Forums

Topic: Pixel Art

Posts 2,401 to 2,408 of 2,408

Geonjaha

Seriously? Did the love for Pixel Art on this site die with @Pixelman? D:

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

KarrotMan

I still have plans... But I just got excited with my Graphic Tablet that's all Anyway, I posted this before on a short lived thread, but here's a reworking of my little bean character. I'll probably make more sprites for him if I hav the time and effort:
Untitled

Also, I was supposed to post this back in May 2012 for a three year commemoration but by then the thread was long forgotten. Here it is for those interested:
Untitled

Edited on by KarrotMan

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

Geonjaha

Untitled

Pixel Art dumping to revive the thread again. :3
Unfortunately my laptops hard drive failed recently, so I lost all my works in progress. :/

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

Happy_Mask

@Geonjaha Do you have any tips for an aspiring pixel artist? I tend to simply screw around with the pixel art making site I use, so I can make very, very basic crap within short periods of time (though I don't really have the attention span to continue working on a sprite for more than a brief period of time). :3

Edited on by Happy_Mask

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

SheldonRandoms

Here's something I made on Flipnote Studio awhile back, he's a bunch of blocks forming MegaMan and Roll.

Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by SheldonRandoms

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Geonjaha

Happy_Mask wrote:

@Geonjaha Do you have any tips for an aspiring pixel artist? I tend to simply screw around with the pixel art making site I use, so I can make very, very basic crap within short periods of time (though I don't really have the attention span to continue working on a sprite for more than a brief period of time). :3

I personally am terrible if I sit down and try and make something specific. I tend to do a lot of messy drafts and fine tune them until I see something in the mess. I also personally don't add any colour to my pieces until I'm happy with the silhouette I've created.

It does take a while for me to finish these though; both of the ones above probably took at least 2 hours of work from start to finish, but a lot of that is adjusting it to make it as good as I possibly can.

Geonjaha

Happy_Mask

@Geonjaha I do the same thing. For some reason, finding a shape in a mess gives me more inspiration. I guess in this scenario, I get better with the more I make.
Also, for anyone who wants to get started with Pixel art, I'd suggest this site: http://makepixelart.com/free/#
It works with tablets as well.

Edited on by Happy_Mask

Happy_Mask

Untitled Here's one I made in about a half hour. I was originally going to make a guy in purple overalls, then I started thinking about Baldbull, and it all went downhill from there.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.