Forums

Topic: Pixel Art

Posts 1,281 to 1,300 of 2,408

bro2dragons

i decided i was gonna try some pixel art... i did it in paint, and it's pretty crappy. i'll probably try gimp next time... and maybe go slower... eh. i may make it my avi, but idk if it'll look right since i made it oblong instead of square...

Untitled

“I am a brother to dragons and a companion to owls." Job:30:29

Nintendo Network ID: bro2dragons

nintendogamerftw

Supermegaman wrote:

@zezhyrule nice! I much prefer this font to the wierd slanty letters, and cool avatar! I might make some trippy background someday too.
@nintendogamerftw well, i suggest making a dock of colors, brushes, and maybe layers. You can do that by going to the window thing and clicking dockable docks and then clicking colors, then clicking the litle arrow on the brushes tab and click add tab and add brushes. Then go to brushes and make a custom brush 100% hardened and 100% spikes and then making the radius .5. now you should make a whatever size you want (16x16, 32x32, or 60x60 if you want a sprite or avatar size thing) then use your 1 pixel square brush and begin pixelarting!
I am assuming you just want ti for pixel art, thats all i use it for. And I use mac, but if its on PC im sure it cant be that different. If it is i think pixelman has a mac...

My head hurts...
Just kidding, I finally managed to figure it out. I may just not post up the copy of your new banner I made.

"'What am I fighting for!!!" -Zero
Nintengamerftw's Backloggery
PSN ID: Nintengamerftw
White FC: 0003 2698 1334

bro2dragons

pix, zez, StarBoy, nintendogamer, supermega, any of you have any suggestions for me? my dragon... kinda sucks. i've never been artistically gifted, but i would like this one to be better... recommendations on how i can do that?

Supermegaman

@bro2dragons Microsoft paint or gimp?
Microsoft paint: draw a non pixel outline and then pixelize it. This helped when I was drawing a dragon at one point, scethed it with black and then put gray pixels along the line, and then got rid of the black, and then colored the gray pixels black.
Gimp: If you arent all ready, put the pixel count very low and make a 1 pixel brush. This makes certain that their will be no other pixels out of place. Unfourtunatly, if you do this the outlining thing wont work as well, but it helped for me.
The dragon in general: maybe make his neck a little less thin, and the wings not directly coming out of his side. Liek you shouldnt see where the wings are conecting, just have a the wings be visible on the corners of his body.

Hope this helps if it makes any sense...

sonic_brawler95

I love looking at all these extraordinary masterpieces. I really want to make my own pixel art, but I don't think I the artistic skill or patiance to do so. But I'll try it eventually.

Edited on by sonic_brawler95

3DS FC: 5412-9891-8712

sonic_brawler95

Hm, it won't let me post my pixel art on here, but its my new avatar. Whachya think?

Edited on by sonic_brawler95

Arkia

@sonic_brawler: You have to upload the image to imageshack or somewhere if you want to post it. Trying to link to your hard drive like that doesn't work.

Anyways, the avatar looks good.

bro2dragons

Thanks, supermega. I'll work on it at some point today. also, how do i change it to make it a square, but keep it proportional? or can i even do that in paint?

StarBoy91

I like your pixel art, sonic brawler. It's cool.

To each their own

StarBoy91

That's awesome, abgar.

To each their own

sonic_brawler95

Arkia wrote:

@sonic_brawler: You have to upload the image to imageshack or somewhere if you want to post it. Trying to link to your hard drive like that doesn't work.

Anyways, the avatar looks good.

Oh, I see. I was thinking that was the problem.
Oh, and thanks!

bro2dragons

@supermega: i meant make the picture square and proportional, so it fits as an avi....?

Noire

This took me longer than I expected, but oh well. I think it turned out well. :3

Behold, Kratos Aurion!

Untitled

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

bro2dragons

wow you guys have talent...

hobbes

Thats looking good Feenie

http://www.backloggery.com/hobbes543

Percentful

Hey abgar, do you think you could make an electroplankton avatar for me? Even the head part of a Beatnes would be great!

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

StarBoy91

Wow, Feenie, that is amazing!!!

To each their own

retired_account

WOW, Feenie, that is rockin' awesome! My eyes, wide they are! You've got serious skillz.

retired_account

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.