Showing 121 to 140 of 2,433
121. Posted: Mon 20th Jul 2009 03:24 BST
Is this even an image file? You need to open it with an image program (Paint) and save it as a BMP, JPEG, or PNG.
I don't want to give out my email.
I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it
3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy
122. Posted: Mon 20th Jul 2009 03:25 BST
I made it with gimp, and it's a .xcf file.
I have trouble finishing games.
Current victims of shelving: Ni no Kuni, Dragon Quest VIII, Ratchet Deadlocked
123. Posted: Mon 20th Jul 2009 03:27 BST
Aha. Save the image (in Gimp) with a .png extension. IE
Remember, don't simply rename it on your desktop. That won't change the file format, just the file name.
124. Posted: Mon 20th Jul 2009 03:29 BST
125. Posted: Mon 20th Jul 2009 03:39 BST
Yay! Now it works! check out my backloggery @ backloggery.com/sonicmaster. I'll probably add it to my sig.
Edited on Mon 20th July, 2009 @ 03:40 by SonicMaster
126. Posted: Mon 20th Jul 2009 03:49 BST
So, wil lanybody else be my backloggery buddy? Oh, and btw, Pixelman, I probably couldn't do art like yours in a million years.
127. Posted: Mon 20th Jul 2009 03:51 BST
Thanks. I don't have a backloggery.
Anyway, let's try to get back on-topic.
128. Posted: Mon 20th Jul 2009 03:53 BST
Okay. So, how long does it take you to do a pixel art painting?
129. Posted: Mon 20th Jul 2009 03:55 BST
Usually between an hour to three hours. I really get sucked into it, so I hardly notice the time fly by.
130. Posted: Mon 20th Jul 2009 04:01 BST
Eh, I'm still not that good at making gimp images.
131. Posted: Mon 20th Jul 2009 04:04 BST
Maybe tomorrow I'll start a project to make a pixel, side-scrolling image of my possible future game company mascot, Kodiak the Bear.
132. Posted: Fri 31st Jul 2009 21:04 BST
I thought it fitting to make some GameBoy pixelart today, seeing as how today is the GameBoy's 20th Anniversary!
Introducing Pixel Boy!!
It's heavily inspired by Super Mario Land, and the ground tiles are, admittedly, almost identical.
Edited on Sat 1st August, 2009 @ 00:37 by pixelman
133. Posted: Fri 31st Jul 2009 21:46 BST
Cool! The Super Mario Land games were awesome.
Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358
134. Posted: Fri 31st Jul 2009 21:47 BST
@pixelman what program do u use?
135. Posted: Fri 31st Jul 2009 22:07 BST
@pixelman dude i have gimp too but m not very good at drawing in it. how do you make pixel drawings with it? What program you use to make games? i use blender (another free program) and i have a super glitchy pretty beastly 3-d game but what sytem do you use? blender complicated fo me
Edited on Fri 31st July, 2009 @ 22:07 by SMEXIZELDAMAN
Lord Head Admin of SonyLife
♥♥♥Videogames are lame♥♥♥
136. Posted: Fri 31st Jul 2009 22:10 BST
@SUPERTINGLEMAN: Zoom in on the image to 800% and shrink the pencil size to 1x1. That's pretty much all I do for sprites. I'm using Java for game making right now. It's a pain to setup the dev environment.
Edited on Fri 31st July, 2009 @ 22:11 by pixelman
137. Posted: Fri 31st Jul 2009 22:12 BST
is java free? or does it cost moneys? somehow my gimp got un-installed and i cant find out how to download again can you please help me? i go to downloads but there is nothing to download there
138. Posted: Fri 31st Jul 2009 22:13 BST
139. Posted: Fri 31st Jul 2009 22:15 BST
@Zeldaman: Java is free, but it takes a lot of time and commitment to learn. And sorry, I don't know what the issue is with Gimp.
@irken: No problem.
140. Posted: Fri 31st Jul 2009 22:18 BST
@pixelman well i go to downloads but what do i click to download it?