Check out my Personal Super Famicom Recommendations
Massive retro gamer with a heart <3
Big Wander Over Yonder fan
23 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage

Rensch

2,342. Posted:

I used to be into that isometric stuff a lot. I feel compelled to make something again.

This site is great if you like that kind of stuff:
http://www.kennethfejer.com/isocity/

EDIT: I made a little cinema. Free cookies if you can make out the movie posters:

Untitled

Edited on by Rensch

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

AuthorMessage

CzartD

2,343. Posted:

Untitled
Zelda-styled tileset I'm working on.

CzartD

AuthorMessage

Rensch

2,344. Posted:

Nice, I like the shading.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

2,345. Posted:

Here's Mystery Dungeon type icons for zoroark and chirami(I think that's it's name.)
Untitled Untitled
I'm pretty happy with how the zoroark one came out. I think the chirami one could have definitely been better.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

2,346. Posted:

Hi, CzarTheDragon, welcome to NintendoLife. :) That's a cool tileset you made. :)

AKA StarBoy91
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
Check out my Personal Super Famicom Recommendations
Massive retro gamer with a heart <3
Big Wander Over Yonder fan
23 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage

Karakato

2,347. Posted:

I made some concept art of a minimalistic platformer starring a robot mind shared between two separate units. Having played chronos twins recently and an old nes game of two penguin lovers forgot the name , I was inspired to do this.
Untitled

Also updated my Avatar, which at the moment, is still a bit rough on the effects.
Untitled

Edited on by Karakato

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

pixelman

2,348. Posted:

Those are awesome Karakato. Monochrome ftw.

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage

Karakato

2,349. Posted:

Decided to do this sprite work during my free time. Its my avatar's character at a stance. Might not be as good as I intended, but it will do.
Untitled

EDIT Did what pix told me to do and here is the finished sprite: Untitled

Edited on by Karakato

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

pixelman

2,350. Posted:

You should give his legs some motion. Like make him bob up and down slightly, haha. Looks really cool though. D:

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage

Karakato

2,351. Posted:

@pix yeah thanks for that, Hopefully I could at least become half as good as you in pixel art. :)
On a side note though, You are co-developing a project for the iOS right? Is it okay if I could hear a little info on it? I plan on making programming(game development in particular) a hobby of mine in the future. I used to develop some Flash projects, but now I wan't to try working with Real Programming languages. I want to ask you, Is python the best beginner friendly program or would you recommend C++(an object oriented language would be preferred) for making simple games to platfomers? I know Learning a language isn't easy at all, But I'm willing to take the effort in learning every equation needed. Any tips for beginners? Thank you in advanced and sorry if I bothered.

Edited on by Karakato

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

pixelman

2,352. Posted:

Oh hell yes, learn Python my friend. It's the best, most logical language in existence.

I'm only just now starting to get my hands dirty with C++. I'm not a fan of it, and I certainly wouldn't recommend it for beginners. Still, it's hard to overlook how powerful it is, and games built in it can be compiled across all platforms (if you use graphics libraries like OpenGL and SDL). I like it a bit more after using Objective-C for several months. (pointers and stuff make more sense now)

And you're correct. I am developing an iOS game right now. Not co-developing though -- this one's a one-man show. :3

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

2,353. Posted:

In my avatar < Main character sprite for the game we are doing.
Also this one
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/8615/pecca.png
I call it Pecca, even though it's just a Boar/Javelina.

Edited on by KaiserGX

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

Aviator

2,354. Posted:

Why are you making a game with a hybrid of Link nd Conker?

In a way exhausting
we're problem solving
Drink 'til she's attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
Talking 'bout diplomatic
I brought my plastic
Making that peace attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

2,355. Posted:

It's suppose to be a jumpsuit, and I didn't have conker in mind when we created him. Someone on the forum suggested a Squirrel. here's the concept art.

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/2388/concepti.png
http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/1294/brutusw.png

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

Lotice-Paladin

2,356. Posted:

Damn, just found this thread via Zez's Backloggery. If I was on the PC I'd show you my Christmas Blaze Thumbnail Art I created but it's on my back up HDD. >_<

Oh, and I did it through Flash Professional CS3 which I don't have anymore...it's pretty good for a Photoshop/Paint hybrid if you are good with animation (I have some experience but I'm not prolific at it).

Edited on by Lotice-Paladin

My Starloggery

Main Final Fantasy & Quest/Shinobi Team fan...but I do like many SEGA games and a few Nintendo games.

I can be cute if I want to be, but I choose not to...as it's not my style.

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

2,357. Posted:

yay! I knew one day putting that link there would benefit someone~!

Can't wait to see your creations :O

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

Roopa132

2,358. Posted:

Next week a store in my city has an offer - buy a 25€ iTunes Store card for only 20€!
I'll buy one and then I'll get EDGE touch (1.59€) for my iPod touch. It's a great pixelart editor with lots of great features like a grid, multiple layers, full color spectrum, tracing, viewing full picture and zoomed in one at the same time and even animations. And all your pixelart can be exported as PNG, animated GIF and JPG :) I can't wait!
So expect to see a lot of pixelart from me soon :D
It'll probably be bad at first but I'll keep on practicing and maybe in a few months I can make awesome pixelart :)

Edited on by Roopa132

Probably getting a Vita with LBP soon...

AuthorMessage

pikku

2,359. Posted:

O__O
This thread should totally be called Polygon_Art now :O

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

AuthorMessage

TKOWL

2,360. Posted:

Here is my current BL backround. It took me about an hour to finish:
Untitled