Forums

Topic: Pixel Art

Posts 2,341 to 2,360 of 2,408

Turnip

I love pixel art. To bad i'm not good at it. >___<

Cringing is really fun.

KarrotMan

^ Pixel art is easier than it seems. All you need is a clear picture in mind and a painting software like MS Paint, Gimp, etc, and remember, practice makes perfect. I prefer Gimp using Gimp myself, it even can let you animate you creations like this little sprite I made on my spare time(inspired by the MS DOS games I played way back):
Untitled

Edited on by KarrotMan

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

retired_account

Oh what the heck, here's what I'm working on right now:

Untitled

@Karakato: Haha that first pic you posted looks like fat Boba Fett. And that sprite you made is awesome.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

komicturtle

And you're not making that into a game...?

komicturtle

KarrotMan

Another great one pix, look forward to seeing it in completion. Hey I remembered You said something about an iOS Project, it has been months now, would it be ok to give us a little detail on that? Could it be that game you posted above?

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

komicturtle

@pix

Cool. Would like to see the final product.

I hope to start on my iPhone game project next year. I have all the concept laid out. Just need to purchase the SDK, work with someone familiar with coding and be on the way.

Further plans: Get it on 3DS and Vita and make full use of what those systems offer.

Calling it "Project Pogo".

Don't want to give out it's real name now, but it pays tribute to Nintendo's most popular franchise

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

retired_account

Karakato_001 wrote:

Another great one pix, look forward to seeing it in completion. Hey I remembered You said something about an iOS Project, it has been months now, would it be ok to give us a little detail on that? Could it be that game you posted above?

Mmm no, the one above is a Mac project. I've done a ton of iOS programming, but I had to stop because I couldn't test on a device and I eventually decided to start over (the project wasn't organized that great). I've been trying to figure out a way for an exploration platformer to work on the iPhone, but the controls just don't fit.

I still have some ideas, but I'm not quite ready to do them yet. :3

@KomicZ: Very nice. I highly recommend you download Xcode and get your project well underway before you buy the $99 iPhone subscription. You can get most of your game finished before the time you spend developing it starts costing money. You can test an iPhone app using the iPhone simulator right on your computer, so until you start needing to use multitouch and the accelerometer (and of course want to sell it), the subscription isn't really necessary.

retired_account

Portista

Umm...how do I get to play your awesome games pixelman? I love your work, but I can never figure out how to program games myself.

Monster Hunter for the win!!!!! Check out my music album at https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fifteen-ep/id589290511

retired_account

You have to figure out how to make me finish 'em. The rest is easy.

retired_account

komicturtle

Okay. Will keep a mental note on that. I downloaded Game Salad a while back because you don't need to code anything (so it says). But I don't think it'll really help make the game I've invisioned because the program doesn't seem sophisticated. When everything is settled here, I'll start making the sprites, work on the character art for finalization and reference work and then download that program you mentioned.

I wish I had Warioware DIY with me... Making sprites there was always fun and good practice although limited. And making my first game is real good for my portfolio

komicturtle

retired_account

My personal rule of thumb: Any game-making tool that doesn't require you to code is rubbish.

retired_account

jester94

KomicZ wrote:

Making sprites there was always fun and good practice although limited. And making my first game is real good for my portfolio

let me guess. a mexican carpenter, (italian plumber) that lives in LA, (NY) go's to the fungi city, (mushroom kingdom) to save the mayor, (princess) and stop the evil lion. (turtle)

(3DS FC) 4468-1141-2979
http://www.youtube.com/user/DarkJesterOfArkham94?feature=mhee
i post club nintendo code's.
i only troll at Komic store's & at Komic Kon.

komicturtle

Not even close sir.

@pix I assume that's totally true because it makes total sense.

komicturtle

jester94

KomicZ wrote:

Not even close sir.

wow i didn't know you were making this game, looks like the next best seller.
[youtube:2Svz2E_uCyE]

(3DS FC) 4468-1141-2979
http://www.youtube.com/user/DarkJesterOfArkham94?feature=mhee
i post club nintendo code's.
i only troll at Komic store's & at Komic Kon.

Late

I've done a little Pixel Art a week ago for one website:
Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled
Images had to be 32x32 pixels so I couldn't make all the details.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

WiiAboutU

Hey @Late, would yourself recommend 3D Pixel Racing? All joking aside.

Edited on by WiiAboutU

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

komicturtle

Cannot wait to start my game. It's been stuck in my head for like 4 months. It has to happen.

Edited on by theblackdragon

komicturtle

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.