Forums

Topic: Pixel Art

Posts 1,861 to 1,880 of 2,408

bro2dragons

@irken: i'm pretty sure that's the ugliest couch i've ever seen... not sure it qualifies as pixel ART...

“I am a brother to dragons and a companion to owls." Job:30:29

Nintendo Network ID: bro2dragons

retired_account

StarBoy91 wrote:

I decided to some art on Paint, and I made the Final Fantasy mage, and I think this one turned out well:
Untitled

What do you think?

I'd say that's your best art yet, StarBoy! Great job!

@irken: Wow... for some reason... I almost want that couch!

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

retired_account

Dear everyone,

Recently Flash ticked me off with its ugly syntax, so I decided to try something new. Namely, Lua and C. All went well for awhile, but I gradually learned that Lua has great limitations and that I hate memory management in C. Therefore, I will be finishing up my Ninja game and possibly making another platformer either in Flash or Python (aka, downloadable game) next.

Cheers.

retired_account

Adam

I vote Flash.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

theblackdragon

@pix: lol, i see your love affair with Lua has cooled rather rapidly :3

also, i wouldn't mind playing a downloadable game from you, if it means you'd be able to get it out to us any easier and/or quicker. i know you hate flash, lol.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

retired_account

Fun fact: I made a Metroid-style platformer in Python in a single day.

@Adam: If I make it in Flash, it'd be fifty million times harder to make a level editor.

retired_account

Adam

Give me this Metroid game.

Come on, friends,

retired_account

No!

a) it's not that great, and b) I'd have to boot up my broken Windows and compile it for you, which I'm not going to do!

retired_account

Adam

If it's not that great, then saying you made it in one day is perhaps not something to brag about. I prefer Flash because it's cross platform (assuming the prospective player is not an iPad user, but in that case, who cares about him) and someone with only marginal interest only has to click a link to play and find out if he likes it. I know I only download a game if I'm near certain I'll like it.

But you should just finish the current game and think about this later. This is no time to be distracted!

Come on, friends,

StarBoy91

Thanks, pixelsbuddy.

To each their own

retired_account

@Adam: From a coding standpoint it's impressive, mostly because a lot of the functionality is there and the code is super-clean. It's just not polished (no title screen, for example), there are only 3 different enemies, the art is bad, and the level design isn't the best out there.

retired_account

Adam

Pix!! There is work to be done! You're not getting paid unless I see progress, now stop dilly dallying.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

warioswoods

Agreed, Python > Flash.

Also, I've found that you can substitute just about any programming language for that first variable, and the statement will magically still evaluate to true.

Flash may still be the best way to get a game online for cross-platform playability in any web browser, but the future will hopefully lie in the direction of new standards like HTML5 and related technologies (for which Google has effectively ported Quake just for fun, albeit in a form that only one or two browsers can currently support).

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

retired_account

@warioswoods: Ahh cool, so you program? I didn't know that. Do you make games or what? :3

I'm appalled at how badly Flash's syntax is designed. It's easy enough to learn, but it's tedious and looks messy. Python = <3

Oh and,

Untitled

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

bro2dragons

@pix: i'm not gonna lie... i'm loving the monochrome look you got there... the screen, especially the last... does look pretty busy and rather hectic, but the style... pretty cool.

“I am a brother to dragons and a companion to owls." Job:30:29

Nintendo Network ID: bro2dragons

retired_account

Thanks bro. :3 I just made it a little less busy.

retired_account

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.