Forums

Topic: Pixel Art

Posts 121 to 140 of 2,408

SonicMaster

I made it with gimp, and it's a .xcf file.

SonicMaster

retired_account

Aha. Save the image (in Gimp) with a .png extension. IE

myimage.png

Remember, don't simply rename it on your desktop. That won't change the file format, just the file name.

retired_account

SonicMaster

Yay! Now it works! check out my backloggery @ backloggery.com/sonicmaster. I'll probably add it to my sig.

Edited on by SonicMaster

SonicMaster

SonicMaster

So, wil lanybody else be my backloggery buddy? Oh, and btw, Pixelman, I probably couldn't do art like yours in a million years.

SonicMaster

retired_account

Thanks. I don't have a backloggery.

Anyway, let's try to get back on-topic.

retired_account

SonicMaster

Okay. So, how long does it take you to do a pixel art painting?

SonicMaster

retired_account

Usually between an hour to three hours. I really get sucked into it, so I hardly notice the time fly by.

retired_account

SonicMaster

Eh, I'm still not that good at making gimp images.

SonicMaster

SonicMaster

Maybe tomorrow I'll start a project to make a pixel, side-scrolling image of my possible future game company mascot, Kodiak the Bear.

SonicMaster

retired_account

I thought it fitting to make some GameBoy pixelart today, seeing as how today is the GameBoy's 20th Anniversary!

Introducing Pixel Boy!!

Untitled

It's heavily inspired by Super Mario Land, and the ground tiles are, admittedly, almost identical.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

Rensch

Cool! The Super Mario Land games were awesome.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

SMEXIZELDAMAN

@pixelman dude i have gimp too but m not very good at drawing in it. how do you make pixel drawings with it? What program you use to make games? i use blender (another free program) and i have a super glitchy pretty beastly 3-d game but what sytem do you use? blender complicated fo me

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

retired_account

@irken004: Gimp.

@SUPERTINGLEMAN: Zoom in on the image to 800% and shrink the pencil size to 1x1. That's pretty much all I do for sprites. I'm using Java for game making right now. It's a pain to setup the dev environment.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

SMEXIZELDAMAN

is java free? or does it cost moneys? somehow my gimp got un-installed and i cant find out how to download again can you please help me? i go to downloads but there is nothing to download there

God loves you

retired_account

@Zeldaman: Java is free, but it takes a lot of time and commitment to learn. And sorry, I don't know what the issue is with Gimp.

@irken: No problem.

retired_account

SMEXIZELDAMAN

@pixelman well i go to downloads but what do i click to download it?

God loves you

retired_account

I don't know, sorry. It auto-detects your operating system and gives instructions and download links based upon that. I'm on linux, so it gives me linux instructions.

retired_account

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.