Forums

Topic: Pixel Art

Posts 1,781 to 1,800 of 2,408

retired_account

@Adam: That's a good suggestion about the controls, I'll do that. :3

The bombs are going to be used for a few things other than walls. I'm planning on having a pit of spiked enemies that's impassible unless you throw bombs in it, and they'll be key weapons in bossfights of course. I'm going to give the boomerang a few other uses:

1) Grabbing inaccessible boss keys.
2) Hitting switches. (Turning on fans/turning off flame doors/etc)
3) Destroying thick vine doors (before the bomb's introduced).

And of course stars will be the primary weapon against bosses and projectile-shooting enemies. Anyway, working on fans/switches now. Progress is insane, I've never worked so fast and hard before.

Edit: Nope, you can get out of the failpit: Skid-jump, wall-jump, double jump.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

StarBoy91

The game is good, pixelsbuddy. But, I'm having trouble locating the boomerang.

To each their own

retired_account

It's in the last chest in the room before the wall-jump.

retired_account

StarBoy91

Awww. That avatar's cute, Od.

To each their own

Rensch

So cute, he even wags his tail.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

retired_account

Alright, lotsa new updates. The baddies are no longer placeholders and most of the final art for area 1 is in.

retired_account

Odnetnin

Yes I can't wait to play the new demo! Your progress on this game is amazingly fast, pix.
On an aside do you still remember your classic platformer that aesthetically was similar to Donkey Kong and had one boss at the end? Look at how far you've come.
Regarding the puppy from Cave Story, I rather happen to like it too; thanks guys. It's Mick, the one who you find in a treasure chest.
EDIT: Comments... It's raining apples! You really made me work for the boomerang this time (same with the bombs), nice! The frogs and birds are now too cute to kill. I used to hate that bird at the very beginning and curse its guts, but who could lay a hand on those little guys all warm and snug in their nests? Seriously, WHO COULD DO SUCH A THING?! Ahem I see you took Adam's advice regarding the controls; much more intuitive. I miss not failing anymore. Out of curiosity, what would I do if I ran out of bomb ammo after reaching the WIN!! room and couldn't get out? This game needs a time attack mode. The absolute defining aspect of this game (so far at least) for me is the art style. You sure aint called the pixelman for nothing. Coupled with the gameplay you have a badass-ninja-dude-game that is a joy to control and a feast for the eyes. Any plans for sound effects and/or a soundtrack? Well done well done, pix.
Oh yeah, and inb4 everybody else : Untitled

Edited on by Odnetnin

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

Adam

Very, very nice.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

StarBoy91

Awesome redesign, pixelsbuddy. The boomerang is a cool weapon.

To each their own

retired_account

@Od: Thanks. You'd be stuck in the win room, poor you. lol. Seriously though, I'm planning on making bomb doors remain open when you go through them, and they only respawn if you go to a different, non-connected area. I'm totally going to add sounds and music. Also, it should be noted that this is NOT the final level design. The finished game will be much larger and have three different areas, plus bosses. It should end up playing like a fully-featured NES game! And yep, I've been planning on adding a time attack mode from pretty much day one.

@zez: Yeah, for now.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

StarBoy91

@Od - all that equals Panda?

To each their own

retired_account

lol Od. Just made it so you can't get stuck behind a bomb room, unless you exit to another non-adjacent room.

retired_account

Percentful

I beat it, and I love it! I hope you don't do a complete re-design like you did with the mining version. I really like this one...

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

KarrotMan

Hey Pixel buddy, your game is looking better than ever, the stages are really detailed and the enemies are cute. But might I ask a stupid question, How do I skid jump?

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.