Forums

Topic: Pixel Art

Posts 1,661 to 1,680 of 2,408

Percentful

The ninja still does ballerina jumps...
I still like it. I don't really have anything against them (I used to be in gymnastics, after all), but it doesn't seem right to have a ninja leaping around like that. :3

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

StarBoy91

Yay!!! Ballerina-Leaping Ninjas!!!

To each their own

retired_account

I just updated it again - any better? It's supposed to look like a hurdle.

retired_account

StarBoy91

Your ninja, pixelsbuddy, jumps farther than he used to.

To each their own

StarBoy91

@pixels - dude, your game is bigger than before. And I see you've added some platforms. I like seeing how your game is doing.

To each their own

retired_account

Thankee. I did make it bigger so there can be some longer sequences of platforms. Just a fun fact, it's the same resolution as an SNES game. :3

Guess I should add multiple areas next.

Oh, and you can get hit by the spikes now, too.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

bro2dragons

@pix: talk about precision platforming! those small floaty platforms are tough.

hey, you up for one last edit on that logo? the boss loved the font of the last... but just wants the outline of it. on a light blue background with some kind of slight nuance and/or texture to it. but not the swirl. what we have on the main page right now seems to be the way he wants the font, so i think it's really the background he's most interested in now. again, as always, if you don't have time, i realize what i'm asking of you, so don't worry about it. but if you've got ideas and it'd be fairly easy to throw together, i, and the WarpZones staff would be much appreciative. this is about as specific as i can get you, though, so i guess we're leaning on your artistic know-how once again. anyway, if you've got the time, one final redesign would be fantastic. thanks!

“I am a brother to dragons and a companion to owls." Job:30:29

Nintendo Network ID: bro2dragons

StarBoy91

Hooray for platform jumping!!!

To each their own

retired_account

@bro: So... you want to see the background within the letters' outlines? No filling at all? And did your boss like the four-tile gradient thingy? Like, would he like that without the spiral?

retired_account

retired_account

Okay, I whipped up a couple. I widened the logo so there's more emphasis on the text than the background.

Here's the version with sharp-edged tiles:
Untitled

And one with softened edges:
Untitled

Is this kind of what you're looking for, or do you want the blue more "nuanced?" Do you want it lighter/darker? More color/greyer? Less contrast? I can make as many drafts as you want, just let me know (specifically) what bothers you so I can fix it.

note: I don't intend for these to be final drafts, unless you outright love them or something.

EDIT: I just took a look at the site... is that the look he's wanting? IE, 1px wide outline? Because that looks fine with a vivid colored outline with a black background, but if it was a black outline on different shades of blue... I don't think it'd look very good.

retired_account

Percentful

Well, Bro2, I am officially subscribed to your site, and I have now bookmarked it! I look forward to more in the future!

Just let it happen.

KarrotMan

Hello pixelman, I'm a bit new here, but pixel art is one of my hobbies. I made some sprites of a character I made up, A robot ninja "K-001", using MS paint. Maybe some others already asked this, but can I ask you for tips to animate sprites please?

My old profile pic with the real character sprite: http://imgcash6.imageshack.us/img101/9088/87501119.th.png?0.8...

My mugshot of the character: http://imgcash2.imageshack.us/img42/1306/kmug2.png?0.34045056...

Edited on by KarrotMan

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

Percentful

Welcome to NL, Karakato_001! You picked a good thread to post in, and I like the mugshot

Edited on by Percentful

Just let it happen.

bro2dragons

@pix: ooh. i like that, too. i will show him these and ask about the thickness of the font, and see what he says. thanks, again, buddy.

@110: awesome! thanks! that's great news, and i will be sure to tell the staff. and if you wanna see us grow, tell anybody you know who may be interested to send us an email.

“I am a brother to dragons and a companion to owls." Job:30:29

Nintendo Network ID: bro2dragons

KarrotMan

@pixelman - Thank you so much for this. It is really complicated, but I'll try to understand it in no time. May I ask another question, Can I simply copy my MS-paint sprites to Gimps?

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

retired_account

Yeah, you could do that. But honestly Gimp isn't complicated once you learn the hotkeys. I use it for all of my artwork now.

retired_account

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.