Forums

Topic: Pixel Art

Posts 1,141 to 1,160 of 2,408

retired_account

@Werble: Gimp. You have to have a layer for each sprite and then save it as an animated GIF.

retired_account

StarBoy91

Nice gif animation, pixels.

To each their own

zezhyrule

I finally decided to try GIMP. It was so much easier than MSpaint! Here is my "Practice" creation!
Untitled

EDIT: Any idea as to why it's so small? Is there any way to resize it?

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

Turnip

NEED HELP!!! I also need to know how to make your art look pixely in gimp!

Cringing is really fun.

zezhyrule

@Werble:

pixelman wrote:

Ahhh, you need to use the pencil (Circle (01)), not the brush. Also, if you need to erase something check the "Hard Edge" option in the Eraser tool.

If that doesn't tell you anything, then wait until pixel can tell you.

StarBoy91

That's awesome, zez!!!
I'm glad my Blazer pixel art turned out good. I shall attempt some more pixel art, maybe I could make one for some user.

Edited on by StarBoy91

To each their own

zezhyrule

Thanks Starboy!!! Right now, I'm working on another suicune. With a lot more colors than 3.

Here it is! It is another "practice" one.
Untitled

This is my 2nd GIMP creation. Again, the whole small issue? Any way to resize?

Edit: Btw, I did make this, and it took me about 2 hours(since the time I posted the last suicune).

Edited on by zezhyrule

Supermegaman

@zez wholy crap butt! that looks like it was taken straight out of the game! In fact so much it looks sort of like you copied it off the internet... but i believe you did it! me trusts you
You know its amazing when people think you copied it
Maybe a side by side comparison would be useful...?
My lastest piece im doing at school, so it gets done slowly. Still havent filled in that king though... might go do that now...

StarBoy91

You're very talented when it comes to art, zez. That's awesome!!!!

To each their own

zezhyrule

A side by side comparison wouldn't help much, considering I copied it pixel by pixel(I'm trying to get used to GIMP), but here you go:
Untitled Untitled

Mine-----------------DS Sprite

Yep. The colors aren't exactly the same, but you can't really tell.
Again, no talent really... just time. I was wondering why everybody was so amazed Sorry to disappoint!

EDIT: actually, I used my browser zoom function, and on mine the dark purple color(not the shade, but the lines in the "hair/cape" thing) is a little darker than the real sprite. There are also some very subtle color differences.

I'm going to make a real(not "copied") piece later.

Edited on by zezhyrule

retired_account

@zez: That's exactly what I did when I started out with pixel art. I think I still have some three year old old Sonic and Mario sprites lurking in my hard drive somewhere. :3 Copying stuff helps give you a feel of the techniques (and tricks) the pros use.

retired_account

StarBoy91

Anyone here play Adventures of Lolo? If so, then you'll probably recognize this cute blue character, Lolo:
Untitled
This one's a png, and I zoomed in 800%, and I used a brush. Then I doubled the size. It's probably not as good as my Blazer pixel art, but what do you think?

To each their own

Turnip

Hey pixel, can you tell me how to make stuff look pixely?

Cringing is really fun.

bro2dragons

StarBoy91 wrote:

That's awesome, zez!!!
I'm glad my Blazer pixel art turned out good. I shall attempt some more pixel art, maybe I could make one for some user.

if you're taking requests, Starboy, i'm always up for a dragon. I still love pixelman's and will probably switch back to it as my avi again pretty soon here... but anyone and everyone who wants to try their hand at a custom making me a dragon of any sort... go for it. i'll gladly use it as an avi.

Edited on by bro2dragons

“I am a brother to dragons and a companion to owls." Job:30:29

Nintendo Network ID: bro2dragons

retired_account

@Werble: Zoom in to your pic at 800%, select the pencil tool, change the Brush shape to "Circle (01)", and if you need to use the eraser check the "Hard edge" option.

@StarBoy: Looks good. :3

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.