Forums

Topic: Pixel Art

Posts 141 to 160 of 2,400

SMEXIZELDAMAN

@pizelman o ok thanks anyways . so liek how hard is java to do games? i might download it

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

retired_account

Like I said, it's a pain to set up the dev environment and it takes a ton of time and commitment to learn it, as well as some previous programming experience. The imaging library is awful too. Only reason I'm doing it is so I can share games with people easily.

retired_account

SMEXIZELDAMAN

ok i got gimp now so what do you do again to make it pixel art?

God loves you

retired_account

You go back one page and re-read what I told you.

retired_account

SMEXIZELDAMAN

Im going to make pixel tingles for my avatar

God loves you

Machu

Lovely Game-Boy art there pixeldude. I'm still busy in the background trying to emulate you, it's tough, but fun. I've lost countless hours in Gimp. I'm used to using Corel so happy (and surprised) to find all the tools I like, in a freeware program, you can do loads! Thanks again for introducing me.

Edited on by Machu

Rawr!

retired_account

@Dicesukeinuzuka: Nice work, I like the youtube vids. You certainly have mastered MSPaint.

@Machu: Thanks! Good luck with your stuff, pixelart is a hell of a lot of fun.

retired_account

Dicesukeinuzuka

pixelman wrote:

Well, I made a larger version with the same style. I upped the grid size to 24x24 pixels, which increases the amount of detail I can include. I think y'all will agree that the ninja looks a lot better. The redraw didn't take as long as the first one, but it still took around an hour or so of work.

Untitled

hey pixelman, there is a program called byond (byond.com), where you can make 2d games and play other peoples too, apparently the language isn't to hard to learn, but I still can't get it.

call me Dicesuke Inuzuka, Daisuke, Dice, or Dai.
deviant art page:
http://dicesukeinuzuka.deviantart.com/

retired_account

I haven't heard of it. And if I haven't heard of it, I'd suggest not using it. If you're looking for something really easy to get into, you might try GameMaker. I haven't tried it myself, but it's very popular.

retired_account

SMEXIZELDAMAN

pixelman how do you get a backround and stuff for gimp? im a gimp noob

God loves you

Dicesukeinuzuka

thanks pixelman i'll try gamemaker.

call me Dicesuke Inuzuka, Daisuke, Dice, or Dai.
deviant art page:
http://dicesukeinuzuka.deviantart.com/

SMEXIZELDAMAN

nevermind i figured out. is there a way to clone? i was gonna make two tingle but i dont want to draw them both

God loves you

retired_account

@SUPERZELDAMAN: I believe that's commonly called "Copy" and "Paste". Use the select tool (Hotkey R) and drag select the portion of the image you'd like to duplicate. Then use Edit > Copy (Hotkey Ctrl + C), and then Edit > Paste (Hotkey Ctrl + V). If you need further help, please refer to the Documentation.

@SSBF1999: Sweetness, looking forward to it.

retired_account

Rensch

I'm thinking about learning Game Maker as you can also use it without programming, which is not really my thing. I'm more visually inclined so I like to keep things in WYSIWYG - editor style if possible.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

ItsFuzzyPickles

pixelman wrote:

@SUPERZELDAMAN: I believe that's commonly called "Copy" and "Paste". Use the select tool (Hotkey R) and drag select the portion of the image you'd like to duplicate. Then use Edit > Copy (Hotkey Ctrl + C), and then Edit > Paste (Hotkey Ctrl + V). If you need further help, please refer to the Documentation.

@SSBF1999: Sweetness, looking forward to it.

In the work right now, but it'll take awhile, since this is my first original sprite product and that I don't want to spend hour upon hour on painting a picture. But it'll get finish (Hopefully).

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

SonicMaster

Hey, pixelman, can you make me that avatar now?

SonicMaster

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.