified?

Thanks.

I...can't help you with that program, though, as I have always done all of my stuff by hand; but let's see what other people say.

Maybe you can recruit some people to collaborate on it if nothing else?

JuneBelle

bro2dragons

that i will. we've already talked to an artist for designs... we just need them pixelated... and i don't think she has the time to do that, too.

retired_account

@JuneBelle: Those are amazing. Only one criticism with the rifle art - it took me a few moments to see what was going on in the pic; I think the grass could use a softer shade of green, and perhaps lighten the dark areas a tad. I want to eat that strawberry cake.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

JuneBelle

bro2dragons wrote:

that i will. we've already talked to an artist for designs... we just need them pixelated... and i don't think she has the time to do that, too.

Yeah. I'd offer; but I'm in the middle of classes right now myself. However....., if the designs are already done; and all they need is to be pixelated.....Hmm...... I just don't know if I have the time right now..though...

@pixelman: Thanks! Yeah...., after the fact, I kind of realized that I needed a bit of a softer shade; but, by then, it was a little too late.....although......I wonder if I might be able to use a global color dropper to change all of the pixeled colors at once....... Hmm......
The shadows, though...., I kind of like the deep shadows to frame the image; but, then again, maybe my display isn't showing me what you are seeing. LOL I've since discovered that different computer screens make things look surprisingly different from one another.......

Thanks again.

JuneBelle

Rensch

Wow! JuneBelle, just WOW!!

That's so amazing.....

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

retired_account

@SonicMaster: I see you went back to Eddie, so I thought I'd clean it up for you. It has antialiasing and softer colors, now.

Untitled

retired_account

bro2dragons

@pixelman: is this new avatar an example of the "subtle changes" you were talking about?

Edited on by bro2dragons

StarBoy91

pixelman's quite zombified avatar is quite zombified. :3

To each their own

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.