NotEnoughGolds

Not a bad avatar, pixelman.
But it's still not a ferret

NotEnoughGolds

StarBoy91

What are your thoughts on my GIMP art?

To each their own

bro2dragons

that tear is great, Starboy! very realistic. i like it.

“I am a brother to dragons and a companion to owls." Job:30:29

Nintendo Network ID: bro2dragons

Namo

Yeah, you did a great job on it, Star-mah-boy ^^

Namo wrote:

"O Gods of gaming, I beg thee, have mercy and do not allow another game franchise to be ruined for me by its fanbase. Amen."

Grounder is the best robot from the Sonic universe ever. Period. Metal Sonic? Pffft, forg...

retired_account

Here's some more concept art for my exploration platformer. I'm going for a more whimsical, Mario-esque theme now. I'm really happy with my character sprite. I think it's one of the best I've done.

Untitled

@StarBoy: Looks great! :3

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

bro2dragons

@pix: do you ever finish these games of yours? every one i'd LOVE to play...

retired_account

Bwaaaaaaaagh. These screenshots are not games. They are concept art for a single game that I'm working on. As a matter of fact, I have a Flash engine ready and waiting for me to plug in some graphics. I've gone through a wide variety of art styles but so far there's always been something that looks foul in my eyes, so I try something else.

HOWEVER.

I love this new sprite to death. It's very clean-looking and every time I come back and look at it it looks awesome to me, which is something that hasn't happened with previous sprites I've drawn. So yeah, unless something drastic occurs I will be using that character sprite. :3

retired_account

bro2dragons

awesome. there's just been so many different things. a very basic super pixel bros one, the metroid-esque one, a space-y one, several ninja ones, several cheery ones like this.... just seemed like you had a thousand and a half started projects and no finished ones.

Rensch

I really like that character sprite, pixelman. He reminds me of Commander Keen, a classic platformer for DOS, which was one of my childhood favorites.

Edited on by Rensch

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

retired_account

AWESOME, I'm glad someone picked up on that. He was indeed inspired by Commander Keen from Episode 4. I love those games. :3

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

StarBoy91

I once considered making an avatar for Chicken Brutus. Would he like it if I made one for him?

To each their own

Machu

That's awesome pixelman. I love the trees! hate dem spikes!

Rawr!

bro2dragons

@StarBoy: only one way to find out. seriously, though, i'm sure he'd be flattered.

That's pretty coool pixel

Stuffgamer1

Me want play game! Just that one screenshot is so promising!

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

Rensch

pixelman wrote:

AWESOME, I'm glad someone picked up on that. He was indeed inspired by Commander Keen from Episode 4. I love those games. :3

You've just gone way up my respect ladder. Commander Keen was so awesome. He looks like CK yet sorta NES-like at the same time. Great sprite!

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.