Forums

Topic: Pixel Art

Posts 1,161 to 1,180 of 2,408

Percentful

@werble the fewer pixels you have, the more pixely it will look. If you want it to be bigger, then just pretend that every 9x9 square is a single pixel. You should actually try to make something, and that will also help you.

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

Turnip

Yeah, i tried it and it worked. thanx!

Cringing is really fun.

Toon_Link

That picture is really cool Starboy!

Toon_Link

Turnip

Hmmm....whenever i copy and paste it, it looks normal again.

Cringing is really fun.

Percentful

Here's a new one I made. It doesn't really count because I copied a picture of a chain chomp pixel-for-pixel, then just changed the colors. It still took me a long time, though.
Untitled

Just let it happen.

bro2dragons

that's really cool, 110!

“I am a brother to dragons and a companion to owls." Job:30:29

Nintendo Network ID: bro2dragons

StarBoy91

The Chain Chomps with the primary colors look cool, 110%.

To each their own

StarBoy91

That's amazing, zez. The ocarina has turned 16-bit.

To each their own

Odnetnin

@110 Your chain chomp art reminds me of a certain level from Super Mario Sunshine and even more of a certain level from Super Mario Galaxy and more still of a certain level from Super Paper Mario. Let the guessing begin (for a virtual cookie, of course).

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

Percentful

Odnetnin wrote:

@110 Your chain chomp art reminds me of a certain level from Super Mario Sunshine and even more of a certain level from Super Mario Galaxy and more still of a certain level from Super Paper Mario. Let the guessing begin (for a virtual cookie, of course).

On super mario sunshine, the level where chain chomp gets his bath.
On super paper mario, the fight with the three primary color chomps, where nothing moves, and it is turn based like the original paper marios.
On super mario galaxy, I have no idea

Just let it happen.

Percentful

The super mario sunshine level is where I got the idea of making a gold [I guess it turned out looking yellow] chain chomp.

Just let it happen.

retired_account

@zez: WOW, you did a great job with your avatar. You should do something with the background, though.

retired_account

zezhyrule

pixelman wrote:

@zez: WOW, you did a great job with your avatar. You should do something with the background, though.

I can't beleive I thought about gifting you a VC game for it. What should I do with the background?

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

StarBoy91

In it's original size, I've decided to make three ghosts from Pac-Man:
Untitled
Artist's notes: it's not been resized; the first one was created the other two were copied and pasted, albeit altered; I used the brush feature, but it's all pixels; the three ghosts each represent the emotion from their colors (blue=sad; pink=shy; red=mad); and it was a fun project.
Any thoughts on it?

To each their own

zezhyrule

Great job Starboy!

@pixelman: How do I make resize an image(pixely art) without losing quality? My ocarina, for example, when zoomed to 100%, it is really small. How would I make it NL-avatar-sized? Also, what should I change about my avi background?

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

retired_account

Looks good StarBoy. :3

@zez: Use the scale tool. Select the entire image with the Rectangle select tool (topleft), then click the Scale Tool, and resize it to twice the selected area's dimensions. Also, make sure you set the Interpolation on the scale tool to None so it won't be blurry.

As for your background, I dno. Just a green background seems a bit bland to me. Perhaps change it to white and put a snazzy shadow under it? lol

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.