Forums

Topic: Pixel Art

Posts 1,241 to 1,260 of 2,408

nintendogamerftw

I'm thinking about making the first one my banner in backloggery too.
Supermegaman explodes

EDIT: I should note that I copied your lists in the backloggery too. I just used your list heading like "Favorite Mainish Characters" and inserted my favorites instead. They should call me TheHacker.

Edited on by nintendogamerftw

"'What am I fighting for!!!" -Zero
Nintengamerftw's Backloggery
PSN ID: Nintengamerftw
White FC: 0003 2698 1334

StarBoy91

Everyone's got great banners in backloggery.

To each their own

Supermegaman

On topic, I tried to make my avatar squarish, but the top and bottom parts are left feeling empty and lonely... so i think ill keep the stretchy one for now. Workin on a newly themed one currently.

StarBoy91

That's cool, SuperMegaMan. Your MegaMan avatar is awesome.

To each their own

StarBoy91

I made some more pixel art, and it's based on my favorite character, PC-Engine, from my favorite game, Star Parodier.
Although, I feel I could've done a slight bit better:
Untitled

To each their own

nintendogamerftw

Supermegaman wrote:

@nintendogamerftw /me explodes
That would be stealing
I dont really mind you copying my lists, but avatar and banner? Dont you think thats taking it a bit to far? Maybe a little bit?

Relax, I was just kidding. The only reason I made both of them was to see your reaction.
I hope you don't mind I keep my Protoman avatar though, as it was created entirely by me, just inspired by you.

StarBoy91

What do you guys think of the PC-Engine pixel art I made?
Why has noone replied to me since comment 1251? =(

Edited on by StarBoy91

To each their own

nintendogamerftw

I think it's great. I'm not good enough to make something that looks good. That is, unless I have material to start with.
Wink

StarBoy91

Thanks, nintendogamerftw. It's fun to draw on Paint.

To each their own

zezhyrule

StarBoy91 wrote:

Thanks, nintendogamerftw. It's fun to draw on Paint.

GIMP is better, believe me. I downloaded it when I started making pixely art, but I found it too complicated. Then pix helped me(kind of) and I figured it out. It's a lot easier if you know how to use it.

Btw, awesome job!

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

Funky_Gamer

If you like pixel art, then check out my flipnotes.
my creator room: http://flipnote.hatena.com/56F7682031CFE88C@DSi/
and here is my best flipnotes ever. [flipnote:56F7682031CFE88C:CFE88C_09736A9807332_027]
It reached over 50000 stars!!

"Remember: when life rocks you, RAWK BACK!" ~Rawk Hawk
FNS: Y B L R R R B >

StarBoy91

That was cool, Funky Gamer.
Is the only way to do it by DSi?

To each their own

Supermegaman

So I decided to make a new backloggery banner!

Untitled

The original. I figured streching it wouldnt add too much...

Untitled

It got pretty ugly...
Is the computer just bad at stretching single pixels? Or does it have anything to do with the fact that I added a layer to stretch it? Is there any easy way to fix this without starting over? Im ok with it now, and ill probably redo it later if there isnt a nice easy way to fix this.

Ive realized, that if i managed to cut the original down to half its size by chopping off the edges, it wont be all stretch distorted, how do i do that on gimp? Is there like a cut tool? And is there any way to fix the pixel distortion thing?

Edited on by Supermegaman

Funky_Gamer

StarBoy91 wrote:

That was cool, Funky Gamer.
Is the only way to do it by DSi?

Thanks for the suppot. And yes, you can only make them by the DSi. or so I think

"Remember: when life rocks you, RAWK BACK!" ~Rawk Hawk
FNS: Y B L R R R B >

retired_account

Dun dun dun. Introducing a monochromatic adventurer who looks nothing like a certain popular fictional archeologist whose first name is that of a state located in the good ol' USA.

Untitled

Edit: @supermegaman: If you're using Gimp, you need to set the Stretch tool's interpolation to "None". Also, if you click the chain next to the Width and Height fields, it'll keep it at the same aspect ratio.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

Arkia

So, I drew this for a platformer I started making a couple days ago. Not a ripoff of anything of course. Why would you think such silly things >.>

Untitled

Eel

I found some old sprites from years ago when i had a proper computer to draw on
Untitled
http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/3056/smb2puff0ld.png <--getaris was a nickname on another forum
http://img451.imageshack.us/img451/3216/smb2puffchi4ar.png <-- "short" version of the previous one
http://img463.imageshack.us/img463/8562/makar227ku.png <--gerardo is my other name
http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/3386/heterrasqp8.png

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.